PDA

View Full Version : First ride today need some info

CrewCab
06-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Took the LTR out for the first time today to break in. I noticed several things that maybe some of you could advise me on. First off after warm up the bike would idle ok but died a few times and sometimes died when shifting into gear and also did it while downshifting. (yes the clutch was in all the way) Maybe idle screw adjustment needed? The second thing I noticed is sometimes the motor felt very restricted. It could just be me not used to a FI bike not sure. I still have the air box lid on and the baffle in. I have the CB but was going to wait until after break in to install it and take the lid and baffle out.
The other thing I noticed was how hard the suspension felt, I adjusted the preload and comp but it didnt seem to make much difference. I just couldnt get a softer ride out of it.
I love the bike though, its just gonna take awhile to get used to it after coming off a 400ex.

jkiserracing
06-21-2009, 08:52 PM
well I bought a used one and still have my 450r so I know what you mean. I would definately say just simply idle it up some to fix the first problems (all though im not real sure how to do it on the FI as I have not needed to yet) and I beleive those shocks are just stiff period. Just adjust best you can and put some time on them. I know what you mean by feeling somewhat restricted. Well I changed the pipe on mine added the CB......and that went away real quick. But I think your on the right track. Just ride as is for now to give it some break in time then install the CB remove the baffle and I bet youll see the corked up feeling dissappear.......

atveric132
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
yea i would just turn the idle screw up a little. and with it feeling restricted a simple fix is taking th baffle,air-box lid off and adding a cherry bomb or something to that effect. you being use to a carb helps you feel that way to. as far as the supsension goes you really cant get much outta stock suspension but they will break ina little the more u ride it