PDA

View Full Version : things to do

atvnut22
06-22-2009, 11:52 PM
well,im gettin bored with the way my bike looks and was wondering what a few cheap ideas yall had to make it look better, or any other ideas yall have. since this picture, ive put houser +2's on it, remounted my tires on the stock rims, instead of offset rims, took my lights of to mount them behind the screen in my hood. also a few things i plan on doing, is getting some of the polyethaline, or polyurathaine that is used on the nose of boats, that my buddy can get me for free, to make a skid plate, and a rear number plate. also i got 2 red rings for my hipers, and i am in the process of buying a 02 crf cam from a member on here, and am fixin to groove some extra turf tamers i have layin around. do any ideas you have just feel free to tell em. thank ya :)

atvnut22
06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
here is a pic from when i was mountin my aarms. by the way, incase u didnt know, riding at 53 inches sucks, haha.

whitebros400
06-23-2009, 08:07 AM
how about some graphics

wckedclownz69
06-23-2009, 08:19 AM
im with him some graphics custom or regular and if you wanna get fancy trim the front plastics...some people think it's ugly but, I got bored and was sick of buying new front fenders so i trimmed mine lol...doesn't look to bad either..or some powdercoating..

hendershot106
06-23-2009, 08:38 AM
trim the extra length of the nets on the nerf bars... tear it down and check over the frame and do some powdercoat work....

powdercoat the nerfs black to match your bumper and grab bar..

put some graphics on that thing!!!

and you should try hoosier tires instead of turf tamers!!

hendershot106
06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
and i would look into shock mods also!!!!...

if your on a budget go with gt thunder revalve shocks... if not look into fox shox...

and when adding the cam... u could change the piston and up compression to 13.5:1 or higher and add a higher flower aftermarket filter... like a sparks or uni... uni 's are cheap and work well.. make sure lid is removed... and just ask again if you have any jetting problems..

atvnut22
06-23-2009, 01:50 PM
yea, i had graphics, but they fell of, istill have the parts where my boots are so it wont mess up the plastics. i been thinking of shaving the plastics, not all the way off, just some off the back of the fenders. im waiting on powder coating anything, because i do not like that bumper or grab bar, the were on the bike when i got it. i do want to do my clutch cover and valve cover though. dont have the money for shocks at the moment, but when i do my options will be used axis or revalvesalready have a white bros pipe with uni filter and open lid. i dont want to have to spend a fortune on a rebuild, unless i can find a decent priced piston that ups compression without have to run race gas, any suggestions?

Scro
06-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Any piston 12:1 and under can be run with pump gas (93). Anything higher I would run race gas, personally. The stock 04/05 piston is 10.8:1, I believe.

atvnut22
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
what compression do u suggest for me, i ride tracks, woods, open land, just playin around. if i do race, it will be local fair races or indoor series. also, what brand do you suggest, i still want to run 93 octane, and where would you buy it

wckedclownz69
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
im getting the cp 12:5:1 piston heard very good things about them and throwing in a hotcam stage 2... you can run 93 on this

atvnut22
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
well, i got some good news, some ok news, and some good news not pertaining to this, haha. k, the good news, i talked to mom, and told her that for my 16th birthday, i would like her to buy my cam, dad to buy my piston, and mamaw to pay labor, since ive payed for everything else ive put on it, and half of the fourwheeler itself. she agreed that it sounded like a good idea. the ok news, she talked to me about if thats what i really wanted, because she thought once i started driving, my interests would go elsewhere, instead of having a faster fourwheeler, and i assured her that being on a fourwheeler since i was 5, you dont just forget about them, your involved with them forever, lol. and the good news not pertaining to this, i told her this was my idea since i new a truck was out of the question since it was supposed to be a grad present, but she said, its not out of the question, if you find one that you like, it may be possible. so, either way im sure ill be happy, i just have to figure out which one will be the best. cause if i dont get a truck, im gonna drive my brothers prelude, that he had before he got his senior present, a 02 s2000. plus i need a to get phone thats worth anything to.

pro-rider46
06-23-2009, 11:12 PM
this really isnt a super mod, but if you can find a spray paint that matches the frame pretty good, and just lightly hit all the ruff spots. get some steel wool or a sos pad, and scrub the radiator, engine, exhuast, swing arm, pretty much anything not painted. and these little things that seem small will make your bike look like its new. if there is any scuffed marks on the plastics, or any discoloration take a heat gun, or a blow torch if your confident, and heat up the scuffed and discolored areas and it will fix it up a bit, just dont get it too hot of it will make the plastic porous, and discolored, and more heat wont fix that problem.

atvnut22
06-24-2009, 12:53 AM
just wondering, will the heat gun turn it red again, instead of the kinda lighter almost pinkish color. and by heat gun, do you mean a hair dryer, or a a heat gun used for shrinking shrinkwrap and such?

pro-rider46
06-24-2009, 12:59 AM
well, a heat gun is like a super hair dryer, gets much hotter. i dont know how much of a effect it will do to try to make your plastics red again, but i guess you can try it out on a unseen section, and see if it works good. i know it takes white marks out of blue plastics.

atvnut22
06-24-2009, 01:16 AM
i gues this gives me an excuse to shave my plastics, so that i have something to try it one, lol

pro-rider46
06-24-2009, 01:26 AM
also, if you shave your plastics, you can heat the edges so they are not so ruff.

dirtrider77
06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
also buy you a dremel and some sandpaper, and dremel polishing wheels, and polishing compound, and then you can start polishing everything, but make sure you have alot of time to spare!!

atvnut22
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
already done, i polish alot, just dont maintain it very well, at one point, nerfs, bar clamps, levers, bumper, grabbar all was polished, really i just need to go over them with some mothers, sometime, im goin to powder coat the front rims black, idk if i should to gloss, or more dull to match the hipers

allstock
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
spray bomb the nerfs to match the bumper and grab
bar