PDA

View Full Version : aluminum airbox manu?

Snipe
06-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Trying to find some different type of aluminum airbox manufacters. I know the basics like UM, CFM and Insane Performance.

So far the Insane seems to be the best with there lid. Im going to call them tomorrow and ask some questions.

Im trying to find out of course to relocate the battery but also be for the xc style rider with lots of air flow.

Problem is I run a UNI air filter and hate to buy a new one and im seeing that the insane I would have to either run stock or something smaller like Twin or Sparks. It wouldnt hurt my feelings but as I just bought a new filter it would suck lmao.

Anyone know of any companies that offer a good style box with a nice open lid? but not a non existant lid or a outerwears? I know picky picky but its being picky that makes the quad our own.

Anyway send some web links please thanks yall

dave07ex
06-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm runnin' a CFM with a K&N and the fitment is great. I'm not sure how the size of the UNI compares to the size of the K&N. Hacking the lid of which ever box you decide to get could be an option, but that's up to you.

Snipe
06-20-2009, 09:35 AM
I like the looks of the Insane lid and didnt know if there was any other makers out there that offered lids like that with theres or anything.

katch26
06-20-2009, 10:06 AM
I just avoid anything UM.....the finish is awful and the welds always look bushleague. CFM makes really nice products and I got free shipping when I ordered 2 items......which was basically one item for free.

RIDEREDson
06-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I read where insane's would crack.

hypersnyper6947
06-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Snipe
Trying to find some different type of aluminum airbox manufacters. I know the basics like UM, CFM and Insane Performance.

So far the Insane seems to be the best with there lid. Im going to call them tomorrow and ask some questions.

Im trying to find out of course to relocate the battery but also be for the xc style rider with lots of air flow.

Problem is I run a UNI air filter and hate to buy a new one and im seeing that the insane I would have to either run stock or something smaller like Twin or Sparks. It wouldnt hurt my feelings but as I just bought a new filter it would suck lmao.

Anyone know of any companies that offer a good style box with a nice open lid? but not a non existant lid or a outerwears? I know picky picky but its being picky that makes the quad our own.

Anyway send some web links please thanks yall
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/aclasson86/DSC06900.jpg

u can kinda see my airbox here, the UNI fits, dont mind my custom outerwears lid lol

Snipe
06-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I talked to insane Performance yesterday and I talked him into $134 shipped with lid. I think im gonna order the metal and Outerwears and see what I like would only cost $144 shipped that sweet man.

And thanks for the pic it really helped.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Where can I get that Outer wear mateiral at?
I have the UM on my 440ex, but my Daughters LTR450 has an Alum box(not sure which one it is ) and we wanted to put an outerwear on it and wasnt sure where to get one?

Snipe
06-21-2009, 02:58 PM
well you would want to know what box you have as most of them are dif specs and you would want to get one that will fit. www.insaneperformance.com and you can contact him and buy the outerwears from him.

Get the measurments and contact outerwears themself and see if they will make you one that would prob be the best results.

I appreciate everyones help. now just gotta order it lol.