PDA

View Full Version : Reverse rev limiter mod

killed300ex
01-05-2003, 01:31 PM
I got he main idea and info on how to do this from velocity raptor. He gave me almost all the info on how to do it then i kind figured out the rest. If you want to get rid of the annoying rev limiter in reverse then all you have to do is this sumwhat simple mod. On the right sie engine case there are 2 wires that come out a white and a green wire. The white one is kinda grey looking but we will just call it white. If you follow the wire up it goes up th frame then across to were there are alot of diferent wires for all the other quads electronics. Once you have the wires located over there take the white wire and unplug it. then get a in line wire splitter and clamp it along the line this way uyou have a t in yout line, then with the added wire take that and ground it out somewhere on the quad. This will make it so that you bypass the rev limiter. The only downside of this mod is you loose the reverse light but thats no big deal its just that the neutral light on while your in reverse. It is an easy and simple but very usefull modification.it has already proven worth it to me. Now you just have to becarefull to not over rev it in reverse becase there is not rev limiter anymore. Highly recomend doing this to all the fellow 300ex riders. We can thank velocity raptor for this mod i just wanted to let you all know how to get rid of it. killed

300EXrider02
01-05-2003, 02:36 PM
is it bad for the 300?? i might do it

killed300ex
01-05-2003, 04:29 PM
not bad for it as long as you dont over rev it like an idiot. There is notin stoping the rev so it will keep going untill it blows up :eek: Go with moderation and yoll be fin but it does help when youget stuck in that mud hole or need to get out of the way fast
killed