PDA

View Full Version : Lt A-arm Info

quadracer85st
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
i decided to start this topic to learn a lil more about lt a-arms and the differences from one brand to the next.

for example. why does a walsh flow set cost $1500, what makes them worth so much compared to others. i know that some use heims, king pins, ball joints etc.

but how big of a difference can there be in leverage ratios and shock mounting points compared to the next brand. i know the hardware is different on most brands but what really makes one better than the rest.

we know that quality is important, customer service, material, and the amount of features for adjustments that the arms offer are all important.

after all. they are all using the same frame geometry on the 450r, there's only so many combos that work with the stock chassis and spindles.

we know that ideally most brands want a ratio of 2-1. but some sets offer the same features, mgc, adjustments, hardware, less bump steer with their stems, great ratios and are a fraction of the cost.

we know that a major part of handling has to do with the shock manufacturer.

so if anyone has any insight or something to add. what exactly sets one brand apart from rest, aside from this pro runs this or that.

quadracer85st
06-18-2009, 08:21 PM
bump