PDA

View Full Version : Who has a 370?

Derrick Adams
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I want some details. Curious about power delivery, reliability, failures, pipe availability, etc.

Thinking of building one for next years MX engine, vs. dropping in a YZ450F.

mxduner
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
i was gonna try out the 350 pv for mx.I think the pv (if setup right) is a must for mx. imo. a 370 i bet would be a little bit of a handful lol. I went with a 310 non pv and wish i had a bit more.

rigger
06-20-2009, 05:07 AM
I have a buddy down the street that has a 370. I rode it once and man, that thing is bad *****. I don't think I would want to ride it all the time. It is a bit of a handful but is really fun to ride. That is why he built it. Jut to have fun with it.

He has not ridden it in a while, but as far as I know, he has never had a problem with it at all.

Derrick Adams
06-20-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't tend to buy into the whole power valve hype, I think a non-power valve engine works just fine.

I have a 330 right now, and although it runs extremely well, I can easily handle more power. I don't believe a 370 would make any more hp or torque than a national 450 engine.

wes350x
06-20-2009, 09:20 AM
A friend has a 370 ATC, its pretty quick, He runs a 5.0 in 300ft, but I dont think it is overpowered, especially it it were on a trx frame.

hondamancbr03
06-20-2009, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Derrick Adams
[B]I don't tend to buy into the whole power valve hype, I think a non-power valve engine works just fine.

Have you ever seen the dyno graph from a power valve motor? Depending on your type of riding, it may change you mind. PV motors do not make anymore top end, or any less...But they do make more bottom and mid, or top depending on how the non-PV is ported. But i will say that a PV is not required for drag racing......JMO

kess
06-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I have a ESR 310 and an ESR 370.

The 310 is my dune sled. Very fun to ride. Very quick. Had a 05 Alba Action YFZ 450, and the 310 would beat it out of the hole and on the top end, every time. Even switched riders (me on the 450, and a buddy on the 310) same results. Power band smooth and reliable. If your going to run the stock swinger, go easy on the throttle :eek2: . The front end WILL come up. Now for the BIG DOG.......

The 370------------OMG!!!!! This thang absolutly rocks!!!!!! Not a fun dune sled. (too much power). Did not enjoy riding the fence lines or jumping it because the power is to unpredictable. With the stock swinger, the front end is off the sand pretty much all of the time. The sled is currently in pieces in the shop. Going straight drag sled with this one. 8+ Ladder style swinger, direct drive, with a custom built override built by Jay at ESR. Currently has a full WORCS suspension, but replacing that with some Marvin Shaws. DON'T EVEN ASK.................The WORCS are going on the 310......LMAO Thinking about running it on Alcohol and putting it on the bottle instead of the race fuel.............I will try to post some pics............