PDA

View Full Version : MUST READ! my band's CD will be sold early February on this site!

TC17
01-05-2003, 12:28 PM
i've talked to Ben about this and we decided that it was ok to sell my CD in the Classifieds section. the band still has to record the song and finish up but we should have the CD done by early February. i'll post a thread about this in February telling that it's up.

i am going to upload the demo song and put it on Kazaa for you to download to see if that your kind of music. the CD is $5. it will be about 20-30 minutes long. with about 10 songs on it. if we have extra time, we'll make the music video and put it on there. but we're making a couple good ones and i'll sell them as a Video CD. the band's name is DownFall.

DownFall includes me(Anthony)-as the main guitarist, Brian(4Man450ES)as the drummer, and Dee(BassBunny4126) as the bass player, Andy-backing guitar, and we might get a singer.

we don't have any lyrics to our songs. we might soon but we doubt it. our songs sound great without lyrics. we have no idea what lyrics to use anyway. it's like Joe Satrioni, but the lower level of him:blah. we are a punk, rock, alternative, emo, nu-metal, metal band type band. it is definitly good riding music.

this will also benefit the site. i will be sending Ben a 30% donation fee of how much money i get monthly.

it IS a quality CD. i have a $300 program my dad helps me record with. he is a computer pro. he is general manager at a computer company. i think that you will be very satisfied with it.
i'd like to thank 2 people. Striker49, for the cover design, and Ben, for letting me do this. and of course everyone that buys the

Ben
01-05-2003, 12:32 PM
I hope you do well! But remember I told you I won't accept any money from you :) If you want to help buy a shirt down the line!

Ben

Striker49
01-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Cant wait to see the cover. Glad I could be of assistance.

A little taste people :p

JTRtrx250r
01-05-2003, 01:13 PM
definitly lookin forward to checkin it out:cool: Exposure is everything:D

ny300exrider
01-05-2003, 01:19 PM
hey man, thats awsome....good luck , ill probly end up checkin it out for 5$.......good luck anthony

TC17
01-05-2003, 02:52 PM
thanks guys. i really can't wait until we record this CD! too much exposure is bad though. that's why i'm not going to upload all of the songs to the internet because then people would just download that instead of paying 5 bucks. i think shipping is free. or i might raise it to 6 bucks or i'll pay shipping. it should only be a buck or two i think.

Striker49, you showed me 2 of the CD covers. that one doesn't have your s/n at the top. if it is ok with you, i'd like to use the one with your s/n at the top because you deserve credit for making it. we're going to have a credit page and 2 pic pages. with 4 pics on each page.

i hope a lot of people buy the CD. the Administrators, Moderators, and Ben don't have to pay for the CD or shipping. that get it free for doing there job to their best ability. thanks guys.

we will record our good song next week and upload it to Kazza for you guys to listen to. we would have a much longer CD if we could Cover some other peoples songs, but i don't think it's fair to steal someone's song and sell it. so we'll make our own up.

Striker49
01-05-2003, 03:13 PM
I thought that I had sent ya the one with my sig on it. Its your CD dude, so you can do whatever you would like with it. Ill post the one with my sig on it.

Thx again for letting me do this for ya. I appreciate it.

BTW, are you having someone print out the covers for you?

Striker49
01-05-2003, 03:16 PM
BTW, the flames at the bottom on the background look pixelated, but once it is resized for the CD cover, it will look 20 times better. :) Its like that b/c I converted it from white to put that red tint to it.

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 03:20 PM
sounds sweet. ill take a cd for 5 bucks. if i get my comp running right could put some lyrics in there just for fun of course. me and my freinds will write lyrics sometimes when were bored and put them to beats on his drum set. they sound cool but weve never recorded.

roostin_dale
01-05-2003, 03:47 PM
wow! arent you only 13? thats awsome

TC17
01-05-2003, 05:13 PM
i'm not sure. i might just use my printer. it's a PhotoSmart 1000. HP makes it. it prints real nice. i might use it. depending on how much it costs and the quality difference i might just get them done somewhere.

yep. i'm 13 an will be 14 in 3 months. for my b-day we're going to play on my back porch and we'll have like 50 people moshing in my yard, i'll be sweet.

i'm musically talented. i've been playing piano since i was 6 and taking lessons since 7. i could probably pick up an instrument and be better than most people on it. i can play some Beetoven and classical stuff. i'm slipping away from that because guitar is taking over me. sometimes i like classical sometimes i want to mosh my brains out. i've been playing guitar for a little over a year. i just got a $650 guitar for x-mas. i take this band thing very seriously though.

i am very lucky. i have a quad, band, g/f(15:devil), all kind of stuff.

