PDA

View Full Version : kfx400 cant remove rear brake rotor hub

duckslayer424
06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
bent my axle and got a new one now the the thing is i would like to know if the hub for the brake rotor is removable off the stock axle? any input ive tried pb blaster on the splines and heat and still nothing? HELP!

takechances9
06-29-2009, 11:48 PM
i had the same problem with mine, it does come off! what i did was got a big hammer and i stuck the axle in a vice with the rotor hub against the top of it i didnt tight the axle in the vice just used it as somethin to hold the hub while i hit out the axle. I heated the hub with a torch but you gotta be careful not to mess up the hub. It took alot of patience and musle but i got it off. another way is to use a press to press it off cause thats how its put on but you need a press and not everyone has one of them, that would be the easy way. Hope this helps a little i no its a pain in the butt

Colby@C&DRacing
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Yes it will come off it is just seized:confused: . If possible use a press to remove it constant pressure will work better than a hammer but some time a hammer is your only choice. Try using a piece of hard wood between what you are hitting and the hammer to keep the hammer from damaging anything.