PDA

View Full Version : 2009

JGlaze
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Who's racing this weekend in VT? Looks like it will be muddy!

mysticfalcon
09-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I just heard about this series. Wish I had known ages ago. I'll be there for the next one on the 26th.

JGlaze
09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes come join in!!! Bring as many friends as you can and spread the word. I didn't know about the series until about a year ago myself. The track in VT is the best one on the series probably equal with Union, CT.

mysticfalcon
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
where are they all? The website leaves alittle to be desired. Im up in VT on the canadian border so Id like to see just how far they all are. I think Im going to have to plan on hitting them all next summer. Unfortuanately most of my friends are all going to a wedding that day. I however am the only one in my group of friends not friends with them so I get to go race :)

JGlaze
09-17-2009, 12:33 PM
They are primairily in Conn. The race in Vermont isn't too far from you, it's just off of route 7 about 30-40 miles north of Rudland in Bristol so it probably isn't more than 2 hours from you. I agree that the site isn't exactly clear all the time but there are about 6 or 7 races per year. We'll see how many there are next year. One word of advice for the tracks in CT/RI especially Chaplin, CT and Tiverton, RI is to run 23's in the front and 22's in the rear. Those are the rockiest tracks I have ever raced in my life, fun though. Look foreword to seeing you at the track. I won't be back to one till the spring because I'm racing in the Desert those 2 weekends for the last races of 09

mysticfalcon
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Great I'll feel right at home. I run 22/23 tires now. Track Stars. they work great. Things up here gett pretty rocky on the trails so my swingarm needs the clearance to survive. Have run in the desert and I'll see you next year

JGlaze
09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
There will be mud bog races and some other events that same weekend at the same place and they had about 500-700 people at it last year. Plan on camping out and having a good time that Saturday night with all the other necc riders and all the mud bogger's. Really wish I could make it, I got 2nd overall at the last race in Bristol and I want that 1st overall!!!

mysticfalcon
09-17-2009, 12:51 PM
cool. I'll have to try to convince the Mrs. to bring her 4x4 so she will want to stay. Whats a good class for someone who can ride alright but hasn't raced? I can go pretty fast but I think my issue will be endurance

JGlaze
09-17-2009, 01:11 PM
The best thing to do would be to race the C class this time to see were you're at as far as speed/endurance. You really need to just get the first race out of your way so that you can see what it's like. If you are competitive with the other riders in that class you can stay right were your at and go for the championship in that class next year. If you win by a long shot, move up to the B class at the next race. If you're still winning by a lot go up to A. A few things you will want if you don't already are; goggles with roll offs on them (have extra's just in case in the pit area), a steering stabilizer (trust me you can break your wrist if the bars jolt to one side from a rock or tree), and a Camleback to keep hydrated. If it is muddy have paper towels in the pit as well in case your gloves and grips get wet. what you do is wrap them around the grips and your wet gloves will get grip. That's about it from what I can think of. Everyone is really nice so they can give you advice too. Have fun! Check your pm's

mysticfalcon
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a plan. Im faster than all my friends but we also take a lot of break so its hard to see just how well the whole thing goes. Im already love my camel back and I used to love my stering stabelizer on my old 250R but since I converted to the 450R this spring I havent found the need for it.

mysticfalcon
09-18-2009, 08:05 AM
do I need numbers? I was just checking out that link in your sig so Im thinking about numbers now.

JGlaze
09-18-2009, 11:19 AM
You do not technically need numbers. they will give you a bar code sticker for your helmet

mysticfalcon
09-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Not promoting the G4 Graphics very well. :)

JGlaze
12-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Haha, well I'd rather be honest