PDA

View Full Version : how to register an atv with no pink slip?

ae13291
06-18-2009, 12:22 AM
hey guys, we just bought a yfz450 for my brother, i live in california i dont know if that makes a differance, but the guy had the quad for 2 years without registering it, the owner before is a friend of his so he gave me all his info for the bill of sale. what do i need to do to get a pink slip for this? do i just show the dmv my bill of sale?

hypersnyper6947
06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
I know here in florida if its an 03 and up it has to have a title, they didnt give titles to OHV's until 03, if its older than an 03 you can just take your bill of sale to the tax collectors office and they will title it to you, then its registered. You get your registration sticker right there then i think they mail you the title. the only way you wouldnt have a title for 03 or newer is if it has not been paid off yet, or if its stolen, or the original owner lost the title or didnt transfer it, in that case you need to get with the original owner.

ae13291
06-18-2009, 12:44 AM
its not stolen, but the original owner lost the title

hypersnyper6947
06-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Find a way to contact them, they have to request a copy of the title or a new title, then they can sign it over to you, then you can register it to yourself.

ae13291
06-18-2009, 02:31 AM
thanks for the reply man, i will give it a try

Snipe
06-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Why do you want to register the bike anyway? No one hardly ever does.

ae13291
06-18-2009, 10:06 AM
i should have put this more in a california forum guys, sorry, once you come to california and go to a designated riding area, you will see park rangers, driving around in trucks, they check your registration sometimes, you never know, if u get caught there goes your quad

hypersnyper6947
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Same here kinda, if you want to ride croom you have to have in registered. Also if you want to ride any of the national forest areas you have to be registered also. Same deal there is rangers who ride around checking.

Good luck, hopefully you get it taken care of

ae13291
06-18-2009, 11:12 AM
thanks dude, its a great quad is like brand new because its been sitting for 3 years, i hope i dont need a new frame

Snipe
06-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Well it kinda is the same here to ride in some places but the rangers know there is no way they can catch any of us cause we can dissapear in the super tight trails so they just dont care around here that is.

destey
06-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Snipe
Well it kinda is the same here to ride in some places but the rangers know there is no way they can catch any of us cause we can dissapear in the super tight trails so they just dont care around here that is.

Stole my thunder :)

Here in vt, you can register it. But the trail system is officially about 1/10th the trails that exist, the speed limit is really low and some other stuff I can't recall

I was all for VAST, the vermont trail system for snowmobiles. The rules are fair and just, the fees are a little expensive but worth it considering the extent of the trail system and all the work that volunteers do. VASA, the ATV trail system is just not worth it.

Around here just don't go across farmers fields and everything is all good. Farmers even leave a little 5' wide path on the outside of the fields for ATVers to go on. Every once in a while you'll see a pack of atvs blasting up the road, nobody seems to care too much

Snipe
06-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Its nice to live in a place where they are understanding. I mean I know that atv's can be destructive but if im not riding destructive why cant I ride on a trail that already exists ya know its not like im blazing my own path and all.

Sorry if we stole your thread lol.