PDA

View Full Version : Drivers ed

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 08:18 AM
im in drivers ed right now and its boring as hell

why is it that they have to ask simple repetative questions all the time?

anyone share my frustration?

kawabunga
06-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Repetition is the key to learning.
And the simple ones are the ones that will bite you in the @ss later because you're not paying attention to them now.

Pay attention so you don't end up like this person...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/kawabunga/Picture4.png

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by kawabunga
Repetition is the key to learning.
And the simple ones are the ones that will bite you in the @ss later because you're not paying attention to them now.

Pay attention so you don't end up like this person...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/kawabunga/Picture4.png

:p
very true

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 08:39 AM
i chose not to take drivers ed this year cause i can ride my quad any where cars go thats what you get for living in a small town:devil:

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 08:42 AM
thats not fair, i live in the middle of F'in nowhere, i want to ride my quad on the road:scary:

*EDIT*
that is the next quad i get(400ex or 450R), my 250 could never keep up:p

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 08:43 AM
it burns up your tires quick though

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 08:47 AM
even street tires?

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 08:49 AM
i aint got enough money for street tires or i would get some:devil:

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by timmy400exfast
i aint got enough money for street tires or i would get some:devil:

ha, true
what kinda gearing do you have?
what will the quad top out at?

Tommy Warren
06-17-2009, 08:51 AM
doesn't matter what tires you use on the road every time you turn they wear a little its like driving a rear wheel drive truck with diff lock. A tire has to slide every time you turn

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 08:54 AM
mine will go about 65-70 my gearing ill post it in a min gotta check lol i think its stock but im not sure but im running 22 inch holeshots that helps alot with speed

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 08:55 AM
mine will go about 65-70 my gearing ill post it in a min gotta check lol i think its stock but im not sure but im running 22 inch holeshots that helps alot with speed

:cool:
is that almost at the rev limiter 65-70?

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 08:58 AM
im runnin 16/39 gearing and yea she gets up to the limiter sometimes

XCRacer236
06-17-2009, 09:17 AM
my DE was bad***. we could talk and do whatever we wanted, text, eat/drink. and only had 1 simple worksheet a day. and a test every friday. it was the easiest thing ive ever done.

Quad18star
06-17-2009, 09:38 AM
My dad was my Drivers Ed teacher .... he told me if I f'k up and put a scratch on his truck that I was dead. That was enough to make me drive carefully.

Now I'm teaching my fiancee how to drive ... we put in a few hours lastnight , learning how to parallel park , back into parking spaces , etc. She's learning pretty quickly.

I never took drivers ed , I always found it to be a waste of money. They say it saves you lots on insurance , but the money saved on insurance is made up in the cost of the course. :o

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
my DE was bad***. we could talk and do whatever we wanted, text, eat/drink. and only had 1 simple worksheet a day. and a test every friday. it was the easiest thing ive ever done.

we do too, but ours is crammed into just 1 week

exrider272
06-17-2009, 11:43 AM
im taking it next year since i dont have a ride two and from there everyday... and ill be gettin my licence in 2 months anyway so it will just be easyer to take it next year..

fastredrider44
06-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Now I'm teaching my fiancee how to drive ...

Is she a bad driver, or is she really that young that she doesn't know how yet?

My driver's ed was sweet. Any day my group didn't have to drive, we would skip out and go est somewhere nice for lunch. It was like having 1 1/2 hours to kill 4 days a week.

exrider12
06-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I take my drivers ed July 22-29. One straight week. Hopefully it'll be ok. I get my permit in September and my truck will soon follow.

Either a Nissan Titan, Ford F150 or Chevy 1500. Any input?

Quad18star
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Is she a bad driver, or is she really that young that she doesn't know how yet?

She's a rookie driver ... and she's 26. She never got her license when she turned 16. So now I'm teaching her how to drive , basically cuz she has no choice , she's moving away for a year to finish University and I won't be there to drive her butt around.

I remember when I did my driving test ... rush hour in the middle of a freakin snow storm driving my old man's 94 Dodge Ram. Slapped her into 4x4 and took off driving . Did a bunch of left hand turns , a bunch of right hand turns , driving through a school zone , parking uphill and finally backing the truck inbetween two cars in the parking lot. Took me a whole 15 minutes for the driving test.

06-17-2009, 01:26 PM
drivers ed... I guess a lot of people should have taken it theres so many terrible drivers on the road no wonder why people get road rage. I think just about everytime I have driven in the daytime I have shaken my head at someone and said dumbass. People cant go the speed limit or stay at a constant speed, people run lights and cut people off... seriously its dangerous out there with so many idiots that cant drive. The worst is when someone makes the effort to pull out in front of you rather than wait for you to pass and theres nobody behind you and then they go slow! I want to NASCAR bump draft and spin them out then pull them out of the vehicle and beat them saying what the hell is wrong with you. Or people pull that stunt when a motorcycle is coming and the motorcycle has to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid slamming into the back of someone. If I were president it would be illegal to drive under the speed limit and you would get a beating and jail time for everytime you do something stupid like that. Burnout and fast accelerating would be considered normal haha

fastredrider44
06-17-2009, 03:11 PM
She never got her license when she turned 16. .

:eek2: I COULDN'T WAIT to turn 16. Proof being, I got pulled over at 14. :devil: Never understood how people didn't get that excited about driving.

