PDA

View Full Version : white brothers exhaust help

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-20-2009, 10:57 AM
hey i have a white brothers exhaust e2 series it has all the baffles on it and im going to be racing soon and was wondering if i took all the baffles off and the plate on the end stopping the air to go out the baffles ... its confusing but would that be bad for the motor leaving just a open hole like most exhausts i feel like it gives more power

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-20-2009, 11:02 AM
looks like this

extremeblastr
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM
nope go ahead and do it you'll be fine, and it should feel like it has more power without the baffles in there, it does;)

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-20-2009, 11:36 AM
hey thnx for the help i appreciate it any advice or help to give me more power bc ill be racing all these decked out 450r and all i got is a stock 400 + with the baffles off i dont know if it will meet the 98 decibal requirment

extremeblastr
06-20-2009, 12:43 PM
where will you be racing? not to many places out there enforce the db limit on amateurs, and just something for you to chew on, if your gonna get into racing full time i suggest looking for a buyer for the fo hunny and trying to find a 450 of some sort.

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-21-2009, 09:41 AM
im going to be racing in berkshire, ny then in newark valley hair scramble
wnyoa.net and why a 450 im planning on getting a big bore kit put in shortly after a few more pay checks i wana beat the 450's with my 400

extremeblastr
06-21-2009, 10:01 AM
even with the big bore, the 450 will outpower, outhandle, and just all around outclass your 400

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
if i drive like a drunk maniac i usually do pretty good im relying on out smarting them its a amature class even though i never raced before i feel i can still put up a chance i might sell it anyway toward winter buy a 450 or somethin bigger next spring

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-21-2009, 11:06 AM
your raining on my parade man from what i have seen my class has some can am yamaha and a few hondas i dont know what size they are though

extremeblastr
06-21-2009, 11:31 AM
you can get by with it in a beginner class, just don't spend to much money on it if you plan to continue racing year in and year out.

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-21-2009, 12:13 PM
my plan is to race 2 or 3 times this year and see what happens next year maybe ill switch over to flat track with my 400

extremeblastr
06-21-2009, 12:15 PM
it'll be even harder for you to keep up on the flat track because of the motors....even with a big bore.

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-21-2009, 02:44 PM
they have 400ex just like mine that won a few races their short track i mean short flat track but any tips for gaining some quick power like cleaning air filter change plug maybe it smokes a lot burns a lot of oil i think it needs a top end gaskets but not sure if that would help me with power

muddy400EX
06-22-2009, 02:59 AM
im pretty sure they make turn down tips for e-series. id just lose the discs and buy a turn down.

and ya, dont blow to much money on the 400, youll want a 450 before 2 long

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-22-2009, 03:31 PM
well i just rode it around with my new gear and their is fresh oil running off the top of the motor so im gonna get the top end gaskets and piston rings and see if it stops it hopefully i can get it done by saturday and a ? would i have to take the motor out to do this or can i replace this by taking just the top end off with out the frame getting in the way

extremeblastr
06-22-2009, 03:36 PM
not really sure, been a while since i've worked on a 400. i think you can do it if you take the plastics and tank off.

UNBROKEN
06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Wr3sTl3b0y
well i just rode it around with my new gear and their is fresh oil running off the top of the motor so im gonna get the top end gaskets and piston rings and see if it stops it hopefully i can get it done by saturday and a ? would i have to take the motor out to do this or can i replace this by taking just the top end off with out the frame getting in the way

if there is oil leaking at the top of the motor , its prob just in need of a valve cover gasket Not piston rings

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-24-2009, 05:32 PM
nother problem that just stopped me in my tracks got a clutch kit put in looked easy as **** the guy did it for free well now i cant get no clutch what so ever i start it put it in gear stall it i have tryed adjusting it about every damn way i could their is something wrong in the clutch case i dont know what though i bought piston rings and all that **** off ebay that sucks

06-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Wr3sTl3b0y
nother problem that just stopped me in my tracks got a clutch kit put in looked easy as **** the guy did it for free well now i cant get no clutch what so ever i start it put it in gear stall it i have tryed adjusting it about every damn way i could their is something wrong in the clutch case i dont know what though i bought piston rings and all that **** off ebay that sucks

Take the side case off. Bet ya any money if you do that and pull the clutch in the plates will be sticking together. Dont ask me why. Same thing happen to me after putting a clutch in. Pissed me off so I sent it to the shop. They said it was dirt in the clutch. I know it was not durt so it had to be somthing simple. I know I did not use the wrong oil but it was a simple fix that I was charged 2 hours labor for.

06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
im pretty sure they make turn down tips for e-series. id just lose the discs and buy a turn down.

and ya, dont blow to much money on the 400, youll want a 450 before 2 long

They do sell them but turn downs dont make it less loud but on db tests they come up quieter. They also make an adj baffle. That baffle at the end on a normal E pipe well they make an aftermarket one just like it but you can open and close the mittle of it instead of having to remove it. Running with out the baffle I think it was 101 dbs.

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
thnx for all the help but i ****ed up big time tonight i broke one of the five spring bolts off right at the head luckly i was able to drill it out and get it out but still no clutch what did u do to get the plates to not stick i noticed that but i think the ones i took out stuck too

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
also we soaked them in oil i was told its a wet clutch maybe that didnt help me out

Snipe
06-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Either way but its about double the loudness without the plate on it and honestly between either I dont see any power gains without it.

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-28-2009, 04:53 PM
so anyways i had my clutch working decent i raced i was doing crazy good passing people left n right then we got in the woods everyone jammed up it stalled and my clutch was gone i finally got it st arted took off passing people again got kicked around sideways and she died i sat t heir the whole ****ing race i was pisssed

Wr3sTl3b0y
06-29-2009, 08:46 AM
hey how do you tell if the starter is b ad or its the cellinoide im taking them both off shortly i just wanted to know if i could check the starter with somethin

F-16Guy
06-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Clymer is your friend. Seriously.:bandit: