PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar vs. Mir II... Any predictions?

BEAVER.989
06-24-2009, 01:16 PM
As the title implies, what do you think will happen?

gncc025
06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
i say lesnar whips his ***

250r4life
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
i have to agree... mir got lucky that lesnar was stupid last time, cuz he was getting beat on... i this lesnar wont be so stupid this time, and i think mir is going to get pounded on

fastredrider44
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I actually kinda like Mir, so I hope that when Lesner is done, Mir can still walk.

sparks 450
06-24-2009, 03:34 PM
b. L. by ko.

BEAVER.989
06-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm counting on a great fight. I don't even want to try to call it. Mir is a much more complete fighter than Lesnar, but Brock's sheer strength is hard to overcome.

Jigsaw
06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Mir by submission

feuerstack411
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
I hate Lesnar, so Mir.

2000ex
06-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Mir was the first one EVER to KO Noguiera, and he is not known to be a KO artist. I think that win gives Mir a false sense of him being somehow better than he is.

Nog has been POUNDED on by some of the hardest hitters in MMA and shrugged off those shots. Watch all of the Fedor/Noguiera fights if you have not to seen what I am talking about. Clearly there was something wrong with him during that fight

Lesnar, although green in MMA poses big time danger to anyone with his size, strength, and athleticism. Revenge is a great motivator and I see Lesnar stopping him in the 1st or 2nd round via TKO or Mir tapping to strikes from the top.

Doak450r
06-25-2009, 02:38 AM
nog had a torn meniscus in his knee before the fight couldnt train and it kept giving out on him during the fight. I'm still going with mir over lesnar, gsp over alves even though i think alves might take it and hendo over bisbing even though hendo really hasn't looked like his former self from his pride days.

reptikes
06-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Doak450r
nog had a torn meniscus in his knee before the fight couldnt train and it kept giving out on him during the fight. I'm still going with mir over lesnar, gsp over alves even though i think alves might take it and hendo over bisbing even though hendo really hasn't looked like his former self from his pride days.

WRONG. Nog had a staff infection. Energy level at ZERO. Nog would/still will smash Mir as Brock will. Brock is going to be HW Champ for a while to come.

JLanphear
06-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i have to agree... mir got lucky that lesnar was stupid last time, cuz he was getting beat on... i this lesnar wont be so stupid this time, and i think mir is going to get pounded on

I wouldn't say Mir got "lucky" really. He was getting pounded on...You have to give him credit for being able to spot that opening and take advantage of it after being manhandled by Lesnar like he was.

My money for this fight would have to be on Lesnar though. He's a smart guy and I think he will def. be more careful this time. Mir is a dangerous guy though, so we could see a repeat of last time for sure.

I really dont like Lesnar because of his attitude and the things he says, but I'm sure that is just his way of getting himself prepared for a fight. Either way, love him or hate him you gotta respect him for his abilities. He's not just big and strong, he's incredibly fast, agile, and just all around a great athlete and competitor.

He's a force that's for sure.

fastredrider44
06-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
He's not just big and strong, he's incredibly fast, agile, and just all around a great athlete and competitor.

Yeah, and scary fast at that. Sometimes he delays too much, but when he moves, HE MOVES. It will either be Mir by submission or Lesner by KO. But I don't think Mir can go toe to toe, and I don't think Lesner has 3 or more rounds in him either.

BEAVER.989
06-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Yeah, and scary fast at that. Sometimes he delays too much, but when he moves, HE MOVES. It will either be Mir by submission or Lesner by KO. But I don't think Mir can go toe to toe, and I don't think Lesner has 3 or more rounds in him either.

Brock's already proven that he can go 3 rounds. It's the "or more" part, I'm not so sure about. Let's face it... Both of these guys are big boys. Eventually one of them will tire and as someone said, it will either be Brock by KO or Mir by submission. I see no way for this fight to go all 5 rounds.

Doak450r
06-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
WRONG. Nog had a staff infection. Energy level at ZERO. Nog would/still will smash Mir as Brock will. Brock is going to be HW Champ for a while to come.

ok i can come up with as many sites as you want to confirm what i wrote, here's one.

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Big-Nog-Healthy-And-Ready-For-Randy-Couture-At-UFC-102.html

Doak450r
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BEAVER.989
Brock's already proven that he can go 3 rounds. It's the "or more" part, I'm not so sure about. Let's face it... Both of these guys are big boys. Eventually one of them will tire and as someone said, it will either be Brock by KO or Mir by submission. I see no way for this fight to go all 5 rounds.

honestly i don't think lesnar or mirs stamina is all that great either. when lesnar fought heath herring he beat on him pretty good the first round, then pretty much lay and prayed on him for the next two rounds not doing much damage, so you really can't say that was a great test of cardio, then he fought randy and to me he looked to be getting tired after the first round, so i really don't think his cardio is all that great, and mir isn't really know to come into all his fights in the best shape but i guarantee he will for this one.

reptikes
06-26-2009, 01:34 AM
ok i can come up with as many sites as you want to confirm what i wrote, here's one.

