PDA

View Full Version : problem starting

apachepride
06-23-2009, 05:30 PM
ok im having problem getting my quad to start its like theirs a lack of fuel but i can play with the choke and get it to fire then take it off and it still wont fire right off i got to play with it like swating the throttle then put the choke back on then take it off then it will fire it runs a little high ive sprayed the whole motor with carb cleaner and no leakes once i get it to start let it warm up i shut it off and try and start it it wont start right back up sometimes it will ive got good spark ive got a 38 170 dj main hmf slip on airbox removed sparks key ive cleaned the carb and still nothing its like its starving for gas nomatter what it wont give to much gas so the plug doesnt seem to fowl or get too much like when you take it out when a bike nomaly floods you can take it out and fling fuel off you cant do that with mine im stuck hope this isnt to confusing thnks

apachepride
06-23-2009, 06:33 PM
found one problem spark plug boot is bad replacing it then go from their hope thats all it is

Youngblood
06-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey bro, I had the same kind of issue with my 05, Turned out it was a gummed up pilot circuit, I pulled the carb, took out the main and pilot jets and cleaned them and then cleaned the entire carb and she was ok after that. If your new plug wire doesnt solve it maybe give that a shot. Also have you changed anything recently?

Joe

apachepride
06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
i got it it was a bad spark plug boot damn the thing looked almost new oh well thanks for your help anyway goes to show what we all over look lmao lesson learned

Youngblood
06-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Good to hear it was something simple! Unfortunatly it's usually never that easy (for me at least!). Take it easy bro

Joe

apachepride
06-24-2009, 04:24 PM
oh and the valves needed adjusted while im at it im gonna through in a plug and i think im gonna get a new battery this is an 04 with the stock battery thanks bro
darren:D

apachepride
07-02-2009, 10:33 PM
it was all three but i can only get her to start up and run right with the choke half on if i give her to much choke i start it and shell run but if i shut it off it wont fire back up unless the choke is half on
:confused: