PDA

View Full Version : comfortable shoes

XCRacer236
06-22-2009, 01:55 PM
i've always had problems with my feet hurting. if im just standing in the same spot talking to someone my feet hurt within a few minutes. and if im at a race or something walking around for an hour at a time my feet are killing me. it doesn't matter whether the shoes are new or old and broke in, they hurt.

im just wondering if anyone else has similar problems, and what you did that might have helped, or any other suggestions. also, what kind of regular shoes you guys suggest. thanks.

suck my pipe
06-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Jordans they are costly for a reason, they are vary good shoes in quality and comfort.

XCRacer236
06-22-2009, 02:04 PM
LOL! NO! i swore i would never buy Jordan's, and one day i bit the bullet and did, and will NEVER buy another pair. most uncomfortable shoes i have ever had. and fell apart and looked like crap within 2 months, and i BARELY wore them.

not tryin to sound like a d***, i just hate them.

rollie
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Timberland work boots :cool:

kyledvor61
06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I'v had good luck with DVS

03pete
06-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Puma and Nike Shox are the best. I have a few pairs of both and a few pairs of DC's. The DC's are not nearly as comfortable as the Pumas or Shox

XCRacer236
06-22-2009, 02:24 PM
lol at Timberland work boots.

i currently have DVS, and they weren't too bad.

never tried Puma or DC. i've had a 3 or 4 pair of Shox and they have all hurt my feet.

ridered11
06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
When I want comfortable shoes, I slip on my crocks.

Don't hate unless you've actually owned a pair.

XCRacer236
06-22-2009, 02:39 PM
i've never heard one bad thing about Crocs. definitely not hatin, they're doin something right. i just dont like open shoes like that.

ZeroLogic
06-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Boots.:o

ridered11
06-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Check out their new stuff, they make a lot more than you think now.

http://shop.crocs.com/c-4-footwear.aspx?navcategories=2,4

Scro
06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
I've got a pair of Saucony that I where to the gym. They are pretty comfortable if you have a skinny foot.

But, by far the most comfortable shoe I've owned is the New Balance 992, or 991 even. The 992 is the newest one. They are expensive ($100+), but they are well worth it. They've got different widths to match your foot as well.

Kickstarts-suck
06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
My Nike shox that I wear to work are very comfortable but they are falling apart bad.

$120 shoes and they only lasted like 6 months. :ermm:

Scro
06-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
My Nike shox that I wear to work are very comfortable but they are falling apart bad.

$120 shoes and they only lasted like 6 months. :ermm:

I had a pair of those also. Worst money I've ever spent on shoes. My feet hurt within a couple hours of walking in them, and the "shox" were always falling off.

BEAVER.989
06-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I like my Keen's.

XCRacer236
06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Boots.:o

could use a pair of those too. brand?

ill check out New Balance and Puma. thanks so far.

keep them coming!

<DRS>GPF
06-22-2009, 03:54 PM
id look into arch support inserts and a stiffer sole shoe..

soft soles that bend to the contour of the ground will make your feet do additional unnecessary work.

ZeroLogic
06-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
could use a pair of those too. brand?

ill check out New Balance and Puma. thanks so far.

keep them coming!

Any non steel toe will work. I been buying the ones at Walmart for years and they never hurt my feet. I wear them everywhere everyday.

OutlawBill
06-22-2009, 04:11 PM
27 years of pain gone over night looks funny but I will not wear any thing else

http://www.zcoil.com/

Pipeless416
06-22-2009, 04:20 PM
lol at Timberland work boots.

i currently have DVS, and they weren't too bad.

never tried Puma or DC. i've had a 3 or 4 pair of Shox and they have all hurt my feet.

i could wear my timberland pro series 24/7. he wasn't joking. anyway, i like my pumas, and i also have a pair of nike vapor running shoes.. feels like walking on a very thin water bed. :)

XCRacer236
06-22-2009, 06:12 PM
thanks guys! im goin to the mall Thursday prolly so ill see what i can find.

416exfreak
06-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Nike FREE 5.0's.

