PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think

Pimped_wart_no2
06-18-2009, 06:29 PM
i can take the cridisism for using a stock frame for a hybrid but it's what i had and i don't have the money to buy a new frame right now so get over that fact lol just tell me what you think of it otherwise cut out the stock rear shock mount and made my own in order for the intake to clear and a little more room for the pipe

link to get to some pics
http://s316.photobucket.com/albums/mm353/pimped_wart/new%20hybrid/

honda400-4-ever
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
did u put a yz450f engine in it?? how does she run

Pimped_wart_no2
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
yeah sorry i spose i could've put some details. it's an 01 yz426 motor came out of a crashed bike got it for practicly nothing rebuild the motor with a set of yfz450 quad cams just for the auto decomp seems to rev way faster too. yeah i put it in the frame myself swingarm bolt goes threw the cases like its supposed to new spacers were made in our machine shop at work so they fit tight on the swingarm bolt and in the swingarm. 86 modle with the cutout for the rear motor mounts. that is why the motor looks like it sits back so far. runs really good have only had it on the track a couple times had some cooling issues but got a new radiator and everything is all copestetic now. found a real cheap frame on ebay from a guy from florida just a stock 86 and got that not bent or cracked at all so i put my R motor in that and it's all still together so i can switch between my R and 426 with just the big stuff nerfs arms swingarm stem and shocks. brakes too but minor. all work done by me in my garage with no help from anyone tho. took about a week once i got all my parts and really got after it.

kyledvor61
06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
what cooling issues did you have? and it looks pretty nice to me.

Pimped_wart_no2
06-18-2009, 10:44 PM
i was using the stock R radiator and the angle the bottom outlet pipe comes off faces in then the inlet for the motor faces out and up over the pipe so with the stock R hose or i tried a heavier less flexible car radiator house but both had to many bends and when you reved it up it would suck the hose shut. at least i knew the water pump worked lol. but i put a stock yfz radiator on it cheap off ebay and went to napa and got a prebent hose with a 90 in is cuz that's what the stock yfz hose looked like it just wasn't long enough so got that put it in and now it runs at a cool 190 and that's after 12 laps nonstop on the track. before i would get about to idle for 5 minutes and it'd be at 2 bills lol. so i didn't run it as it was

Pimped_wart_no2
06-18-2009, 10:45 PM
and i didn't wanna cut the bottom pipe to a strait outlet cuz i could still use it for my stock R motor and frame

kyledvor61
06-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm havin kinda the same issue. My old line was resting on the header (didnt notice) and it burnt through. put on one from my yfz and it still touches.

I think im gonna go straight up with a hose, then a elbow then straight to the radiator. Or cut off the metal piece that sticks up so I can bend it lower. I think I'm having this issue since im running the YZ450F header. its longer.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/kyledvor61/fourwheeler/a8.jpg

Pimped_wart_no2
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
buy the spiget thing that bolts into the water pump cover off a yfz450 quad. i did it for both of my spigets before i ever started cuz the one by the pipe had two ends for the bikes dual radiator set up. it is only like 8 bucks or something go on www.albaaction.com and go to the stock parts section click yamaha atvs and go to 04 or something. buy one or buy both but it helps that lower one for sure. it brings your metal back behind the pipe closer to the head and then up and over it i wrapped my header too with exhaust wrap and i think that helped alot with the heat.

Pimped_wart_no2
06-18-2009, 11:11 PM
it is under radiator assembly and it is number three and number 7 for the 04 yfz450 7 bucks and 11 bucks then go to advanced or car quest or something and tell them you need a hose in the diameter or the stock tubing with a 90 in it and they should have one. they did for me had about a foot or 18 inches on one side for me to work with then about 4 or 6 on the other to connect to the motor portion

Pimped_wart_no2
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
lol also i am running the yfz450 head pipe too came with the exhaust i bought and it fit so i used it

kyledvor61
06-18-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks, thats alot of help. I was looking through your other pics after I posted that and saw that part on your motor and figured it was off the YFZ. I now remember it being longer when I changed radiators on my last one I had.