IRISH-RACER-14
06-17-2009, 06:39 AM
alot of adults watch it also man.. its not just for kids

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 07:25 AM
i used to

jcs003
06-17-2009, 07:28 AM
no, but boxing and UFC is great entertainment.

fasterblaster09
06-17-2009, 07:53 AM
I had never had the urge to watch wrestling in my life, but WWE came to my town week befre last so my and my g.f went (she watched it as a kid:o ). about 99% of it was boring as hell, and I have no urge to watch it again

k4f5x0r
06-17-2009, 07:56 AM
and i know im gunna be that guy, but how the hell do you beleive this stuff is real? Its like an old crappy western movie.

all the camera angles try to make it look like they are actually hitting eachother but its all bull**** or just a huge dramatization.

and im not hating on thigns like this in general, i actual enjoy UFC and boxing everyonce in a while.

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 08:10 AM
i cant stand UFC/tapout/MMA crap

its just a fad at the moment and all the punks that walk around with the shirts who think there cool will forget about it ater a while

just my .02$:D

jcs003
06-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
i cant stand UFC/tapout/MMA crap

its just a fad at the moment and all the punks that walk around with the shirts who think there cool will forget about it ater a while

just my .02$:D

thats what i thought. im a die hard boxing fan. but it has gotten to me. i seen a fight with that rampage jackson. a great fighter, shows technique. not just pound the ground crap. i hoipe it gets more technical like boxing...

boxing is a chess match.

quad2xtreme
06-17-2009, 08:44 AM
my 2 cents...

mma will draw some fans from boxing for a few years and then boxing will return.

With boxing, you have a chance to see a chess match with the two boxers changing strategies during the course of the fight. You get to see them display the skills that the sporting event is about. Would you pay to see Michael Phelps play tennis? This is the problem with MMA. You have 2 BJJ experts who stand for 3 rounds throwing punches. What fun is that?

With boxing, the better fighter can get knocked down and still resume to come back to win the fight. In MMA, there are so many flukes happening. Flukes make you not want to pay for PPV. I stopped watching MMA on PPV a long time ago. I now follow via sherdog and then watch video on youtube the next day...or even hours later.

derekhonda
06-17-2009, 09:16 AM
You guys really think the mma is going to fade out? I'll say this, I've never purchased a ppv before but I will go out to the bars to watch some fights on tv, but the real fun is your live local events, for 10 bucks its a great way to spend the evening. MMA isn't going anywhere.

timmy400exfast
06-17-2009, 09:20 AM
mma is awsome love ufc but i dont really like to pay 40$ just to watch three hours of it but people do i bet you dana white is rolling in the dough

quad2xtreme
06-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
You guys really think the mma is going to fade out? I'll say this, I've never purchased a ppv before but I will go out to the bars to watch some fights on tv, but the real fun is your live local events, for 10 bucks its a great way to spend the evening. MMA isn't going anywhere.

I don't think it is going to go away but I think it is at its peak. It definitely will never touch boxing at its peak. Boxing will never be what it once was either. Those years are over.

The Internet has had a huge impact on businesses. People now spend money for Internet each month. People now have the option of seeing this stuff get posted in near realtime. It used to be the only way to see Tyson fight was PPV (I didn't say Ali because he came up in the era of watching on regular TV until the tailend of his career).
I know I wouldn't pay for a Tyson fight again like I did in the day. Not if his 8 second fight was available on the web within an hour or two.

hondariderdylan
06-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
You guys really think the mma is going to fade out?

yes.:)

cdrookie
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
boxing isn't a chess match... it's DEAD! been dead for years! basically one guy punching and the other trying to hold on to him so he can't get punched. ref says to stop holding on and he continues to do it 100 more times or till he gets knocked out. in fact, a chess match is more exciting than boxing these days:ermm:

honda400ex68b
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by kdigginz
anybody watch wrestling?as in wwe?

used to follow it, until it got to predictable. they have done everything, its stale now, no new story lines. i went to one last november and not even a 1/3 of the arena was full. they blackout all the empty seats when its on tv. way too boring for me.