PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware

2fms
06-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Just want to give everyone a heads up on this company. I bought a CEET sticker kit off Ebay from Hillsboro Motorsports. I got a good deal at $35.00
and really liked the way it looked. Well I put the kit on like the directions told me too. 2 days later all the stickers have lifted and one fell off. So I called
Ceet and got the run around for 5 days before speaking to the owner. I told him about what was going on with the kit and he told me that because I didn’t buy from them he was not going to do anything pretty much tuff crap for me. He also informed me that any kit that’s not sold buy them is old and would not stick. Heck of a way to run a company. I didn’t ask for my money back because I just wanted a kit that would stick. I would just say to everyone beware of there kits. For sure don’t buy anything that’s not from them. ( I am sure all the dealers selling there stuff will love that )

http://www.ceetracing.com/

06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
should have boughten a Honda lol

Adrian
06-23-2009, 07:39 AM
How is it Ceet's problem. You should have complained to the Hillsboro Motorsports people about it.

nakomis0
06-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm curious what the directions said. Did they say clean the plastics with rubbing alcohol atleast twice?

2fms
06-23-2009, 03:17 PM
I did call Hillsboro they told me I could have a refund. I didnt want a refund I wanted a sticker kit that would stick.

So you think the company that's makes a product shouldn't have to stand by it?

I did clean the plastic very well.

Snipe
06-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I agree with both sides first off it would be the retailers problem they offered a refund I would had taken it and ran.

On the other hand any company that sells there old worn out products knowing there gonna fail is a worthless company in the first place if there that ****ty they should had thrown them in the trash, cause selling them to a company for less to sell to a customer and that is the same as them ripping someone off directly since they knew it was junk.

Though they also dont have control over what the retailer is doing so in a way they dont have reliabilty but they are just screwing ppl out of there money from an outside source.

F-16Guy
06-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Carefully peel them off, apply some contact cement, and re-apply. Sounds like some old stock, so you'll probably have the same problem with a replacement set.

JOHNNYRENO
06-24-2009, 11:17 AM
just take the refund and stop snivelling dont be a waterhead :) :) :)

Adrian
06-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 2fms
I did call Hillsboro they told me I could have a refund. I didnt want a refund I wanted a sticker kit that would stick.

So you think the company that's makes a product shouldn't have to stand by it?

I did clean the plastic very well.

So take the refund and put that money towards a "non-cheap" set.

Its not Ceet's fault someone is selling old stock still. Just like its not Hostess's fault for 7-11 selling stale Twinkies.

2fms
06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
JOHNNYRENO: How am I being a waterhead by letting others know about the kits so they dont have to go threw the same trouble I did.

And it is Hostess problem if 7-11 is selling out dated twinkies.

Plus I would think that if Hostess found out that there are many 7-11's selling a outdated product they would at least put a statement on there web site to alert people.

I don't care how ceet runs there company or who sells there products I just want people to know they don't stick...I have seen many other people do the same things on this Forum with sellers or products they have had trouble with.