PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Guys, Must Read

hondariderdylan
06-21-2009, 04:49 PM
seems like we might be seeing a few new cars in the nationwide series soon:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9680368/Pony-cars-coming-to-NASCAR

RaptorRacer45
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
That should be cool.....they really need a major difference between the Cup and Nationwide Cars and that should do it.

Tommy Warren
06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
does this mean they will be racing mustangs, challengers, and camaros? that would be sweet!! I'm getting sick of seeing family sedans on the race track!!

Tommy Warren
06-22-2009, 11:53 AM
also there is a 99% chance danika Patrick will be racing nascar next year. *drool*:blah:

8my_Cash
06-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I guess they are trying to remember the definition of STOCK CAR racing. I mean, how can you tell the difference from a toyota to a ford???? OH i forgot.....they have different decal emblems

i mean if GT2 can use the same sheet metal to resemble the manufacturer that they are running why cant nascar?

hondariderdylan
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
i just like the idea of having lots of different cars

thats why i like reading the ALMS standings just to see what all kinds of cars people are running

JForestZ34
06-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
also there is a 99% chance danika Patrick will be racing nascar next year. *drool*:blah:

I heard that Tony Stewart might sign her on with his team...

James

06-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
I heard that Tony Stewart might sign her on with his team...

James

The reason they are bringing her in is to attract more fans for NASCAR they want a wider diversity of drivers for all types. She cant drive, she cant even win an Indy car race.

scuzz
06-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
The reason they are bringing her in is to attract more fans for NASCAR they want a wider diversity of drivers for all types. She cant drive, she cant even win an Indy car race.

I'm no Danica or Indy fanboi, but your post is pure garbage.

Sure, she may have not came in 1st but coming in 3rd in this years Indy 500 isn't too shabby when you consider that there were 35, that's right 35 other male drivers and her top qualifying speed was 222.882 mph.

They don't let you drive a multi-mullion dollar car to bring fans in much less rider diversity. If you race one of those cars it's because people with money think you deserve to be there. By your argument someone with a dick and a NASCAR license has just as much right.

Logic fail. Do some research before you spout misinformation.

Originally posted by Tony Stewart
"I think obviously she's got talent; she's been successful in every form of racing she's been in so far and I don't see why she wouldn't be successful here [in NASCAR]."

AbnMP13
06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Imagine that.....racing real AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS! :D

ben300
06-23-2009, 04:51 PM
i find this funny, considering that they have pretty much had the design of the nationwide COT car for awhile now....its pretty much a hybrid between the first gen cookie cutters that they are using now and the car that they are using for sprint cup....they even had one constructed and had pictures of it on nascar.com last summer or early fall.....and the two that they had pictures of had impala and avenger decals..

ben300
06-23-2009, 04:57 PM
that and the only reason why they are bringing danica up is because her contract is up at the end of the season with andretti green adn she wants to stir the pot to get more money..

..sure she may come to nascar, but there is gonna have to be a top level ride available for her, which at the moment in tiem tehre isnt....hendricks cars will be filled with the current drivers, that leaves brad keselowski out, which wide speculation is that he may take a third car at stewart haas, but then again kasey kahnes contract is up as well and even know he won this weekend, RPM cars dont cut it adn he wants to be a serious contender,....truex jr.'s contract is up and there is speculation where he will go....possibly stewart haas as well..

nascar teams cant have 5 teams...rules..so rousch has to get rid of one car, which it is widely speculated that jamie mcmurray's 26 will become the third car at yates....and then agian, hendrick wotn start another car...and probaly neither will JGR without sollid sponsor ship ( but who knows)...

so..im not sayign she sistn talented, cause she definitally is...shes a top ten compeitior in teh IRL...i jsut dont see her in nascar, especially right now....

