PDA

View Full Version : turn around my front sprocket

justen08
06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
My irs chain keeps slipping off and you can tell the chain isnt lined up.So i fliped my front sprocket around with the lip out and its lined up.My question is will it hurt anything or will it be ok?THANKS

Justen

scuzz
06-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Justen,

Get a new sprocket. If you break your chain as a result you might be buying a new case. Check out rocky mountain atv...I just bought mine for $28 shipped.

justen08
06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Yea i was thinking bout that scuzz thanks. Does all the sprockets have a lip on them? I cant figure out when you look down the chain my chain is bowed and looks like something is out of line.Btw how was your trip to wiggins?

justen08
06-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Well i found out what the problem was, but dont know how to fix it. My front sprocket sticks out 1/2" more in the front and its making my chain pop off. When i put the spacer and turn the lip on the outside it lines up pretty well but i cant run it like that cause its sitting right on my case. I dont wont to shim out my back sprocket that much cause it would put to much stress on the bolts. I dont know what i could do to fix it.

Justen

justen08
06-27-2009, 08:13 AM
If anybody could help me with pics of there rear end and sprockets would be nice thx.

Justen

coalrat
06-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Did you have your back one off?, is this when the allighment problem started?

You can find pics of your IRS here

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

justen08
06-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Well my buddy at work bought the bike he said ever since it was new it would pop off only when you submerge it in water which is strange. So he sold it and couldnt find a buyer for a year then he said hes gonna take it to the auction and i told him i would give him 500 cash.He told me everything bout it so i bought it.He geared it down 13t front and 40t in back.It rides good on sand and mud but when you try to cross the creek and get rpms up it slings off. Made sure my sprocks wasnt bent which they wasnt so i started to play with front sprocket and in order for it to line up you have to put the spacer and the lip on the sprocket on the outside of the bike.It has a terrible bow in it too. Im gonna take a pic of it later and put it on here.Plus its eating the heck out of my rear sprocket which im gonna go back to the 38t.

holeshotoutlaw5
06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
my buddy has 2009 outlaw found out frame was built wrong dealer replaced frame after chain came off

justen08
06-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Thats what im woundering if the frame is wrong. If it is ill have to pay out my pocket for it which sucks.

fasterblaster02
06-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I talked to a guy today that said that his adjuster brackets on the back twisted when they got under load and made the rear housing cocked in the frame, causing the chain to come off. My 09 has some of that happening, and the chain did come off once. Buying new brackets my fix it for a while. I did flip my front sprocket so the lip is facing out, though.

justen08
06-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Is there any way to see if frame or brackets are bent?

holeshotoutlaw5
06-29-2009, 09:13 PM
hey justen08. that brand new outlaw i was telling you about owner took back to dealer because frame was welded wrong from factory was a 525 ktm motor too!

justen08
06-30-2009, 07:57 AM
thats what im beginning to think the deal is thx holeshot

wannaride4
07-03-2009, 03:15 AM
This is just an idea, I dont know if it is even possible. But can the rear end be put together wrong. I was looking at mine after I read this and noticed that the sproket side sticks out about a half inch farther then the disk brake side does. So if these could be put together wrong then maybe this is why your front sproket is out a half inch farther then your rear sproket. Like I said I dont know if it is even possible, but maybe something to lookat.