PDA

View Full Version : removin swingarm

eastcoastpro20
06-21-2009, 10:29 PM
how do u remove the long bolt behind the motor tht holds the swingarm

motofreak2772
06-21-2009, 10:33 PM
get something to hit it out with and twist it out on the other side. make sure the swingarm is raised slightly too.

06 Honda 450R
06-21-2009, 10:37 PM
take off the foot break lever and loosen up the lock nut on the swingarm bolt...when you do that then put the nut on flush on the bolt and tap it lightly with a hammer...get a socket extension or something that you can tap it out all the way through the swing arm while holding the swingarm... if the bike is older than the bolt might be stuck in there... then you have to hit it back and forth ... or cut it, if you have to do that then dont ask me cause i havnt had to do that, good luck

wckedclownz69
06-22-2009, 03:49 PM
ehh stuck swingarm bolts suck.. make sure you put a piece of wood in front of the bolt with the nut on it then beat the crap out of it... spray some pb in it... if you have to cut it out cut inbetween where the big gap is in the swingarm just dont hit the swingarm.. or you can try heating it but don't heat where the bearrings are... you can either use an extension or take a screw driver or something like that and hit the head of the bolt just not the shaft...oh and to save you trouble from this again put some anti seeze on the new bolt..when they are stuck it is a pain in the *** to get out..made me want to cut the swingarm off a couple times...

eastcoastpro20
06-22-2009, 05:53 PM
thanks guys for the help, i finally got it today usine wd-40 and tappin it through with a screw driver