Striker49
01-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX
i'm not sure. i might just use my printer. it's a PhotoSmart 1000. HP makes it. it prints real nice. i might use it. depending on how much it costs and the quality difference i might just get them done somewhere.

yep. i'm 13 an will be 14 in 3 months. for my b-day we're going to play on my back porch and we'll have like 50 people moshing in my yard, i'll be sweet.

i'm musically talented. i've been playing piano since i was 6 and taking lessons since 7. i could probably pick up an instrument and be better than most people on it. i can play some Beetoven and classical stuff. i'm slipping away from that because guitar is taking over me. sometimes i like classical sometimes i want to mosh my brains out. i've been playing guitar for a little over a year. i just got a $650 guitar for x-mas. i take this band thing very seriously though.

i am very lucky. i have a quad, band, g/f(15:devil), all kind of stuff.

I would suggest taking it to a professional...the covers are gonna run alot of ink and it may end up coasting you more in the long run. And if you take it to a pro, you can have it resized properly to fit a CD case. And, if he needs to take the black part (including my sig) off of the left side to get it to fit, then do it.

Look forward to seeing, and hearing the final product. :D

TC17
01-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Look forward to seeing, and hearing the final product. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. now we have a big problem i just thought about.:(. copyright. this isn't cheep. my parents are going to call around and see how much Copyrights are. if someone who can play guitar good like me, they won't have a problem figuring out what i'm playing and they could take my song. so i'm not sure if i can get the song out by next weekend. i'll try my best though.

TC17
01-05-2003, 07:15 PM
bump

TC17
01-05-2003, 07:25 PM
here's my guitar. i think i posted this before. Gibson is the best company for guitar. they are all newar 1,000. they make another company called Epiphone which is basically the same. their guitars are a little cheaper. mine is $650. and here it is. sound quality is just as great as it looks!

stocktires
01-05-2003, 07:26 PM
I can't wait to hear a sample! Lyrics would be a plus

TC17
01-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
I can't wait to hear a sample! Lyrics would be a plus

yeah. we tried lyrics. they didn't work. we would need a singer. we don't have one yet and we dont' know what lyrics we would sing. i wish we had lyrics too. i tried lyrics to a song one day it didn't sound bad until other people heard it. so i think lyrics would hurt the CD cause we don't have a singer and they lyrics we come up with are stupid and senseless.

stocktires
01-05-2003, 08:05 PM

yeah. we tried lyrics. they didn't work. we would need a singer. we don't have one yet and we dont' know what lyrics we would sing. i wish we had lyrics too. i tried lyrics to a song one day it didn't sound bad until other people heard it. so i think lyrics would hurt the CD cause we don't have a singer and they lyrics we come up with are stupid and senseless.

who said they had to make sence? :p j/j

JOEX
01-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by stocktires

who said they had to make sence? :p j/j
Ain't that the truth!LOL...As long as they make sense to the writer it's all good!

Definately check onto the copywrite stuff before releasing...

Good Luck, Joe

flyin#5
01-05-2003, 08:34 PM
have you copywrited your name yet? or even checked if it was copywrited? my cuzin raps and hes really good, he just came out with a cd and he got it professionally done and the cover is way nicer than any printer could ever do.

QuadJunkies
01-06-2003, 12:22 AM

i am very lucky. i have a quad, band, g/f(15:devil), all kind of stuff. congradulations...:D :D Maybe Ill have to check it out.. im always looking for new music...;)

TC17
01-06-2003, 02:52 PM
i'm getting lyrics from some nice people on here. we might have a singer for this Friday's band. i'll post pics of us playing and stuff. my g/f too:blah! if i like the lyrics and they fit to one of our good songs, i'll try them out and hopefully they fit. i'm still working out who is getting what. brian and i want to get 50 each cause we made all of our songs up and can play them no problem. dee, didn't make any of the songs up and can play half of them. so i don't think it's fair to pay her a couple hundred for being able to play a couple songs. so we'll have this worked out. we're going to talk to my guitar teacher about copyright when i see him next. i just came up with a rough copy of a song today and i like it. it's heavier but i like it.

