PDA

View Full Version : Atc Vs. Trx

nickm328
06-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I was just wondering since the ATC and the TRX's head pipe and expansion chambers are different how does that effect each's performance? My ATC's is pretty much like a dirtbike's while the TRX's has the long straight throw and long expansion pipe.

deathman53
06-20-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't notice much difference between the two. I had 2 nearly identical motors in the trx and atc. The trx had a lrd pipe and atc had a pual turner hi-rev and esr atc5. I could tell between the two pipes. The esr pipe was alot like the lrd pipe and the paul turner just ripped above 1/4 throttle. The Esr and Lrd pipe came on on the bottom and was linear to the top, no big noticable hit. The hi-rev had a noticable hit at 1/4 throttle and was just plain brutish with power. For tight tracks, I used the Esr pipe and everything else, I used the hi-rev pipe. I'd imagine a hi-rev trx pipe would be very similar. I had a paul turner type 6 on my trx, it ripped from idle to 3/4 and had almost no top end.

nickm328
06-20-2009, 08:33 PM
O.k. thanks for the response never been on a trx so was just wondering if the two pipes being soo different made the power band hit different, or one had low end and one high, etc.

leager-n-ky
06-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Answer, and DG used to make a pipe for the TRX that looked identical to an ATC pipe. I had an Answer and it was a low end torque pipe.