PDA

View Full Version : More problems

la400ex
01-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Well, i figured out why my bike was so lean. The intake boot is cracked. I temporarily fixed that just to see how it would run. Well, it now runs perfect. Starts as soon as a press the button, idles perfect and everything. Im still breaking it in and i was riding around my front yard and noticed that I had oil on my leg right above my knee. I rode it to the porch and checked it out. There is oil around the bottom of the cylinder. I guess the base gasket tore. I torqued the bolts to the specs that are on this site. Im disgusted. I just got it together yesterday and I think im going to have to take it back down now. Another thing, it is smoking pretty bad when I rev it a little. It wasnt doing it when it was lean so Im hoping that its just smoking because its rich. The smoke isnt really black though. I probably need some valve seals now. Any other reasons that I could have oil on my leg??? Thanks, Anthony

DaveEX7
01-05-2003, 01:12 PM
the only thing i could tell u thats prob a reason for havin oil on ur leg is that mabe where u put ur oil mabe the cap isnt tight enough

probably not the problem but im juss tryin to help

RED121572
01-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Bummer dude. Im having the same sort of troubles with my honda. Rebuilt it, rode it for 8 hours. Come to find out my valve seals are bad too. Its smokin like the bat mobile. Good luck and let us know how things work out for you.

la400ex
01-05-2003, 02:02 PM
Man, i feel stupid now. It wasnt oil, it was brake fluid. The bolt on the front master cylinder was loose. Tomorrow, im gonna try to get the jetting right and see if it will stop smoking. I think it might be a little rich now. Thanks, Ant.