trx400ex
01-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Here is an idea, have your girlfriend sing, and put some nice pics of her on the inside of the cover..if i remeber she is hott, then that cd will sell like hotcakes. (Hotcakes? lol what was i thinking)

bansheeguy77
01-06-2003, 03:27 PM
you should have a female and a male vocalist....that would be cool. is your guitar a les paul?? im getting an ibanez or esp very soon im pumped :D :macho

TC17
01-06-2003, 03:38 PM
my dad has a Gibson Explorer and a an Epiphone Les Paul. they are nice guitars. i have a Ephiphone Demon. unfortunately my g/f can't sing as good as she looks. i'll post pics of her. but i'm prob not going to put her in the CD cause people would get jealous:blah. lol. and we won't be together for the rest of of our lives that i know. a couple months. in fact, i might not even have the same g/f by the time the CD comes out. we'll see though. if things are going great and everything i mite put in "current" g/f.

that would be very cool to have a female and male vocalist. we might be getting a male vocalist as i said. but that's a cool idea. she tried to sing "She f****** hates me" by Puddle of Mudd and that didn't go to well. so i don't know how she would sing a song i make up. she would have input ot change but i doubt that would work. that's not one of her good spots if you know what i mean.;)

2fastandfurious
01-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Cool. Can't wait to buy a copy. Maybe I will add one of your songs to my ATV Music video!
-Ben
The names PIMP, B ITCH!

TC17
01-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
you should have a female and a male vocalist....that would be cool. is your guitar a les paul?? im getting an ibanez or esp very soon im pumped :D :macho

my dad has a Gibson Explorer he's selling(sacrafice to get new stuff(400EX)). he has a Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop. and it's a really nice guitar. it's a 70 something. it is in almost perfect condition and sounds great! my guitar is a Epiphone Demon. i posted a pic of it on the second page. ibanez and esp are very nice guitars. i would go with ESP though. i've read about them and heard they sound great. same with ibanez though. i think more professionals use ESP. most have Epiphone or Gibson. but some of the higher brand names don't make cheaper guitars. fortuanately mine isn't cheap:blah.

TC17
01-06-2003, 08:29 PM
bump

RideRed04
01-06-2003, 09:02 PM
I dont know of many big names that use eppi's, but for high end, most guitars are good. My main gripe with eppis is that you need to re-wire them to fix the cheap wiring they come with. I love strats, they arent the best guitar, but they just play so nice...lol. Ever play an srv strat? If not, do it, that thing is amazing!

TC17
01-08-2003, 08:38 PM
good news. brian is getting new drum heads. good news. there are 2 new members to the band which makes us 5 now. Andy can do some backing guitar that'll help me do lead. it's kind hard to do both at the same time and sound good. we should have the new heads for the CD which will make it soung good. does anyone know how much is it to copyright something? cause i don't have thousands or even hundreds. i have been saving a 10 dollar bill on my dresser for months. i lost the 5 and almost shot myself.

TC17
01-09-2003, 04:13 PM
i have the common cold. but we're still having band tomorrow and we'll try our best to get a good sample song for everyone to listen to either tomorrow night or Saturday night.

we plan on doing 2 or 3 songs a week. that means that we will have the recording part of the CD done by February 3rd. so i need people an idea of how many people are going to buy it. then once we have copies you can pm your adress. it will probably take a week to put the CD together. deciding what pictures we want inside the CD, what will go on the label of the CD, the back, what songs we use, if we need more songs, putting the pictures together, etc.

i'll post pics of us tom night around 9. i'm going bowling w/ my g/f so i dunno if i'll be able to.

TC17
01-10-2003, 03:23 PM
well it's finally Friday, the day i've been waiting for for weeks. brian will be here in an hour to record. we actuall probably won't record tonight. i have 3 song ideas i want to show him. they sound cool. we might be able to get a sample song on tonight but it's doubtful. tom night is more likely. i'm not sure if this will work but...we're going to record a sample song to my dad's laptop, add it to my shared folder and then people should just be able to download it. i'm not sure if it'll work. i was looking through our songs again and we only have like 5. i have about 3 more ideas and we'll come up with more tonight though. our goal is 2 or 3 songs a week.

oh. and pics should be on tonight depending if i remeber.:rolleyes:

TC17
01-10-2003, 04:53 PM
bump

87Warrior
01-10-2003, 07:54 PM
im working with someone, to make a CD. it should be done in a few.... months......or more.

i have an epiphone, and yes gibson IS the best, epiphone is second:D

we are shooting for the same thing, 10 tracks 5 bills, something lke that...

if you want to try something i wrote (i think) lookie at this:
standard tune, wrote it in 90 seconds

-D-7-8-7-8-5-7-8-7-8-10------7-8-7-8-5-7-8-10-8-7

TC17
01-10-2003, 10:16 PM
here are the pics...this one is of me. just took it now. just goofing around.

