PDA

View Full Version : found the problem

killer400ex
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
well after having my motor freak me out by shutting of instantly and not being able to start again after warming up i tore it down, i feel like the worlds biggest idiot, i pulled off the left case which exposes the flywheel and saw no problems there, so i checked my valve clearances and they were fine too, so i pulled off the valve cover and the head and cylinder and still no problems, and the motor still would barely turn over, i could barely do it by hand, so i finally pulled off the right side case and tada the nut on the end of the crank shaft or the main shaft as honda calls it had come loose and presses itself betwene the right side case and the shaft, i must say that i am verry fortunate that the nut didnt crack the case considering that the motor was revving, but that was my day, now she runs beautifull again

Snipe
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah man that would totally suck I have ran bikes and have something happen causing total engine failure. you were lucky man.

honda400ex2003
06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I would say you are very lucky if that was me i would be buying a whole new motor. lol, steve

bigbad400
06-25-2009, 06:51 AM
so what did they do when they re worked your stock shocks? far as i knew you cant do anything to them, who did it?

killer400ex
06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
well lucky for me i go to bocies which is like a trade school and i take out door power equipment, so basically i work on motorcycles quads snow mobiles ect. well my teacher used to work out of a honda dealership as a technician and he still knows people down there very well, so i asked him about them replacing my seals and what not and he said he would see what they could do, well they took them for me and replaced the seals and re-valved them, there no elkas but for only 100 ill take them over what they were any day

uchi
06-28-2009, 04:55 AM
yeah man very lucky. with my luck it would have come out the case and smashed me in the leg, lol