PDA

View Full Version : Burnouts!!!

2002_300_EX
01-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Anyone have pics of people doing burnouts....? Heres two.
**No helmet, no pics. Read rule #6**

2002_300_EX
01-05-2003, 04:50 PM

**No helmet, no pics**

01-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Nice helmet..

I'm thinking about mounting up my old stock tires and doing a smoke show. Next time I change my CR's tire on burning it up..

killed300ex
01-05-2003, 06:33 PM
i gve those pics about 2 hours before they are3 deleted but anyway nice pics i love seeing pcs like that.
Killed

killed300ex
01-05-2003, 07:48 PM
woho i was right
killed

H0nDo
01-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Nice call killed.....

HondaRancherES
01-07-2003, 10:16 AM
So you can't post pics if you ain't wearing a helmet??

2k2-300exnj
01-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by HondaRancherES
So you can't post pics if you ain't wearing a helmet??
no people get anal about that but i dont understand unless u are goin fast, jumping high, or doin wheelies y u need one
i always wear one but that rule is not one of my favorites...
if ur just cruising goin slow whats the big deal and doin a burnout isnt gonna hurt ya... unless the tires grab and it flips so if that happend grab the rear brake ur foot should be over it incase anyway

tants
01-07-2003, 04:05 PM
u should always wear a helmet. wheather your just "cruising around", riding in the "soft" snow or sand, or even just pullin the quad off the trailer and into the garage. you never no man, it takes 2 seconds to throw a helmet on...

Sparks425Ex
01-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Tants
u should always wear a helmet. wheather your just "cruising around", riding in the "soft" snow or sand, or even just pullin the quad off the trailer and into the garage. you never no man, it takes 2 seconds to throw a helmet on...

Exactly. Ya never know what is gonna happen.

And for "Doing A burnout isn't gonnahurt ya." Just like you followed that. Your tires coukd grab and send u smashing back on your head or back. And Maybe with your quad on top of you.

Always wear a helmet. It only takes 2 secs to put one on.

Bean
01-07-2003, 05:51 PM
i wear one most of the time, i admit it, i dont wear one warmin my bike up tryin to tune it in my yard (its easier to hear the motor this way), or pulling it into my garage, but i do wear one when i ride hardcore, if i commited a terrible crime, hang me by my sack or something, lol

marksuttonjr
01-07-2003, 08:09 PM
NO HELMET IN THE PIC IT GETS DELEATED THAT IS SOOOO ANAL

I guess that none of my pics will ever be posted on here because I refuse to wear a helmet when it isn't colder than #### or where they are required. For a few reasons

1. I have lost 2 friends in ATV ATC craches one was on a 1985 Honda 250ES Big Red the other was on a 2001 Honda Rancher both bikes I know own and refuse to let anyone else ride NEITHER OF THEM COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED BY A HELMET IN FACT ACORDING TO THE DR'S THE ONE THAT LIVED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK AFTER THE CRASH WOULD HAVE HAD HIS HEAD RIPPED OFF WHEN THE RACK SLID UP FROM BELOW HIS SHOULDERS TO HIS NECK which might have been easier on the ones of us who were not along for the ride that day, but can you immagin what the 3 guys that were with him would have gone through for the rest of their lives after seeing a buddy with his head gone lying on the ground in a helmet at least the way it happened they won't have to live with quite as grousom of a picture of their frind stuck in their heads

2. Every time I ride where they are required and it's not below freezing I get a realllly bad headach and usualy get sick

3. They Impair your peripheral vision making it MORE dangerous to ride

4. WHEN IT IS YOUR TIME TO DIE YOU ARE GOING TO DIE WEATHER YOU ARE ON A QUD WITH A HELMET, ON A QUAD WITHOUT A HELMET, AT HOME IN BED ASLEEP, SITTING @ YOUR COMPUTER ON THE NET, AT WORK, point being you can be killed reguardless of safety the precausions you take

NEED I SAY MORE????? I do have plenty more reasons, but I don't expect this post to stay on here long

If you feel safer wearing a helmet that is your choice and it is fine, but I don't feal a bit safer having one on

Also I don't care if this post gets deleated as long as a few people get to see it and understand where I am coming from saying I HATE HELMETS

toby400ex
01-07-2003, 08:29 PM
well , maybe you should go into paint on your puter and maybe cover up the part of the pic that shows there is no helmet, helmets are smart to wear, sometimes i go down my street and back without one but im not doing any doughnuts without one, i did one with one on and flipped and it even hurt with a helmet on.:mad:

HondaRancherES
01-07-2003, 10:20 PM
I wear mine. It's mandatory around my household

2k2-300exnj
01-08-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by marksuttonjr

I guess that none of my pics will ever be posted on here because I refuse to wear a helmet when it isn't colder than #### or where they are required. For a few reasons

