PDA

View Full Version : Since Open Forums covers just about anything...

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I thought I'd share a very cool ASL website that I've run across.

This is of intrest to me, due to my 10 y.o. son , Nickolas, is a special needs child, (Down Syndrome).
His greatest challenge has always been speech, and learning how to properly form his words, so we occaisionally use ASL sign language, to figure out what he's trying to say.

It has certainly helped to reduce his frustration level when trying to communicate.
I am in NO WAY fluent in ASL, and find myself often wondering how to sign a certain word or phrase.

it is easy to find still picture examples on the internet, of letters and some words, but this gives video examples of how to do specific words.

it's pretty cool, hope you enjoy, and maybe it might help you out sometime when needing to communicate with a deaf or speech impared person.

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/Sites/aslweb/browser.htm

06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
deffinately interesting i'll have some fun trying to put together sentences maybe one day it will come in handy.

honduh440
06-16-2009, 11:01 PM
that is pretty cool ....... now the deaf potential customer i come across about once every month i can communicate my message

06-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Crazy how something that looks so small can come in handy. My buddy's and I went to Wal-Mart to get some goldfish and we heard a lady screaming, turns out she worked there and my friend Brian knew how to sign. He said it was the first time he has ever had to use it aside from learning it.