PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys have to......

motochris
01-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Do you have to register your dirtbikes or quads to ride them at your local tracks or riding areas??? Sounds like a dumb question but, they are wanting to do that here in Wyoming... The county wants us to have some sort of sticker put on bikes or quads even tho there not riden on the street and are for "off road use".... I was just wanting to know what that was all about and what they might cost if they pass this new law/idea.............. Thanks guys..........:)

exriderdude
01-05-2003, 02:31 PM
yea, we have had to do that for years. im not sure what its called, we just call it the ohio sticker. you dont need it to ride a tracks, just public riding areas/trails.

roostin_dale
01-05-2003, 03:51 PM
not in Illinois....ive heard most states have too.

CHAUNCY
01-05-2003, 04:00 PM
In California you have to have them registered on trails. Here its called a green sticker for 4 strokes and some older 2 strokes but its called a red sticker for some yzf's/wr's and 2 strokes after 98 i think. I got a green sticker on my 2001 kx though so its kinda a confusing system. They havent fixed all the mistakes yet. With red sticker you can only ride part of the year but most the places I ride they dont enforce the red sticker rule. This one time I was riding and the ranger let us ride down this highway type of road to connect to another trail down the road about 1/4 mile. You shoulda seen the looks on the people fishing when they saw us. They were like this :huh

killed300ex
01-05-2003, 05:50 PM
wel t can cost as little as 7 bucks for a 3 year sticker or 58 bucks for a year(thats what i pay)
killed