PDA

View Full Version : high comp piston and E-start question

rollie
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I have a CP 13.5:1 piston, hotcams stage II, port and polish +1 exhaust valves and kibblewhite springs

does anyone have similar mods with E-start and it works fine?

i need a new starter clutch but im not going to do it if it just breaks again, and i dont really have the money for a kick right now, please let me know!

WilRideAnything
06-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Higher compression doesn't make it harder to start. The decopressor takes care of that.

Scro
06-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by WilRideAnything
Higher compression doesn't make it harder to start. The decopressor takes care of that.

He's right.

KEVIN132
06-18-2009, 08:19 PM
fact is that most guys with built bikes end up liking or switching to a kicker. even wimmer runs one on a zuk. it def saves lbs and thats a big reason but rollie if you want take the bike over this weekend or ill drive up to you and we will recheck the clearence.

call jay and get what he suggests for a clearence:cool:

elementryder
06-18-2009, 08:55 PM
i burt the started clutch out within a year on a stock motor! and well i converted to kick and i wish i still had electirc, its easier to start after you wreck which ive learned way to many times and me nor anyone else i know can notice the weight difference

GIXXER1KR
06-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Was it having a hard time turning it over.When i 1st put my motor together my motor wasnt turning over fast enough so i just tightened up the clearance a little to make the decompression valve stay open a tad longer to make the engine turn over easier.

wckedclownz69
06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
buddy of mine got the boysen quick shot on his 06 and had no problems turning over after that...