Thats whats up:devil:

<a href="http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=USLP&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-nikeid/pn-free500809/pbid-INSPI_34096_v9_0_20080825/piid-7106/pid-214964/cid-1">Clickly Clicky</a>

madskrillz2
06-22-2009, 09:10 PM
I have the new Nike Air Max 2009's and they are the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my foot. Literally like walking around on pillows. Only draw back is the price tag.....160 smackers.

http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod639764&pageTitle=Men%27s%20Shoes&N=3000583+3000547&Ns=P_SalePrice|1&categoryId=cat10003

400exrider69
06-22-2009, 09:14 PM
it's not your shoe's it's your back and feet
if you want good boot's i wear smid boots there $100 and last 1.5 year's of hard ware and tear

trust me i had the same problem hunting riding walking riding bikes's my feet bugged the dog ***** out of me

go to the chiropractor and padistres
i know it's spelled wrong but they'll make custom hard insoles for like $150 and they'll make a world of difference

BlaineKaiser450
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
i LOVE nike 6.0s

timmy400exfast
06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
DVS

Ntensweapon
06-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Casedawg...do you have heel pain? You might want to try some inserts with a raised arch. I bought some graphite ones at a foot locker. My doc recommended them while my custom inserts were being made.

And good shoes help also...I like the newbies and asics if i;m standing or walking alot

XCRacer236
06-22-2009, 11:43 PM
yeah i have REALLY BAD heel pain. always have. i have tried inserts, and they helped a little, but its still there. i went to my local meijer today and did that Dr. Scholl's thing like on TV and figured out what ones i needed.

im debating on getting the DR. inserts and putting them in a basically new pair of Nike's i have, or just trying to find a decent pair of comfy shoes to wear. im goin to King's Island in a couple weeks so i need something i can walk in. ill prolly do that and see if i can find a good pair of boots for the races.

im goin to my pediatrist for another thing so ill talk to him about that and see what he says.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I never really realized just how important shoes REALLY are until I now am having feet problems.
I done a little research and found I have two evils.
Collapsed arches and a condition called plantar fasciitis(sp?)
Im on my feet just about 7 days a week most of the day and for the days that Im shooting photos at the track sometimes for 10 hours it REALLY takes a toll on your feet!
Ill be on the search for good shoes myself .
I have found that inserts are a big help,especially heel supports for myself. I about died when I found out how much custom orthodics cost and they only work with one pair of shoes! :eek2:
Its amazing how many things start to hurt when your feet hurt.
Your back,hips ,headaches ect.
Def. worth investing in a good pair of shoes.

suck my pipe
06-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Maybe it was the kind of Jordans you bought, there are cheaper versions and I would guess not every pair feel good. Also someone said shoxs are the best, I have a pair right now, I do like them but they are not comfortable. They are good for running and being agile. All the Jordans I have had are like standing on pillows. They beat skate shoes hands down. This topic is going to be like asking which 450 is the best, to each their own.

XCRacer236
06-23-2009, 12:40 AM
the Jordan's i got were the XX2 high-tops, all suede. HATE them.

boots: what you guys think about these?
http://www.zappos.com/product/115075/color/22049

procircuit406ex
06-23-2009, 11:51 AM
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:99470/sku:00280008/Under%20Armour%20Proto%20Speed%20Trainer%20II%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&cm=TnDdTrainingShoes

bmxican345
06-23-2009, 11:58 AM
nike air maxs

madskrillz2
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
Maybe it was the kind of Jordans you bought, there are cheaper versions and I would guess not every pair feel good. Also someone said shoxs are the best, I have a pair right now, I do like them but they are not comfortable. They are good for running and being agile. All the Jordans I have had are like standing on pillows. They beat skate shoes hands down. This topic is going to be like asking which 450 is the best, to each their own.

Jordans are a good choice too. Just depends on which ones you get. I used to have XIV's and they were more of a performance shoe. I've got some phat low retro's now and they're almost as comfortable as my Air Max

Ntensweapon
06-23-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah i have REALLY BAD heel pain. always have. i have tried inserts, and they helped a little, but its still there. i went to my local meijer today and did that Dr. Scholl's thing like on TV and figured out what ones i needed.

im debating on getting the DR. inserts and putting them in a basically new pair of Nike's i have, or just trying to find a decent pair of comfy shoes to wear. im goin to King's Island in a couple weeks so i need something i can walk in. ill prolly do that and see if i can find a good pair of boots for the races.

im goin to my pediatrist for another thing so ill talk to him about that and see what he says.

