PDA

View Full Version : HMF or Curtis Sparks

BamBam21
06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Which one makes the most power and sounds best, I have the X-6 on my ex and it sounds good, looking for other opinions. Anyone have any back to back dyno info??

Thanks BB

leechi
06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
i loves my curtis sparks system!!!!!!

Butter
06-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Theres been so many threads about exhaust, and sound and power output. Just research a little on this forum, and you'll find out what systems are the best and what your looking for.

Personally I have a Rossier on my race bike, and I had a Sparks on my practice bike, but I picked up a LeoVince CHEAP ($50) on this site and put it on there. My Sparks has seen better days thats the only reason why I switched. I personally LOVE my Rossier, and even hammered, the Sparks made great power. I'm interested to see what this LeoVince does. I would know if I didn't break my arm.:mad:

exrider12
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
I didnt like the sparks at all. Made little difference in power. The only good thing is it sounds nice.

fastrider450r
06-18-2009, 09:40 PM
i just have the slip-on hmf, on my 450 and 400 and they both made a good noticable difference...very nice power gain.

jkulysses
06-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Sparks and HMF are both great pipes and sound amazing. I'm currently running the sparks and couldn't be happier. It sounds amazing and I picked it up on the .org used for $300 shipped in mint condition. I was going to get the dasa/rage pipe but I couldn't pass up saving a couple hundred bucks on this pipe. I would also like to try out the venom cause sometimes these loud pipes get to me after a while and I get sick of dodging the park rangers at the dunes hoping they wont sound test me.

pro-rider46
06-20-2009, 06:36 PM
i love my sparks, i picked it up used for 250 bucks, and it was dirty and what not, but no dents, then i polished it, and it looks amazing now, it helped the power alot! i might be getting rid of it possibly soon, just to get a new drag pipe. but idk yet, have to see what my dad is doing.

Tims660rap
06-20-2009, 07:40 PM
i got a full sparks system, sounds amazing and gives decent power,not a bad exhaust for the price but hmf is right up their with it so it all goes by what you perfer, both great exhausts!

BlaineKaiser450
06-20-2009, 07:46 PM
one of my friends had an HMF and he loved it, then on his 09 he got a sparks and he loves it as well. Either ways is good

longtimeridr777
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
It is more a matter of opinion. They are both great pipes (as stated) but it is what you prefer. Personally i Love the HMF system! Nice power gain with an amazing sound! I would definately go with the HMF personally.

hendershot106
06-23-2009, 08:58 AM
for the hundreth time.... they are both awesome... i ride for HMF... there rider support/customer service is great... they make good power... and you can custom order them anyway you want... i run the sparks national package with an hmf exhaust with no problems... and i have pulled a couple holeshots with it too.... :D national holeshots that is:blah:

rollie
06-23-2009, 04:54 PM
other than the black of the HMF logo on the muffler falling off i couldn't be any happier with my HMF

BamBam21
06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the respones, I found a HMF on ebay I couldn't pass up and bought it, I wont be using it for awhile, bike is in a thousand pieces. I would have bought either, just found a deal on the HMF, I have the Sparks X-6 on my ex and I like it.

Thanks BB