AbnMP13
06-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Not many folks could afford another car right now with the Big 3 cutting sponsorship money and the economy sucking.

ben300
06-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by AbnMP13
Not many folks could afford another car right now with the Big 3 cutting sponsorship money and the economy sucking.

ya they are talking about making the switch to crate motors in teh nationwide adn truck series.....its much more economic and would drastically level out teh playing field so that joe gibbs adn the 18 and 20 cars wouldnt be winning everything....i personallly think that it is a great idea and would allow for more teams to come into the mix, cause they could afford more cars cause the engines they are running now are super expensive and crate motors would drastically cut costs

...also, hte only teams looking to expand is stewart haas..and they are lookign at keselowski and kahne.....and thats only cause they are both extremely talented...one has prven he can compete adn the other is possibly part of the future of the sport

redlineranger
06-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Being a huge fan it sounds like a hell of an idea right now. They need anything they can to draw attention because in its current state you could bet money Kyle Busch or Jimmie Johnson will win each weekend and be right 90% of the time.

If they do it hope they think about mixing it up with both series and work on keeping the "sunday" guys racing on "sundays" only. I hate it for some of those guys that have to sit back at the house and eat cheetos watching a Cup driver slam there car into the fence or watch em take it to victory lane when they easily could be doing the same on a Saturday night.

The Nationwide series needs to do what ever they can to mix up what should be called the Kyle Busch series cause as long as him or the 20 of Logano are out there the only other driver that I see contend when I do watch the Nationwide series races is Brad Keselowski.

If they do it, it will be interesting and something I think everyone would like to see just to mix things up and see what happens.

ben300
06-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
Being a huge fan it sounds like a hell of an idea right now. They need anything they can to draw attention because in its current state you could bet money Kyle Busch or Jimmie Johnson will win each weekend and be right 90% of the time.

If they do it hope they think about mixing it up with both series and work on keeping the "sunday" guys racing on "sundays" only. I hate it for some of those guys that have to sit back at the house and eat cheetos watching a Cup driver slam there car into the fence or watch em take it to victory lane when they easily could be doing the same on a Saturday night.

The Nationwide series needs to do what ever they can to mix up what should be called the Kyle Busch series cause as long as him or the 20 of Logano are out there the only other driver that I see contend when I do watch the Nationwide series races is Brad Keselowski.

If they do it, it will be interesting and something I think everyone would like to see just to mix things up and see what happens.

prior to the "sunday guys" racing in the nationwide, the nationwides ratings were horrible, same with trucks prior to shrubs run in it..id of never watched a truck race before he started doing it....so in a way, the nationwide needs the cup regulars not only to draw the attention of fans, but also to better the competition... think of it this way...if you want to get better at racing, wouldnt you watn to race against ppl that are better than you so you can learn and in return get better? well thats what happens to drivers like brad keselowski....yes brad is in excellent equipment, but but he would nt be as good as he is now if he wasnt pushign himself to beat shrub, logano, and edwards...dont forget edwards...he contends every week...

what nascar needs to do is get rid of this chase deal, in order to make fans come back...i know alot of ppl that are turned off because o fthe chase.....its just a dumb principle...they dotn do that in other forms of racing...

RATPACK Z400
06-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Nascar Sucks! I can never understand WHY they (speed channel) or others need to talk about Nascar for half the day before the race on speed channel its retarded ! instead give up 1hour and show MX quads racing or GNNC racing for once but they go from nascar to lawnmower racing or Pinks(not bad show) or offroad racing trophy trucks then back to Nascar what a waste of TV time!

ben300
06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
Nascar Sucks! I can never understand WHY they (speed channel) or others need to talk about Nascar for half the day before the race on speed channel its retarded ! instead give up 1hour and show MX quads racing or GNNC racing for once but they go from nascar to lawnmower racing or Pinks(not bad show) or offroad racing trophy trucks then back to Nascar what a waste of TV time!

well obviously their ratings dont back up you theory, otherwise, they woudlnt put the countless hours of shows on tv....

and if you dont liek somethign...dotn watch it

8my_Cash
06-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Nascar might suck in your opinion but there is such a large fan base why wouldnt you cover it. Its like wathcing espn when the xgames are on and baseball is more important in their eyes. haha