PDA

View Full Version : Slip on exhaust question!

mcb92
06-23-2009, 06:44 AM
I am deciding on the HMF standard turn down tip or the HMF with the (what I believe is the) quiet core tip (the tip that comes straight out).

Can anyone tell me the differences (sound/performance/etc..)?

How do these compare to other slip ons?

Thanks for your help!!

Scro
06-23-2009, 06:48 AM
The standard will be louder than the quiet core, and might offer a little more power. But probably not enough difference for you to notice. HMF is one of the top exhaust companies.

mcb92
06-23-2009, 08:10 AM
How does the LRD slip on compare?

wckedclownz69
06-23-2009, 08:16 AM
i have a hmf exhaust just regular.ive hade it for 2 years now and still havn't had to repack it yet. and if your ripping around the yard just messing with no helmet it hurts your ears.. with a jet kit air filter and that exhaust gives you a good power gain for stock quad... now im putting a piston and cam lets see how much better

for lrd i do not know never ownd one neither have my buddies...rossier is another excellent exhaust..

Scro
06-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by mcb92
How does the LRD slip on compare?

I've never had an LRD slip-on, but I do have a friend that has the full system. He's never had anything bad to say about it. As far as slip-on's go, they are all about the same. They may have a slightly different sound between them, but as long as you jet your carb correctly, they will all give you close to the same power output.

maticus
06-27-2009, 07:38 AM
ive owned a led slip-on with quiet core and it sounded super smooth not loud at all. had preety good mid range not much bottom. the hmf straight tip is not the quiet core just a different style and should'nt really sound any different.