PDA

View Full Version : 400ex clutch lever

mc250r
01-05-2003, 12:59 PM
I want to remove the the stock clutch lever setup along with the parking brake. can someone tell me what the best lever setup is?
what do I do with the safety switch on the lever?

Juggalo
01-05-2003, 01:24 PM
the best setup is hydrolic. but thats pricey. next best is asv leversbut their pricey too. my friend has em on his CR's and let me tell ya they are soo awesome. but i didn't wanna spend that kind of money so i went with the cheapo MSR raptor for 30 bucks. so far i am extremely pleased with it.

RED121572
01-05-2003, 01:27 PM
I went with some aftermarket LL cheap O lever. Not sure who even makes it. I picked it up at my local dealers accesory rack. Its really nice though, gets rid of all the parking brake junk.

The two wires that go into the stock clutch lever. Believe they are black and green. Cut them and splice them together. :D

mc250r
01-05-2003, 01:49 PM
will the stock clutch cable work with an aftermarket lever?

tayz34
01-05-2003, 02:01 PM
yes the stock cable will work. i searched for a while for my lever and the best set up that i found was the vito performance lever and perch for 25 bucks. it looked nice and was good deal so i went with that. i got the nacs parking break block off and it looks sweet becasue i got it anidized red aluminum. good luck

mc250r
01-05-2003, 02:25 PM
thanks for the info. can someone tell me where to relocate the key switch. I am removing the headlights and putting on a 250r style hood. is it possible to replace the key switch with some sort of toggle switch?

lilpoppy
01-05-2003, 06:48 PM
do you have to replace the stock clutch lever when you add a parking brake block off or is it just for looks?

wgbanks
01-05-2003, 07:15 PM
The stock lever does not have to be replaced. But when the cable is disconnect from the brake assy you should go ahead and remove it and change the clutch lever at that time. Makes for a cleaner look. I have changed mine, about a 30 minute job, and never regretted it once. I like the flames the best, check pics.