PDA

View Full Version : jet broke off in carb HELP PLEASE!!!!

2001trx400ex
06-21-2009, 12:55 PM
WELL I WAS TRYING TO CHANGE MY JET FROM A 158 DOWN TO A 150 TO MUCH GAS LEFT THE CARB ON TO DO IT TOOK THE JET OUT AND THE WHOLE LONG MAIN JET CAME OUT AND I PUT THE 150 ON THAT TOOK THE 158 OFF AND HAD TO TAKE THE CARB OFF TO GET THE LONG WHOLE JET OVER THE NEEDLE AND I WAS SCREWING IT ON AND THE LITTLE END JET THATS A 150 SNAPPED OFF IN THE CARB WITH THE THREADS LEFT IN THE LONG JET PART HOW CAN I GO ABOUT THIS TO GET JUST THE 150 MAIN JET PIECE OUT OF IT OUT THANKS????

honda400ex2003
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM
holy caps man take a breath, that is one long sentence right there. Sorry about that i am really bored today at work. lol. Anyway, i would y to use an easy out or a reverse drip bit if you can find one that small to get it in the gas hole. make sure you do not get any filings in it though. otherwise, an easy out that is really small. you can use a die grinder and make a groove in it and try to use a flat head screwdriver too. i have had all three ways work on different applications. good luck on getting it out. steve

2001trx400ex
06-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
holy caps man take a breath, that is one long sentence right there. Sorry about that i am really bored today at work. lol. Anyway, i would y to use an easy out or a reverse drip bit if you can find one that small to get it in the gas hole. make sure you do not get any filings in it though. otherwise, an easy out that is really small. you can use a die grinder and make a groove in it and try to use a flat head screwdriver too. i have had all three ways work on different applications. good luck on getting it out. steve

Thanks for the quick reply i have to work a 4 and i wanna fix it before i go so ill try a flat head and a dir grinder and see if that works thanks man!!!

honda400ex2003
06-21-2009, 01:12 PM
no prob man, i have 5 more to go then i am done for the day. Ill hve 22 total for the weekend when i am done tonight. good luck on the jet. steve