PDA

View Full Version : problem with my DS

ml450r
06-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I went to a race today. In practice,1 and half laps in, the engine light started flashing and the rev limiter seemed to be much lower..?..I had the safe mode removed by Simon at walnut national.

I couldn't find anything wrong and I figured no way it got hot that fast. Second practice I went out and everything was fine. First moto about three laps into it, the light was flashing again, didn't notice rev limiter, but very down on power.

About an hour went by before second moto.

I started the bike for second moto and the light stayed on, I went to the water spicket and hosed off the motor. The light went off. About four laps in the light was on again.

Anyhow came home, unloaded the bike, started it to come in the garage, the light just stays on now.......Why?

Any ideas?

florentino
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ml450r
I went to a race today. In practice,1 and half laps in, the engine light started flashing and the rev limiter seemed to be much lower..?..I had the safe mode removed by Simon at walnut national.

I couldn't find anything wrong and I figured no way it got hot that fast. Second practice I went out and everything was fine. First moto about three laps into it, the light was flashing again, didn't notice rev limiter, but very down on power.

About an hour went by before second moto.

I started the bike for second moto and the light stayed on, I went to the water spicket and hosed off the motor. The light went off. About four laps in the light was on again.

Anyhow came home, unloaded the bike, started it to come in the garage, the light just stays on now.......Why?

sounds like you are still on limp mode.. when you dont have you dont get a rev limit... you can burn the motor if you want with out the limp mode start on the basics check if your fan is workin may be a relay, also air in the radiotor put engine ice, its your bike a 2008 or 2009?
Any ideas?

andiboy123
06-21-2009, 09:01 PM
last time the same thing happend to me and it was the radiator fan relay, if im sure i think is the first one looking you ride from the front on your left, the middle one is the main and the rigth one is the fuel pump

lynxmann
06-22-2009, 02:22 AM
If your dealer is not to far away get it hooked up tp BUDS and read what fault codes the bike has.
Im a dealer and the buds system is a very nice tool if you know how to use it.
Good luck with fixing the problem and also with the rest of the racing season.

ml450r
06-22-2009, 04:08 AM
dealer is three hours away, fan is working, engine ice is in radiator.....:confused:

lynxmann
06-22-2009, 05:16 AM
If it is a cooling problem there is also the thermostat that can be defective, a faulty temp.sensor or a water pump not doing the job because of a broken impeller or a defective intermediate gear.

If you have the time i would still take the trip to the dealer just to make sure it is a cooling problem and if not find the actual problem.

lynxmann
06-22-2009, 05:36 AM
I read tru your first post again and it can be the fan relay that is having issues unless you are certain the fan was running when you were having these problems.

TNT
06-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by lynxmann
If it is a cooling problem there is also the thermostat that can be defective, a faulty temp.sensor or a water pump not doing the job because of a broken impeller or a defective intermediate gear.

If you have the time i would still take the trip to the dealer just to make sure it is a cooling problem and if not find the actual problem.

Yep! Thats why I removed our thermostat, all it does is lets fluid flow at some low temp I forgot. Coolant Temp Sensor maybe, look at the weep hole by the pump to see if it leaks fluid a indicator the pump seals are done, or the electrical systems is under or over charging and going into safe mode. People don't understand there are several safe modes, electrical and temp, besides the limp mode they removed.

Strange you could hose it down to turn it off now it stays on all the time???? Merrill you need to get a manual and a ECM tool so you can do voltage and resistance checks of system components like BUDDS at the ECU. The manual does a great job of walking you through them and troubleshooting. By the time you travel 3-hours and pay to hook up to BUDDS you'd have the problem solved for about $175, $100 manual, $75 tool. Good luck!

ScottB125
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
If you've recently drained the coolant, make sure you don't have an air-bubble. Air can get trapped and not let any fluid pass.

We run Water-Wetter in alot of our drag cars. Seems to work good handling all the heat soak turbo motors create.

ml450r
06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I have a maual, I haven't looked into it yet. I will be taking to the dealer, I was just wondering about it. It only has 15.8 hours on it now. I am just frustrated, I can't win on a bike that won't finish.

Anyone interested in a Rossier ds450mx ?Have $13k in it with all the extras, will sell for $7500, with extra a arms, axle, shocks, tires.....:eek2:

lynxmann
07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Im just wondering if you found the problem with your bike.

It is always nice to know if something similar happens with another bike.

ml450r
07-02-2009, 06:43 PM
No I havent touched it, Just been racing the honda and working in spare time....Maybe i said that backwards..:)

LT-R450 131
07-03-2009, 09:09 PM
You should try calling can am and ask about the race ECM thing I'm pretty sure they don't have any of the limp modes

Chino886
07-10-2009, 07:19 AM
I have a maual, I haven't looked into it yet. I will be taking to the dealer, I was just wondering about it. It only has 15.8 hours on it now. I am just frustrated, I can't win on a bike that won't finish.

Anyone interested in a Rossier ds450mx ?Have $13k in it with all the extras, will sell for $7500, with extra a arms, axle, shocks, tires.....:eek2:

I'll trade you for my 06 450ER...:devil:

ml450r
07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
you have any money....:D

Chino886
07-10-2009, 03:02 PM
you have any money....:D

There's a hole in my pocket and it all fell out......:D

ml450r
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
tell me more about your ER

Chino886
08-04-2009, 07:23 AM
:D

craigmacphee
08-04-2009, 12:18 PM
You guys are both from KC. Go check it out. Looks like a sweet bike no doubt!!!

What year DS do you have for sale??

dads400ex
08-04-2009, 06:20 PM
If he takes as good of care of his quad as his brother does you may have to give him some money if you trade:D I got a 450R from his brother and it was mint best used quad I have ever gotten. My plug for the day. :D

ml450r
08-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by dads400ex
If he takes as good of care of his quad as his brother does you may have to give him some money if you trade:D I got a 450R from his brother and it was mint best used quad I have ever gotten. My plug for the day. :D

I don't care if he has never rode the thing, there's no money coming from me.
:D

I know Dan's bikes are nioce, he never rides them..

ml450r
08-04-2009, 06:26 PM
What a arms and swingarm are on that bike?

crixal
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
nice honda. i'd trade my ds for it.

Chino886
08-05-2009, 06:35 AM
What a arms and swingarm are on that bike?

LSR DC-4s and 06 OEM swingarm with Baldwin LT linkage and a PEP rear.