PDA

View Full Version : monster jam quad racing?

Tommy Warren
06-21-2009, 06:28 PM
A year ago I went to monster Jam in syracuse NY. This year I went to Monster spectacular in Ottawa ONT. In both shows they had these weak quad races where they drive in a circle around some little pilons. anyways this is my question.. why is it scripted? both times the guys line up to start the race and one guy bumps into the guy in front of him with his quad and then they both get off their bikea and play fight while the announcer goes crazy and then one guy starts walking away and all of a sudden he falls down then the paramedics come out and put him on a stretcher like he just broke his neck then they take off with this guy on a strecher. next thing you know they guy is walking around in the pit area laughing and jumping around.....they did the exact same thing both times...what does this accomplish? its weak IMO. so monster jam goes from city to city showing people that quad riders don't wanna race they just wanna kick each others heads in??? i dunno

wvspeedfreak
06-21-2009, 07:08 PM
It must be like WWE.......entertainment.

Brad77
06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I have done some quad wars here in the southeast. The way the riders act depends a lot on the promotor of the show. I have done lots shows over the years I have never had to do one of those play fights.
I will say that the shows are purely for entertainment and keeping the crowd pumped up between monster trucks.
The monster trucks are what most of the crowd paid to see and the quads are a side act.
I will say I don't always agree on the way some of the quad wars shows portray quad riders. Such as the show you mentioned.
I feel like the fighting junk should be left for the wwe and the riding be left up to the quad riders. Any confrontation can be handled in a race instead of with fake punches.
I have had the chance to do a few big shows and have ridden in front of 63,000 fans. Its a thrill.

gcart2
06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Brad, did you race tampa in 08?

i have raced in the race, it is very much so scripted.

I was underage but they never asked me for my age.

I believe they just wanted my brother and i to race in it because of our quads. Its kind of cool, people coming up to you and getting your signature. Lol im just a local b class rider.

I was informed on what i could and could not do, like winning was a no no. battling and hitting was a major yes. However we had to watch out for a certain bike (the winner).

I did it in tampa in the year of 07. it was very muddy.

Cool stuff though.

Brad77
06-21-2009, 07:56 PM
All the shows I have done have been in Georgia and Alabama. I was invited to do some Florida events but never did any. LOL, I have done the outdoor shows and we had a mud race once too.

gcart2
06-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Brad77
All the shows I have done have been in Georgia and Alabama. I was invited to do some Florida events but never did any. LOL, I have done the outdoor shows and we had a mud race once too.

oh cool, the show is pretty lame but signing autographs is pretty cool. its really just a time to show off haha.

Tommy Warren
06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I knew the winner was picked...In NY the "winner" spun out on a turn and stalled out falling 2 laps behind and he still won just so they could fight on the podium. its rediculous:rolleyes:

muddy400EX
06-22-2009, 02:55 AM
ya i think its kinda a mockery of quad riders in general. i mean, you got the pros working there arse off to race and taking it very seriously, and these guys just make it look stupid:(

BakerRacing40
06-22-2009, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
Brad, did you race tampa in 08?

i have raced in the race, it is very much so scripted.

I was underage but they never asked me for my age.

I believe they just wanted my brother and i to race in it because of our quads. Its kind of cool, people coming up to you and getting your signature. Lol im just a local b class rider.

I was informed on what i could and could not do, like winning was a no no. battling and hitting was a major yes. However we had to watch out for a certain bike (the winner).

I did it in tampa in the year of 07. it was very muddy.

Cool stuff though.

winner is picked... haha that's when you grab the holeshot and when your lappin him just clown him into the front tire on grave digger.... lol

gcart2
06-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
winner is picked... haha that's when you grab the holeshot and when your lappin him just clown him into the front tire on grave digger.... lol

i never pulled the holeshot but i did accidentally hit him a couple times though. it was sooooo muddy. it had rained all night.

i seen a couple guys pull out there kill switches and act like it was broke as we pulled out of the tunnel because they didnt want to ride.

fastredrider44
06-22-2009, 08:10 AM
I did the quad wars thing this year. Since We didn't have the promoter racing with us, it was pretty fair game to go run your heart out. We always knew who would win, but it was just for fun anyway. It was actually kinda sad how much the crowd got into it. We tried not to let anyone get too far out in front and did a lot of passing to keep thing interesting.

Unfortunately, we had a lot of wrecks. I pretty well totalled my bike in a high speed barrel roll, and the two guys I rode with flipped theres and bent both of their stems and handlebars. But it was fun, and I got to watch monster trucks for free.:D

DEAL
06-22-2009, 08:53 PM
The guys from monster spectacular are sleezy .. very sleezy , pm me if you'd like to know more.