PDA

View Full Version : fuel petcock?

tntauto1127
06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Anyone have problems with their fuel petcock? My daughters 08 DRR50 wasn't running right, seemed kinda flat. I was thinking clutching issues but I went to drain the fuel and put new in I noticed when I put it on reserve(which is where I have been running it) the fuel flow was about 1/2 - 3/4 of what it was when the petcock was in the on position. I had the filter off and the gas was flowing right out of the hose. Is this normal or should I look at replacing the petcock? Hopefully running it on the on position will solve my performance issue. I think it may have been starving for fuel and not letting the motor rev out. Thanks

Logan #34's Dad
06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I took my petcock out of the equation. I put on one of the 1/4" I.D. plastic in-line ones for like a lawn mower. (There is a much better metal one but I could not find one at the time.) Got mine at Tractor Supply. Also, get some see though Gas line at your local cycle shop with 1/4" I.D. NOW, I had to use car transmission rubber hose to fit over the large reserve outlet and a clamp on both ends to keep it tight. Block off the upper regular outlet. Get a high flow in-line filter and you should be set.
The Idea: larger I.D. equals more flow.