1. I have lost 2 friends in ATV ATC craches one was on a 1985 Honda 250ES Big Red the other was on a 2001 Honda Rancher both bikes I know own and refuse to let anyone else ride NEITHER OF THEM COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED BY A HELMET IN FACT ACORDING TO THE DR'S THE ONE THAT LIVED IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK AFTER THE CRASH WOULD HAVE HAD HIS HEAD RIPPED OFF WHEN THE RACK SLID UP FROM BELOW HIS SHOULDERS TO HIS NECK which might have been easier on the ones of us who were not along for the ride that day, but can you immagin what the 3 guys that were with him would have gone through for the rest of their lives after seeing a buddy with his head gone lying on the ground in a helmet at least the way it happened they won't have to live with quite as grousom of a picture of their frind stuck in their heads

2. Every time I ride where they are required and it's not below freezing I get a realllly bad headach and usualy get sick

4. WHEN IT IS YOUR TIME TO DIE YOU ARE GOING TO DIE WEATHER YOU ARE ON A QUD WITH A HELMET, ON A QUAD WITHOUT A HELMET, AT HOME IN BED ASLEEP, SITTING @ YOUR COMPUTER ON THE NET, AT WORK, point being you can be killed reguardless of safety the precausions you take

NEED I SAY MORE????? I do have plenty more reasons, but I don't expect this post to stay on here long

If you feel safer wearing a helmet that is your choice and it is fine, but I don't feal a bit safer having one on

Also I don't care if this post gets deleated as long as a few people get to see it and understand where I am coming from saying I HATE HELMETS
i understand where u are coming from but i have to disagree on one of your statements maybe 2...
a helmet does NOT reduce periphrial vision... helmets are made specificly not to do that... they are open far from side to side so i can see everything... also u said u get a headache... does your helmet fit rite and what kind do u have it seems like it sux if u cant see and get headaches...

i do agree that the no helmet rule is kind of anal though... certain pictures shouldnt be aloud such as jumps, wheelies, endos, stuff like that but just ridin...?
all my dads friends including him in some cases unless he is riding fast do NOT wear a helmet... they all ride utility quads and just "cruise" until they find mud and then bog all day... unless it is cold outside then they wear one to keep warm,
i also have realized when i wear a helmet i seem to get hurtmore than when i do not... i feel more safe and end up doing more stupid things and crashin worse then i would when im not wearing a helmet...
im not flaming by any means because i always wear my helmet when "RIDING" MEANING NOT PULLING OUT OF MY GARAGE or up the street a couple times...
sry just steeming some and im bored home from school

brokeitin3
01-08-2003, 11:36 AM
I just wont even state my opinion here!:rolleyes:

01-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by marksuttonjr

Johnny Knoxville,,,is that you..:confused:

PS...yes we will remove pics of riders in action with no helmets on,,,we want to keep the site safe lookin and an idiot free place..

Like I've mentioned before..if you don't wear a helmet then evidently you have nothing worth protecting..:o

Pappy
01-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico

we want to keep the site safe lookin and an idiot free place..

i think he could be up for dumbass statement of the month;)

SlapNutz
01-08-2003, 01:31 PM
why r u startin with RICO?:confused:

eat my roost :macho (from the SHEE:macho )

SlapNutz
01-08-2003, 01:35 PM
monkeyboys ole helmut turned into a big ash tray when cuz came home from the western coast with these big handrolled smokes, we smoked em up and used the helmut as an ashtray cause monkeyboy got us all confused on account of the smokes that smelled funny but we liked em and cuz is comin home with good helmut that he gets a deal off the boat, i think he said he works on a big dock where the boats r bigg.

2k2-300exnj
01-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SlapNutz
monkeyboys ole helmut turned into a big ash tray when cuz came home from the western coast with these big handrolled smokes, we smoked em up and used the helmut as an ashtray cause monkeyboy got us all confused on account of the smokes that smelled funny but we liked em and cuz is comin home with good helmut that he gets a deal off the boat, i think he said he works on a big dock where the boats r bigg.
:huh

Pappy
01-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SlapNutz
why r u startin with RICO?:confused:

eat my roost :macho (from the SHEE:macho )

actually, i was refering to the nimrod who refuses to wear a helmut. i dont wear mine when pulling the bike on the trailer..or in a garage...or for a slow controlled warm up. but if any tricks, jumps..or general riding are to be done....the brain bucket goes on.

the reason there is the no helmut rule is that we try to promote safety and responsibilty here. if you dont like the rule...dont post the pic.

and if you honestly think a helmut wont HELP prevent head injuries........maybe you really shouldnt wear a helmut;)

Ben
01-08-2003, 05:34 PM
EXriders does not condone riding without a helmet. Riding with a helmet is proven to save lives time after time and riding without one is just irresponsible. Please wear your helmets and save a life :)

Ben