PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

atvnut22
06-23-2009, 05:55 PM
herres the deal, when i was 13, my mom and brother suprised me and bought a non running 97 eclipse, wit all kinds of accesories(full body kit, full exhaust from header back, cd player, all new speakers in the doors, rims, stock rims, set up for subs, perfect interior, coilovers, strut bars, prolly a few other things i cant think of.) and a guy my mom knew said that he would help me with it. so, the first day we have it, he takes the valve covers off, says, welp, its not a dropped valve, i dont know what it is, and gave up. so, fast forward 2 1/2 years, one of my brothers friends from florida, that goes to college in ky, helped me pull the engine, and tear it apart, turns out it was a broke and bent connecting rod. so, i bought a new rod, gaskets, blah blah blah. well, oberly(the guy helping me) had a job arranged in florida for the summer, and since we got a late start, could not stay to help me put it back together. i am not good enough, and dont trust myself enough to put it back together,and have noone to help me. the cars value on the insurance slip or whatever says $2000, and thats without the assecories. they payed 1500 for the car, and ive bought about 250-300 in parts. i really want a truck instead of a car now-a-days. so, i have been thinking of puttin it on ebay, saying, i have everything to put it back together, just not the time and skills to reassmble it. iwould like to get 1800 out of it, that way i can break even, and any more would be well accepted. i was just wondering if you were in my situation, would you put it on ebay, let it set and hope somebody comes along that can fix it, or what you would do.

gcart2
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
buy a scooter to get you around until you fix the car. wait till its running t sell it.

416exfreak
06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I would buy a $30 Haynes or Chilton's manual and get it running again, then sell it for 3000 obo.:ermm:

atvnut22
06-23-2009, 06:10 PM
ya, i know that would be the best thing to do, but i donot have the tools or the know how to do this, idont trust myself enough to put it together, mainly because i was not their half the time it was being taken apart due to the fact i was at school, and oberley was workin on it in hopes to get it done.

LTRracer4
06-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Yep buy the manuel, sell it running for twice as much, and be happy with 1. turning the car and 2. accomplishing a big repair like that. Experience is forever, or untill serious head trauma

atvnut22
06-23-2009, 06:21 PM
does anyone wanna volunteer to help me put it back together?!?!lol. im thinking either, wait for somebody with knowhow to comealong, or sell for 1800 and break even, like i never had the car, but still have 1800 that i didnt have at the time to put toward a truck

06-23-2009, 06:27 PM
DSM's always failing lol if you dont think you can put it back together then dont. let someone that knows what to do put it back together

atvnut22
06-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
DSM's always failing lol if you dont think you can put it back together then dont let someone that knows what to do put it back together

so what are you saying, if i cant put it together, dont let anybody put it together? plus what is dsm

06-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by atvnut22
so what are you saying, if i cant put it together, dont let anybody put it together? plus what is dsm

yeah fixed it, just needed a period