PDA

View Full Version : ltr cams

Porkchop
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I was just curious is it worth the money to get exhaust and intake cams stage 1? is there anything better than the cherry bomb? i wanna do something new to my quad just kinda need some suggestions. thanks

atveric132
06-24-2009, 09:41 AM
no in the ltr you dont need a exhaust cam. the best bang for your buck is getting the atp intake cam and have the head ported.

KingpinsEx
06-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by atveric132
no in the ltr you dont need a exhaust cam. the best bang for your buck is getting the atp intake cam and have the head ported.

Actually I have seen that the Hotcam intake cam is the best bang for your buck and that is the only cam I have heard of that you don't want the set. Also don't forget if you do anything major like that you are gonna need a fuel controller, not a cherry bomb. The cherry bomb and an exhaust, lid off, is the best setup without getting into the internals. However, if you modifiy say the cam,piston, head, you are going to need a fuel controller like the power commander 3 which sets you back an additional 300 roughly. Plus then you gotta worry about finding a correct fuel map for it...