Quad18star
06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
:eek2: I COULDN'T WAIT to turn 16. Proof being, I got pulled over at 14. :devil: Never understood how people didn't get that excited about driving.

Never had an extra vehicle at home and her paychecks from part time jobs went to help put food on the kitchen table. I've gotta admit I'm pretty impressed .... she did 2 years of college and 4 years of University all by taking the bus . LOL

powermadd400ex
06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
thats not fair, i live in the middle of F'in nowhere, i want to ride my quad on the road:scary:

*EDIT*
that is the next quad i get(400ex or 450R), my 250 could never keep up:p

dude me to, its pretty much sucks.
ive been in drivers ed all week. im glad tommorow is my last day :p
the worst part is the teacher hates me cause i said that i raced quads...he thought i said cars :ermm:

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
dude me to, its pretty much sucks.
ive been in drivers ed all week. im glad tommorow is my last day :p
the worst part is the teacher hates me cause i said that i raced quads...he thought i said cars :ermm:

hey man, you just live at the top of the state, we need to figure out if we really can here in good old gee-ore-gia:)

powermadd400ex
06-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
hey man, you just live at the top of the state, we need to figure out if we really can here in good old gee-ore-gia:)

haha yea man i know
my buddy in chatsworth can ride on the road most of the time. where bouts do you live other than the middle? haha

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
little town called zebulon, its about 50 miles south of ATL

my freind told me about a guy he knew a while back that put a slow moving vehicle sign on the back of some utility quad, geared it higher and rode the street and never once heard anything from cops

powermadd400ex
06-17-2009, 06:02 PM
is that close to durham town?

thats crazy, my luck i would still get pulled over.

Ruby Soho
06-17-2009, 08:42 PM
never took drivers ed.. most of the kids in my grade did, and most of them got into accidents, some multiple times.

just goes to show how much that works

06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
My dad was my Drivers Ed teacher .... he told me if I f'k up and put a scratch on his truck that I was dead. That was enough to make me drive carefully.

Now I'm teaching my fiancee how to drive ... we put in a few hours lastnight , learning how to parallel park , back into parking spaces , etc. She's learning pretty quickly.

I never took drivers ed , I always found it to be a waste of money. They say it saves you lots on insurance , but the money saved on insurance is made up in the cost of the course. :o

.... How do you get your license without taking Drivers Ed? It's required here... :huh

06-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Nova
.... How do you get your license without taking Drivers Ed? It's required here... :huh

ha that sucks. I think Florida is relaxed for drivers license because there are so many damn idiots and old ****s that cant see or drive here

Quad18star
06-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Nova

Not here .

Up here in Ontario we have a 3 step system.

Step 1 which is reffered to as G1 involves you going in and writting a 3 pages test ... all multiple choice . Basically it gives you a scenario and you pick the best answer ... or they'll show you a pic of a Yield sign and you have to identify it and what it means .

Once you have your G1 , you have to wait 12 months before you can move onto the next step ( 8 months if you take a Drivers Ed course) . During those 12 months you have to drive with a licensed driver and have restrictions on highways you can travel on ( nothing over 50 MPH) , times of day ( no driving between midnight and 5 am) and 0 blood alcohol.

Next is the G2 . To get your G2 you have to do a driving test with a license issueing officer. Right turns, left turns, stops, parallel parking , parking on hills , 3 point turns etc. Takes a whole 15 minutes to do. You then have to wait another 12 months to move onto the next test. During these 12 months , you're allowed to drive alone and on major highways .... only restriction is 0 blood alcohol .

Next is your G license test. It's another driving test which lasts about 30 minutes . Basically you go through all that you've learned and it's your final test. Once you pass it you're officially a fully licensed driver and all you have to do is keep renewing your license every 5 years. until you're old and grey.

So that's our system of licensing . Takign Drivers Ed reduces your waits from 12 months to 8 months before moving onto the next tests.

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 10:59 PM
ha that kinda sounds like it sucks lol:devil:

hondariderdylan
06-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
is that close to durham town?

thats crazy, my luck i would still get pulled over.

its about a 45 minute drive
i havent been there yet though:mad:

Quad18star
06-18-2009, 07:30 AM
ha that kinda sounds like it sucks lol:devil:

Not really . Basically after you do your first Road test , you're free to driving on your own and the only restriction is your blood alcohol level ... which for me was hardly even a big deal because I don't drive when I've been drinking , and neither does my fiancee.

mittman
06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I had my permit for 3 months before I had drivers ed. It was pretty stupid for me to have to do it but my school said I needed to. I normally left class to go hang out with other people only cause I didnt have to do anything. My drivers test was easy was snowing and I was in my moms jeep he tested my knowledge on the controls(20sec) then it was time to parallel park he said you got it easy today I said why and he said they plowed the parking lot and the cones were moved he said you have about 6 extra feet to work with then I was off for the rest of the test was only about a 1-2miles long I made 3 lefts and 2 rights and I was done.

powermadd400ex
06-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
never took drivers ed.. most of the kids in my grade did, and most of them got into accidents, some multiple times.

just goes to show how much that works

weird, GA requires you to take it and pass a test. i think the law is called Joshua's Law.

but yea man you need to hit up durhamtown, its awesome! its a 3 hour drive for me, should be going back this summer :D

hondariderdylan
06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
ill let you know if im going, maybe we can meet up;)

powermadd400ex
06-18-2009, 08:45 PM
sounds good dude