PDA

View Full Version : New Banshee Project

250r4life
06-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Well, an opportunity came along and there is only so much for me to do on my other bikes this summer, so i went ahead and picked up an old banshee to clean up and play with... Its an old J-armed Banshee, although I havent looked too closely to determine the year yet. It was sitting for several years, is pretty dang dirty, and the t5s are rusted pretty good... Its got an extended swing arm and CT etched into the cylinder, so Im assuming it has some motor work as well...

Im excited to get it all cleaned up and running...

not too much better than taking an old beat up bike and making it run like a champ and look cherry...

06-19-2009, 06:59 AM
If it's the original motor them then take the number on the motor (Left side case, little flay area) and look on bansheehq. There's a thread I believe you can look at to determine the year.

Good luck on the build. Projects are the best:cool:

250r4life
06-25-2009, 11:46 AM
one of the intake boots from the carb to the cylinder is cracked...
it has some 34pj carbs... will those be the stock intake boots or larger ones? where is the best place to order these?

06-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
one of the intake boots from the carb to the cylinder is cracked...
it has some 34pj carbs... will those be the stock intake boots or larger ones? where is the best place to order these?

That I can't help you with. Check out hillclimbersforum.com there's a TON of banshee owners and all a bunch of good guys that would help you out.