Wish i could remember which ones he "prescribed" all i remember is they had a yellow bottom, graphite arch and black top. I put those in and immediately forgot about my heel pain. They were only available at foot locker..about $40.
He cast my feet and made customs for me. Those were $400.. My inxurance paid for every visit but wouldn't pay for the inserts :confused: (john deere health) Honestly the foot locker ones felt better than the customs..but they wear out fast.
I would get some inserts..without a shoe on,take your thumb and push on your arch..you pain should go away. Heel pain comes from what quadjunkies said..same thing. With an insert with arch support, it should give you relief. A new shoe won't do that,

Good luck man. It sucks i know

matt14c
06-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I got shin splints in high school which sucks really bad. Well so now I have to wear comfy shoes or they will start to come back. The ones that I like the most are Adidas Mega bounce or mega ride. My current pair is a little over a year old and still as comfy maybe even a little more comfy than the day I brought home and broke in. Shox are good bud only last a month or so maybe six weeks depending on how much you use them. Next would be some New Ballance. I have some 8511 right now and love them. Adidas isnt cheap either the mega bounce are usually about $120. The NB are about $80 which is alot better. Really nice shoes too.

ryansblaster
06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
i LOVE nike 6.0s

me too I got them last week

06-23-2009, 11:32 PM
I've owned Nike's, Adidas, DC, DVS, etc etc. By far the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn is MBT. Very expensive but they are well worth it. I used to have your same problem. MBT ftw. You can read about them on their website also.

http://www.swissmasaius.com/Default.aspx?lang=en-US

Ralph
06-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Nova
I've owned Nike's, Adidas, DC, DVS, etc etc. By far the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn is MBT. Very expensive but they are well worth it. I used to have your same problem. MBT ftw. You can read about them on their website also.

http://www.swissmasaius.com/Default.aspx?lang=en-US

These are really interesting. How do they look? Does it look odd or does it fly by unnoticed?

XCRacer236
06-24-2009, 12:07 AM
thanks for all the replies guys.

i went to the mall today and looked at some shoes. i found a few pair of NB and Nike Air Max that looked pretty good. some of the Adidas looked really good as well. im prolly gonna get new ones in the fall so those will be the ones i look for.

the DR. inserts that it recommended have a high arch, so im gonna get those and just put them in the Nike's and see how i like those. hopefully those will help at King's Island.

i also tried on some Timberland boots and they felt good so i bought them. we'll see how they feel this weekend at Snowshoe.

buck440
06-24-2009, 09:20 AM
skate or bmx shoes cause they are ment to absorb the hard blows and dr.scholls inserts and you'll swear your floating, that's what i rep;)

QuadJunkies
06-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by buck440
skate or bmx shoes cause they are ment to absorb the hard blows and dr.scholls inserts and you'll swear your floating, that's what i rep;)

I was told skater shoes are horrible on your feet.

XCRacer236
06-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I was told skater shoes are horrible on your feet.

yeah i've always been told that too. i had scholiosis when i was younger and when i found out i was wearing skate shoes and my doc told me to go buy a good pair of shoes. so i never wore skate shoes until last fall when i had bascially grown out of my scholiosis. and people recommended DVS so i decided to try them. they weren't bad, but i imagine Nike, Puma or NB will be a lot better.

Scottt89
06-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Look for a pair of Nike's or Jordan's with a Zoom Air sole. It isn't the kind with the air bubble on the bottom. The Zoom Air is like a pillow for your feet. A lot of the Retro Jordan's don't have them, but the newer styles should. I have a pair of Jordan XVIII that are complete cushion as well as a pair of Jordan Mossified's.

XCRacer236
06-24-2009, 10:39 AM
yeah my Jordan's have that. most overpriced pieces of crap ever.

QuadJunkies
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
yeah i've always been told that too. i had scholiosis when i was younger and when i found out i was wearing skate shoes and my doc told me to go buy a good pair of shoes. so i never wore skate shoes until last fall when i had bascially grown out of my scholiosis. and people recommended DVS so i decided to try them. they weren't bad, but i imagine Nike, Puma or NB will be a lot better.
Yeah and I would imagine that they simply have no support . A podiatrist woud def. be the best person to ask what shoes are good. since I work on my feet alot my shoes wear out fast and while I had a good pair, I dont think that I buy a new pair often enough. They are soooo comfy right now,but lack support since they are broke down.