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Big-Nog-Healthy-And-Ready-For-Randy-Couture-At-UFC-102.html

The only site i go to is UFC.com. Dana White and Nogueira have publicly stated that he was on the downside of a Staff Infection. That was actully the first time i heard about the knee, sounds to me like he's making more and more excuses for his loss.

Doak450r
06-26-2009, 01:37 AM
The only site i go to is UFC.com. Dana White and Nogueira have publicly stated that he was on the downside of a Staff Infection. That was actully the first time i heard about the knee, sounds to me like he's making more and more excuses for his loss.

no i heard he had a staff infection too at first then i kept seeing on a lot of sites that he screwed his knee up. the guy is a legend and has been in so many battles its just taking its toll on him now. i think his fight with couture should be pretty good though.

reptikes
06-27-2009, 07:21 AM
no i heard he had a staff infection too at first then i kept seeing on a lot of sites that he screwed his knee up. the guy is a legend and has been in so many battles its just taking its toll on him now. i think his fight with couture should be pretty good though.

I just don't see Couture being able to bring anything to a healthy Nog that he hasn't been threw before. Although Nogs time might be done... well find out soon enough.

infantry317
06-27-2009, 11:06 AM
The fact that lanky Brandon Vera punched Mir's *** out screams that Lesnar will destroy him unless he pulls a stupid move and gets submitted. Lesnar is still learning, only 4 fights so far.

I do like Mir though, I just think if Lesnar keeps working and educating himself, you won't see anyone take him down for a few years. That is the fastest 280+lb (fight weight) monster that we may see for a while.

mxduner
06-27-2009, 03:16 PM
sorry for my ignorance, when are they fighting? i've been outta the loop...

Doak450r
06-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by infantry317
The fact that lanky Brandon Vera punched Mir's *** out screams that Lesnar will destroy him unless he pulls a stupid move and gets submitted. Lesnar is still learning, only 4 fights so far.

I do like Mir though, I just think if Lesnar keeps working and educating himself, you won't see anyone take him down for a few years. That is the fastest 280+lb (fight weight) monster that we may see for a while.

i think in a couple more fights cain velesquez will give lesnar a lot of trouble, shane carwin isn't as big as lesnar but is still 260 and just as athletic, fedor, barnett, overeem, are a few fighters outside the ufc i see beating him, but i still think lesnar is getting better with every fight. I'm still going with mir over lesnar though

quad2xtreme
06-27-2009, 06:33 PM
no prediction from me. Too close to call. I could see any outcome happening:

Brock could KO Mir
Mir could KO Brock
Mir could submit Brock
Brock could ground and pound Mir.

What I would bet on is that Brock will not submit Mir. Any takers?

infantry317
06-27-2009, 07:16 PM
i think in a couple more fights cain velesquez will give lesnar a lot of trouble, shane carwin isn't as big as lesnar but is still 260 and just as athletic, fedor, barnett, overeem, are a few fighters outside the ufc i see beating him, but i still think lesnar is getting better with every fight. I'm still going with mir over lesnar though

Cain Velesquez was impressive in UFC99!

TWISTED
06-28-2009, 05:55 AM
I want Lesnar to win so Carwin can DESTROY him.............

reptikes
06-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
I want Lesnar to win so Carwin can DESTROY him.............

Gonzaga rocked Carwin (had him in a bad position) what do think Lesnar will do to him?

Cain (still young to the big show) has the best chance of doing anything with Lesnar.

Overeem is OVERRATED ! Steroids go a longggggggggggggg way. Dana White has already said that if Barnett wins against Fedor (and gives a clean piss test per steroids of course) he'll sign him. Getting Barnett back would be awesome.

quad2xtreme
06-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Gonzaga rocked Carwin (had him in a bad position) what do think Lesnar will do to him?

No denying that Carwin has the power to knock anyone out but I was surprised how easy Gonzaga got him down. If Carwin doesn't knock Lesnar out in the first 20 seconds, I think Brock will GnP him to a TKO in the 1st round.

timmy400exfast
06-28-2009, 10:05 AM
im gonna have to go with lesnar even though he is turning the sport in to wwe :mad:

reptikes
06-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by timmy400exfast
im gonna have to go with lesnar even though he is turning the sport in to wwe :mad:

?:confused:

Wheelie
06-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Could go either way, my prediction is that it won't go past second round.

Either Mir by Sub in the second round, or Brock by TKO.

Carwin vs Lesnar would be an impressive fight. Two giants going toe to toe would be killer. With Carwins INSANE KO power, I think he's a valid threat to the HW division. If he so much as touches someone, they're out.

TWISTED
06-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm sticking with Carwin...... He's a MONSTER!!!!! Lesnar's chin hasn't been tested.... I think Carwin has it covered.....