PDA

View Full Version : new to e-ton please help

jherbie28
06-22-2009, 07:21 PM
i have a 05 viper 40e-rxl the electric version

i just replaced the clutch shoes in it and now it wont start(no spark, no power to coil and no power out of cdi) i have spent hours with a test light going over this thing. it has to be electrical, it ran fine before i took it apart and now nothing wont even try to start. all connections are good and tight. the cdi has a high pitch noise comming from it so that leads me to believe its working. and last i have the manuel and wire diagram it has a brown wire going into the receiver on the bike but not on the diagram and im possative its the right book. thanks in advance for the help

raptorobbie
06-23-2009, 07:55 AM
when you took off the metal clutch cover, one of the case screws may have held a groud wire - make sure that's still attached and we'll go from there.

jherbie28
06-23-2009, 06:47 PM
when you mean clutch cover(metal) on the right side if your sitting on it? there is a ground wire bolted but its nothing i took apart, i took the trans off the side to get to the clutch shoes(4 bolts on the front, 2 real long and 2 short)

thanks

Mac-Daddy-Racin
06-24-2009, 05:00 AM
I bought a CD for $4.50 off the net. I can try and email you a copy of the schematic if you'd like. I sent you a PM from my home addy.

Mine was the ignition coil that had failed. $35 off of ebay.

Did you verify that the safety pull was installed? Do you have a multi meter to make resistance measurements? let me know.

jherbie28
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Mac-Daddy-Racin
I bought a CD for $4.50 off the net. I can try and email you a copy of the schematic if you'd like. I sent you a PM from my home addy.

Mine was the ignition coil that had failed. $35 off of ebay.

Did you verify that the safety pull was installed? Do you have a multi meter to make resistance measurements? let me know.

i havent gotten the pm yet, the safety pull (kill switch) is installed and works. i havent tested with a ohm meter or multi meter yet.

thanks for the help, is the ignition coil just under e-ton on e-bay?

Mac-Daddy-Racin
06-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Correct on the ebay search. Also check the kill switch on the bars. They will corrode and not make contact. Grn/yell wires are reverse function of the blu/red wires.