PDA

View Full Version : buzzing when trying to start

Sweendogie
06-21-2009, 10:08 AM
i havent had my quad running for awhile now because i havent had a carb... i put my carb back in and my quad and tried to start it and it wouldnt turn over it would just buzz... the battery was dead so we tried to jump it and it would turn over pretty strong but after trying to jump it a couple times it stopped turning over... now it just buzzes.... we checked the starter and the starter is fine what else could it be?

woodsracer882
06-21-2009, 11:14 AM
It's sounds the the solenoid (sp) to me. Try crossing it over and see if that does anything, if it doesn't then thats your problem.

Sweendogie
06-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer882
It's sounds the the solenoid (sp) to me. Try crossing it over and see if that does anything, if it doesn't then thats your problem.
are you talking about jumping it with like a screwdriver? we did that and it would turn the engine over but now it just arcs really bad and doesnt turn the engine over at all

proctorbc2005
06-21-2009, 04:20 PM
If it was turning over by jumping the soilenoid, chances are it is bad.

Check your fuses to make sure you did not blow them by jumping the soileniod.

Your battery could also have a dead cell from sitting for so long.

I would start with replacing the soilenoid first.

Sweendogie
06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by proctorbc2005
If it was turning over by jumping the soilenoid, chances are it is bad.

Check your fuses to make sure you did not blow them by jumping the soileniod.

Your battery could also have a dead cell from sitting for so long.

I would start with replacing the soilenoid first.

it wont even turn over if i roll it and try to pop the clutch... im thinking something might be seized up any other suggestions are greatly appreciated... im ordering a solonoid to see if that does the trick but im stumped on why the engine isnt wanting to turn over now... i can roll the quad backwards and it will move the piston a bit but i can only move it forward to its previous spot... its almost like something is getting stuck at that certain point of the stroke... any ideas? piston? crank? rod?