View Full Version : Wrist saver anyone have one?

HiperEX
01-05-2003, 12:24 PM
I was just lookin throught the jl catalog and i seen the wrist saver it looks like it could help stop some of the steering stems from bending is it really worth it to buy one?

HiperEX
01-05-2003, 12:26 PM
sorry for such a big picture i dont know how to resize them

phatswinn
01-05-2003, 12:50 PM
yes but buy one from the quadshop there much better quality and they are tunable

wheeltrax
01-05-2003, 01:08 PM
I know that there are alot of companys that make those and are really good. the tunable and rebuildable ones are best. I hear that they are one of the best things to add on for comfort.

Tommy 17
01-05-2003, 01:20 PM
thats not a wrist saver... thats a steerin stablaizer... that makes it so the bars don't get jerked outta ur arms... it sorta makes the bars harder to turn but not so hard that u can't turn them... they have differnt adjustments to make it softer or harder...

houser makes a wrist rester... its a totaly differnt thing...

here is the wrist rester from houser racing...

Juggalo
01-05-2003, 01:26 PM
i've always wondered how good those wrist resters really worked

RED121572
01-05-2003, 01:57 PM
"The Vibra-stop" LOL LOL Whatta name! lol Sounds like a toy for the bedroom. lol

I wouldnt pay 3 dollars for something called, "The Vibra-stop" lol

Denton makes a good stabilizer. Ive spoken with them by phone before....great people to deal with!

Sparks425Ex
01-05-2003, 02:09 PM
The Denton Rebuildable is the best stabilizer out. ALong with the Muscle damper. Contact Jeff at the QuadShop and he can get ya one.

forum
01-05-2003, 02:10 PM
i just ordered a wrost wrester. I'll give a report once i get some time on my machine. it will be a few months though. the yzf is in the build!.

Crypted1
01-06-2003, 12:56 AM
I have a Wristrester on my my quad. I love it. It took some getting used to, but now I wonder how I ever raced with out it. It really does take the shock out of a hard landing, or landing with the nose pitched too far foward. Mine is set to move about 5\8ths an inch, some guys don't like that much movement, but thats what I'm used to. If anybody is insterested I'll run a spechial on them!;)

dhines
01-06-2003, 06:50 AM
Yeah, my dad and I have been using the wristrester for over a year now. Like Crypted said it is a little strange feeling at first but by placing a small piece of flat wood at the back of the device, I was able to take up almost all of the free play and I really can't imagine running without one now.

airheadedduner
01-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Thats good info to know. I was considering one cause I have broke both my wrist before and they give me troble. Do they help arm pump any too??

Crypted1
01-06-2003, 10:48 AM
It does seem to help arm pump a bit.

Dhines, I'm currious, why did yu have to use a block of wood??? Mine bolted right up no problems.

YLW400
01-06-2003, 10:57 AM
What kind of special are we talking about Crypted? I don't even know what the normally run price wise, but it sounds like an interesting concept.

Crypted1
01-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Retail is $220.00. I'll sell them for $199.00;)

dhines
01-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Crypted,

I put a thin piece of wood in between the white plastic sleeve and the back of the unit to take up the 1/4" slack it had before it hit the piston. I just didn't like it smacking back and forth as much as it did. It's much smoother now.

Airhead,

Yeah, I think they help with arm pump. It really helps to take a lot of the vibration out of the bars. By the end of a two hour race, I think you can really tell the difference.

Best,

Dennis

froggy97
01-07-2003, 01:28 PM
i just got my cast 's cut of my arms 2 weeks ago and i plan on getting the anti-vibe steering stem and maybe the wrist rester later but i got these wrist wrap for weight lifting and the seem to help too, but my wrists are still pretty soreright now so i have to take it easy for a while so that means no racing until i feel they are strong enough again, that sucks

by the way in the crash i bent both front rims and my renthal handlebars

DGR Designs
01-07-2003, 02:31 PM
how in heII does that contraption mount up? (the wrist wrester)
~Dave

airheadedduner
01-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by froggy97
i just got my cast 's cut of my arms 2 weeks ago and i plan on getting the anti-vibe steering stem and maybe the wrist rester later but i got these wrist wrap for weight lifting and the seem to help too, but my wrists are still pretty soreright now so i have to take it easy for a while so that means no racing until i feel they are strong enough again, that sucks

by the way in the crash i bent both front rims and my renthal handlebars

Dude, whatever you do do not wear a wrist brace unless you absolutly need it. I learned the hard way. If you wear a brace you become relient on it and it will take longer to heal.

01-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by roost_maker
how in heII does that contraption mount up? (the wrist wrester)
~Dave

It replaces the top steering stem bushing....I'll be askin for one of those for my birfday...:devil