PDA

View Full Version : Dispelling rumors about Laeger's

addictedtomud
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Just spoke with Scott, the owner of Leager's to order new bushing for my ProTrax front end. He admits they have had some issues recently, but they are now ready to move forward and production is back to about 80% of his goal.

There was never any truth to the rumors that a french company bought them out.

So check out this website for the phone # to contact Scott:
http://www.laegerracing.com/index2.html

He was extremely helpful figuring out what I needed so he did not "oversell" and have me waste money. I am personally glad to hear they are not out of business, since I have 3 Laeger narrow CR500 quads setup for GNCC, one with a protrax front end!!

thedeatons
06-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Well, Scott was personally emailing me telling me they were being purchased, but wouldn't say who.... So they were purchased, just not by a French company?

Why is it all so mysterious.... sheesh..

havinnoj
06-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by thedeatons
Why is it all so mysterious.... sheesh..

It's the ATV Industry bro

woodsracer144
06-20-2009, 07:23 PM
its a ind. like said above. i dont know how much to take as the truth and how much was a joke... i do think that we will see some major companys change like ktm's hear say about droping all the XC modle bikes and the quads in the usa... i think alot of people will go to the 250rs again becase its soo spendy to fix and rebuild teh 4 strokes... jmo but to me if you handed both a 2 stroke rider and a 4 stroke rider 5 K to build a motor, a 2 stroke i feel could build up way more Hp and Tq

addictedtomud
06-21-2009, 05:40 AM
From what he said, he has been the owner for the past 6 years. About a year and a half ago, he partnered with someone and had some issues. Now he has un-partnered and is getting those issues resolved. No mention of a buy-out by anybody. He is also located in Vista, CA now. I'm not sure where he was before.

woodsracer144
06-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Wernt they in pa... What happened with mark...

deathman53
06-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
ktm's hear say about droping all the XC modle bikes and the quads in the usa... i think alot of people will go to the 250rs again becase its soo spendy to fix and rebuild teh 4 strokes... jmo but to me if you handed both a 2 stroke rider and a 4 stroke rider 5 K to build a motor, a 2 stroke i feel could build up way more Hp and Tq

ktm dropped more than the xc line for 2010, 250 4 stroke, some mini's, 505 and others. It has something to do with overstock and tons tons and more tons of unsold bikes and inventory. They want to reduce stuff, before the 2011 line comes up, word is that it will make anything else before seem like its stone age.

As for the 250r comment, I don't see it happening. I would love to see it happen. Too many riders now don't even know what a 250r is!!! One time when I was at rausch creek, I had my 250r quad and trike out, along with 250r hybrid. The younger people and newly mxing(13-16), were looking at them in wonder, some didn't even know of a 3 wheeled atv was. A 2 stroke atv was something they didn't know honda ever made. I got strange looks for the 250r hybrid, they couldn't figure out what it was either.

Sadly, its a monkey see, monkey do market. All you see with atv's now is fourstrokes, hybrids are rarely seen in pro ranks now. And the younger ones just follow them. The manufactures knew what they were doing with the 450's. First it was the pro production, then get rid of the aftermarket 250r's and hybrids in pro class and after that in pro class you couldn't even race a stock framed 250r. Last 250r pro raced was in 04 and guess what....it won most classes. In 05, no 250r's at all or hybrids. Smells funny???? huh. I do see 250r's coming back for older riders, far cheaper to ride and maintain. My friend was at a gncc, he saw many many 450's, the only 250r's were the older people. My 250r quad, motor had 3 years on it, only thing touched was a new plug, clutch and new reeds. I did the top end nearly 3 years after it was built. Lets see a 4 stroke of any kind go near that. My friend has a lrd re-sleeve 300, it has well over 300 hours on it, never touched the motor, still at over 200 psi.

woodsracer144
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
i totally agree with you about the monkey see monkey do... but i still think that if the younger kids knew about these quads and had to pay teh bill once on a rebuild they would see why imo 2 strokes are better... i know the 4 bangers can lug more but i think i would take a 250r over a 450r anyday...

thats crazy theres that many hours on the 300 lrd and on your quad... hopefully mine will work that long too...

IGOTSAND
06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by addictedtomud
From what he said, he has been the owner for the past 6 years. About a year and a half ago, he partnered with someone and had some issues. Now he has un-partnered and is getting those issues resolved. No mention of a buy-out by anybody. He is also located in Vista, CA now. I'm not sure where he was before.

Leager's in Vista, Ca??
That's interesting, I never heard that before, I live in Vista I would love to know where his shop is now....
It's so nice to be 10 minutes from Roll Design, and 30 minutes from Duncan Racing, when I need something I just go right to the shop...cut out shipping charges.
Thanks for the info...

trx250rforlife
07-15-2009, 09:47 PM
found out that they are making frames again boys 7500 with protrax front end and cr 500 link swing arm

250Renvy
07-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by trx250rforlife
found out that they are making frames again boys 7500 with protrax front end and cr 500 link swing arm

I haven't spoken with Scott personally, but if that is the case then I feel this is the reason why they went downhill and ultimately failed in the first place.

His pricing is just out of left field and they didn't have the customer service that was once there and that many other companies that have been in the business for years still have.

$7500 is about $2000 too much.

Break that down and it would look like this:
Protrax - $2500
Swingarm - $1000
Frame - $4000

When people wanted these they wouldn't make them and now they've priced them out of reach from anybody who would consider buying them.

Who in there right mind would pay $7500 for a frame - swingarm and a-arms when you can buy a complete quad for that - almost race ready - KTM's and Can-ams are $2000 more.

Creech52
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes $4000 for a frame is rediculous.

Maybe its just a ploy on the whole supply and demand. Im glad to hear Laegers is back in the 250R biz, but unfortunately Im sorry to hear they are trying to gouge in a time of economic downfall.

So anyone looking for a laegers frame...guide lines for used items is half of new right? Sure Ill let it go for 2K

croat1
07-15-2009, 11:39 PM
way to go laeger. go ahead try selling those frames and this time you will really be out of buisness for good. when i wanted to buy them from scott a year ago he would not make them. just as well because it would not be a true laeger frame (mark laeger frame).
now i don't feel bad that i had the one and only laeger make me 2 2009 frames for alot less.

05LSR250R
07-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Yep! Way too much! I would pay 5 grand tops! Glad they're in buisness but thats no way to move material!

addictedtomud
07-16-2009, 06:49 PM
How did Roll Design get away with $11995 for their LOBO chassis back in the day? I know they came with shocks, but if you subtract even $4k for that they were still $7995 for the chassis alone.

If the price is too high for 2009, the market will let him know! They'll sit on his shelf until he lowers the price...

racerx573
07-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Maybe that is the cost, because hopefully they will be made on a made-to-order basis. Kind of like Walsh does. There are guys who would be willing to pay. Are they going to be making hybrid frames? If so, I am betting it will only be the ones they used to make.... but if not.. I may scratch my 450R project, and start a Laeger's CRF with a '09/'10 engine :eek2:

judecrf
07-17-2009, 05:56 AM
hey guys how do u get in touch wth mark laeger ?