631kfx400
06-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Adidas mid top super skates
so light and fit on your foot perfectly

OutlawBill
06-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Amazing a baner add for shoes shows up :eek2:

Scottt89
06-24-2009, 11:44 AM
You may also want to think about finding a store that is specifically for Runners. A lot of time they have equipment and the personell that will watch how your run and give you a shoe model specific to the style of your stride. I know you aren't looking for running shoe specifically, but it could also be a good idea to look into.

XCRacer236
06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
Amazing a baner add for shoes shows up :eek2:

what?

scott, yeah i never thought about doin that. there's a New Balance store not too far from me so that might be something to look into. ill keep that in mind within the next couple months too. thanks!

06-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
These are really interesting. How do they look? Does it look odd or does it fly by unnoticed?

They look goofy when you first look at them I know, but I've never had anyone really notice them. I used to ship huge boxes of them through my trailer at UPS so I decided to look up wtf MBT was. A week or two later I went to have lunch with my mom at her work and notice her boss and her son were wearing them. I asked them how they liked them, etc etc. I bought myself a pair about a month ago because of my knee surgery, and I can say I will never buy anything else for casual wear. They are comfortable whether you're just sitting or walking around. A big plus that I wasn't expecting from them is I actually noticed the swelling in my knee had gone down alot after walking for a couple hours compared to my old Adidas and Nike's. The $235 I spent on them was well worth it. That's also coming from someone who only makes $200 a week.

timmy400exfast
06-24-2009, 04:55 PM
the only bad thing about dvs is they dont last to long

SET THE STAGE
06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
just about anything from Nike SB. you won't be let down.

LTRracer4
06-24-2009, 11:34 PM
I like Nikes... the only thing is there is so many different types its hard to get two good ones in a row. I have 2 pairs of shox.. one ive had for over a year and a half, i used them as gym shoes, then i used them for work shoes, i wore them to the river all last year, i mountain bike in them, I still use them as work shoes, and i still wear them just because. there isnt a tear on them, and they are awesome. I bought another pair of shocks, wore them like 15 times and they look horrible. Now i got some 6.0's and they are the most comfertable shoes ive ever worn. I used to wear DVS and adio. Adio's are super heavy. Id buy another pair of DVS again. Good shoes as well. I have carhart pull on work boots that are warm in the winter, and fine in the summer, they are very comfertable. Then i have a few pair of Aldo flip flops that cant be beat.

soonerdude77
06-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Nike dunk sb lo pros FTW

ProspectorJim
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by timmy400exfast
the only bad thing about dvs is they dont last to long

I got a pair of dvs about 5 months ago and they're starting to fall apart. Very comfortable shoes though, if you don't mind running in slow motion when you have them on.

BLU82
06-25-2009, 07:43 PM
NIKE 6.0 FTMFW:D

SET THE STAGE
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by soonerdude77
Nike dunk sb lo pros FTW

this man knows

i just picked these up from Uprise in chicago
http://www.tactics.com/i/p/l/97006.jpg
not lows but whatever. i also just got the quickstrike black and whites a few weeks ago. most comfy ever.

LTR450_#67
06-25-2009, 10:43 PM
I like my ETNES for doing casual stuff and I have a pair of Red Wings for work which I love cuz I'm a CNC Machinist and stand concrete for 10-12 hours a night...just lovely. I have a pair of Nike Shox that use for working out but I don't really care for them if I'm just hanging out.

madskrillz2
06-25-2009, 10:48 PM
These are the Jordans I just bought. Close second to my Air Max

http://www.uptempoair.com/images/products/detail/350571001.1.jpg

http://citysole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/blackphat1.jpg

06-26-2009, 12:20 AM
High end Asics. I went looking for shoes thinking eh maybe $40 or $50 for a pair. Tried them on then why not what the heck i'll try on the $60 pair whats the difference. Wow these are nicer might as well try on the $75 pair. Dang these are great! I wonder what the $100 pair feels like. WOW i'm floating I cant feel the shoes on me! $110 these weigh nothing and are incredibly comfortable, shouldn't skimp on your feet because bad shoes can wreck your knees too. I've ran probally 150 - 200 miles in them they still have plenty of tread they look new and still feel great. I put them on and it makes me feel like a ninja because they are so comfortable and light. In fact at one point I thought I could fly over things I was jumping hedges, fences and mail boxes just to see if I could it was wild haha

XCAdam89
06-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Maybe I'm old school, but I've always had good luck with Adidas...they're light, pretty cheap and go with anything, haha.

I dig em' anyways.

http://goodsamaritan15.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/samba.jpg