PDA

View Full Version : Florida

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 09:39 AM
anyone kno any good atv shops down there just for aperal and billet stuff im gonna be down by orlando for TWO WEEKS and of corse im gonna be doing alot of bass fishing

06-17-2009, 10:02 AM
theres a lot of shops but it seems you cant find what your looking for in just one. I know my local shop has just been putting out less and less due to the economy so you go in there and theres not a whole lot to look at anymore. Its about an hour drive from Orlando. Cool to check out the history there signed helmets, posters and jerseys from just about every big name pro that stopped in. Troy Lee has a few signed helmets in there, there are Jerseys from championship races from the person that won signed still dirt stains and all from the race. Nitro Circus crew was just there again in 2008 filming and they signed some stuff. Seriously dirt bike rider wise if they were big they were probally there and signed something and its hanging up. ATV rider wise they are getting more in recent years. All the companies have been coming and hiding out testing their new models along with race teams getting a feel for their new machines. I saw the KFX450 long before it was released, saw the KTM Adam McGill and someone else cant think of the name i'll never forget seeing the KTM trailer then flying down a trail and here comes flying past me going the other way 2 pros on this wild looking new orange machine. Passed them a few times and got some good looks at the quad. Joe Byrd was here when he switched to Elka I believe he was dialing in his suspension.

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
im gonna be about an hour away from orlando

859davidt
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
In my 22 years of ATV Racing experience, I have never seen Joe Byrd ride on a set of Elka's. What is the name of your local shop?

exrider12
06-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Joe Byrd runs Axis Pro Airs. Not Elkas...:huh

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
whats the name of your shop and what town is it in im gonna be in winter haven

motofreak2772
06-17-2009, 10:09 PM
whoa I live in winter haven...
You can go to sky powersports, honda of winter haven, cycles unlimited, and fun bike center.
I've even seen this lil atv mx shop a il bit down the street from honda of winter haven but Ive never been. Fun bike would probably be the best and cycles unlimited is probably the closest but I dont think its that good of a shop, but you might be able to find somethin there.

as for fishing.... there are thousands of lakes and a bass pro shop around here. I hate fishing but everyone around here loves it. My friends are going to lake dexter they say it has a bunch of bass.

motofreak2772
06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
are you bringing your quad down here? if so, we should ride.
when you coming anyways?

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 10:20 PM
i aint bringing my qaud i wish im taking a plane down there ill be fishing alot do you know where lake ned is or the audobon bird place or whatever im like a 1/4 mile away are those shops in winter haven right

motofreak2772
06-17-2009, 10:30 PM
yeah I know where lake ned is lol. I bike there all the time. thats a pretty nasty lake though... we used to jump in it with our bikes. lake dexter is right around there. Are you staying with someone who knows the area?
yeah well those shops are kind of near here, like within 30 min distance.
you should come to the track and just wach.

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 10:35 PM
maybe i will, ill be down there like two weeks so maybe, staying with my granpa ,he knows the area pretty well what kinda bike you runnin?but we will have to keep in touch lol:devil:

06-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 859davidt
In my 22 years of ATV Racing experience, I have never seen Joe Byrd ride on a set of Elka's. What is the name of your local shop?

damn, you know I can never get Joe Byrd and John Natalie right, idk why i get them mixed up all the time. I know the faces and know the names but when I go to talk about something I forget who is who haha. Yeah I was talking about Natalie. Local shop is OAS.

http://www.atvriders.com/interviews/johnnatalie2006.html

motofreak2772
06-17-2009, 10:50 PM
EDIT: lol nvm I didnt read your long post lol about the suspension.
my mom did some shirts for oas but Ive never been there, do they have like an actual shop? I see them at dade city all the time.

06-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
EDIT: lol nvm I didnt read your long post lol about the suspension.
my mom did some shirts for oas but Ive never been there, do they have like an actual shop? I see them at dade city all the time.

come check it out this Sunday a bunch of us are riding out at Croom, people are setting up a fathers day picnic. Yeah OAS is an actual shop. The back section is closed off now you used to be able to go back there and it was all hard parts and you would see where they work on things. Now its just the front part mostly gear but you can get just about anything ordered. Real nice people in there.

motofreak2772
06-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Ive never been to crooms before. Is it mostly trails or do they have a track? I think someone said they have a track like set up there, so is it worth it?

gcart2
06-18-2009, 03:48 PM
whoa I live in winter haven...
You can go to sky powersports, honda of winter haven, cycles unlimited, and fun bike center.
I've even seen this lil atv mx shop a il bit down the street from honda of winter haven but Ive never been. Fun bike would probably be the best and cycles unlimited is probably the closest but I dont think its that good of a shop, but you might be able to find somethin there.

as for fishing.... there are thousands of lakes and a bass pro shop around here. I hate fishing but everyone around here loves it. My friends are going to lake dexter they say it has a bunch of bass.

that little shop is mx central, about three minutes from my house.

for fishing lake kissimee, lake hatchinuhal (spelling is wayyyyy off) are some of the best.

im goin to daytona saturday!!! im ready lol. if anyone wants to go ridin crooms sunday let me know.

edit: if i go out to crooms come hang out with me man, my names sam, you know what my bike looks like lol. maybe i can talk you into hittin that double.

crooms is a lot of sand with little tracks, dunes, hill climbs, trails etc. cost like 35 bucks for the rest of june. buy a pass in july and its like sixty but its good all year.

if i go this is my rig, i will likely have a sixteen foot enclosed behind it though.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/gcart2/DSC08460.jpg

06-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Ive never been to crooms before. Is it mostly trails or do they have a track? I think someone said they have a track like set up there, so is it worth it?

Its mixed, I love it because it has just about everything in it. A lot hate it because of the whoops but hey Florida shaped the best riders out there from the sand. I hear a lot of MX riders call Croom good training and practice because of the whoops, is it really that bad or am I used to it? Theres no official track, basically you can make it with your tires slinging and a shovel. Some nice natural stuff that with a little shaping for 15 minutes could bring you joy the whole day.

gcart2
06-19-2009, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Its mixed, I love it because it has just about everything in it. A lot hate it because of the whoops but hey Florida shaped the best riders out there from the sand. I hear a lot of MX riders call Croom good training and practice because of the whoops, is it really that bad or am I used to it? Theres no official track, basically you can make it with your tires slinging and a shovel. Some nice natural stuff that with a little shaping for 15 minutes could bring you joy the whole day.

its not that bad. the only bad part is right by the parking, where the big berm is. they can swallow a quad.