PDA

View Full Version : Repairing Window Tint

jesseweaver
06-21-2009, 09:52 PM
i got my windows tinted last fall and the upper corner on the drivers side is starting to peel a little... i do have a full warranty on the tint and the place where i got it done will fix it but its about 30 mins away and well i don't really have a drivers license for a little bit. so its kinda hard to get over there.

is it easy to repair a little spot like that? its the upper corner and theres no door up around the window (its a mustang) so i wouldn't have to hold any rubber back or anything. i was thinking if its easy i might as well just do it myself and save a little time.

i can get pics of it sometime too if that helps at all

bluebaron
06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Get a buddy to drive you to the shop and take advantage of the warranty before messing with it yourself and possibly voiding for any future issues.

mxtuner
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Probably have to have it retinted. Theres really no fixing stuff like that on tint.

Exrider434
06-21-2009, 11:08 PM
best bet would be to ave someone drive you out there....

you gotta let us in on the story behind why you dont have your license too haha :p

jesseweaver
06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
alright yea thats what i guess i'll do.

and yea the license... well i just never learned my lesson :( got pulled over twice for burnouts/donuts and got lucky and got warnings. then got pulled over twice in 1 weekend for speeding and pleaded not guilty on both tickets (they were 15 and 20 over both in 35mph zones) and got out of all the fines and all the points (PA runs on a points system, when your a minor, 6 points you get a 90 day suspension. you get 1 point for every 5 mph over) then i got nailed for 31 over (76 in a 45) and yea 6 points, 90 day license suspension. definatley learned my lesson now though

Kickstarts-suck
06-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
alright yea thats what i guess i'll do.

and yea the license... well i just never learned my lesson :( got pulled over twice for burnouts/donuts and got lucky and got warnings. then got pulled over twice in 1 weekend for speeding and pleaded not guilty on both tickets (they were 15 and 20 over both in 35mph zones) and got out of all the fines and all the points (PA runs on a points system, when your a minor, 6 points you get a 90 day suspension. you get 1 point for every 5 mph over) then i got nailed for 31 over (76 in a 45) and yea 6 points, 90 day license suspension. definatley learned my lesson now though

Baddie!