TC17
01-10-2003, 10:17 PM

TC17
01-10-2003, 10:18 PM
one of brian and his muscles:rolleyes:

TC17
01-10-2003, 10:25 PM
i went bowling tonight with some friends. this one kid was like want chew? i was like uh no. he said good cause it's addicting. all of them were smoking. there was 2 16 year old girls that came up to me, they were REALLY hot. but, one was like licking the other girls ear and she said i was hot and stuff. and this guy with the gotee flipped out on me cause he's been trying with her for like months and she likes me not him and he's like 17 and i'm 14. lol. they were humping everything and everybody. they had like nothing on. it was nuts. that was the orange band around my wrist. my "almost g/f" got mad when the girl came over and said that.:rolleyes:

my "almost g/f" didn't like me so that is me a little mad.

TC17
01-10-2003, 10:25 PM
notice the perfectly spiked hair^:blah

Bean
01-10-2003, 11:36 PM
if she aint your girl, F her, who cares

own2424
01-10-2003, 11:44 PM
one of brian and his muscles:rolleyes: AHHHH...put those guns away!

Striker49
01-11-2003, 12:37 AM
You're a crazy kid...have to hand that one to ya. :p

TC17
01-11-2003, 11:01 AM
YAY! i finally found the camer. we'll take some more pics. i'll put them on in a min. AND GUESS WHAT! we might be able to have the sample song on Kazaa in 2 hours!

holy crap. now that i look at myself, i have some muscle in my wrists were you get arm pump. lol. time to take pics.

QuadJunkies
01-11-2003, 11:45 AM
YAY! i finally found the camer. we'll take some more pics. i'll put them on in a min. AND GUESS WHAT! we might be able to have the sample song on Kazaa in 2 hours!

holy crap. now that i look at myself, i have some muscle in my wrists were you get arm pump. lol. time to take pics. cool!!!:blah :D

MILF_HUNTER
01-11-2003, 12:37 PM
In regards to the flexin pics

Whoa somebody better call the Zoo Theres a couple of Pythons on the loose. lol Kids.... lmao

TC17
01-11-2003, 01:13 PM
here is the news...i played my guitar track PERFECT!!!!! it was originally like 1 1/2 mintues. this time it was 2 1/2 minutes and everything was PERFECT! except, the settings on the computer were messed up and there was WAY too much distortion and it doesn't sound good. maybe we can fix it. i hope we can. if we can fix it, we'll add drums(perfect first time), bass a little playing with and that'll be done. then, we'll be done with it. we'll download it to the internet and you guys will be able to hear it in about an hour or 2.

87Warrior
01-11-2003, 02:06 PM

dude, you're built like chester bennington, lol

TC17
01-11-2003, 02:22 PM
was that a complement? i used to like him. he was cool until he started that hip hop junk. i liked them when they actually "used" the guitar.

we are having more technical problems. we'll get them worked out. there is a 50/50 we will have it down tonight. or by tom. either way, you'll be able to hear the song soon.

BassBunny26
01-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey that other picture sux man....here's a better pic of ur bassist...ME! lol haha!

BassBunny26
01-11-2003, 02:37 PM
shoot its not working!!!

BassBunny26
01-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Ok here we go...check out this link....i got some few good pix of myself...! Anthony these are better!!

Pix!!![URL=http://hometown.aol.com/sugarbunny4126/]

Check it out....please

RideRed04
01-11-2003, 08:23 PM
lets try this:
http://hometown.aol.com/sugarbunny4126

http://hometown.aol.com/sugarbunny4126

flyin#5
01-11-2003, 09:45 PM
wierd, ridered you and bassbunny have the same town name just in diff states

BassBunny26
01-11-2003, 11:12 PM
OMG and RideRed04's b-day is the day after mine!! (mines June 26) omg scary!! lol! :devil ;)

TC17
01-12-2003, 07:02 PM
yes dee, you are scary.:D