PDA

View Full Version : Any one know about these EBAY 330 kits?

JRN2786
06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
there only like $300 and come with the sleeve already in the cylinder... don't know if if case machining is required or not. sounds like a good deal just wondering if anyone has bought and tried one. thanks

Tommy Warren
06-17-2009, 05:48 AM
yeah from what I've heard you have to do some machining to get those to fit.... not worth the power increase in my opinion...sounds like you would lose a lot or reliability and thats the main reason people buy these bikes.

honda250xrider
06-17-2009, 06:19 AM
some 330 kits you can buy either come that all you need to do is press the sleeve into the cyclinder while others require case machining as well.

I personally ran a sleeve that required case machining, as the ones that do not require this taper down to have very thin walls which in turn would reduce reliability.

as far as reliability out of a 330 kit i would say would be a little less than stock, the main difference in reliability will come in depending on what cam, compression, head, tuning you select for yourself.

I had a 352 stroker motor that stayed together for quite some time and was raced quite often. I never blew this motor up but proceeded to upgrade to a 406 stroker motor. to give you an idea about reliability wise on these motors.

Tommy Warren
06-17-2009, 07:41 AM
how would the 406 hold up against a 400ex?

glatf70gg
06-29-2009, 01:25 PM
i have been running one of these kits for about 6mons now. it works great. i did have to machine the cases. i used a dremel while the motor was in the frame. just taped off the guts and vacummed out the shavings. also did a full white bros exhaust at the same time. it runs like a champ. very happy.

TRX-330
06-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Damn a 406, what size is the piston and where can you get a sleeve for one of these?

BM@Ronayers
06-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by glatf70gg
i have been running one of these kits for about 6mons now. it works great. i did have to machine the cases. i used a dremel while the motor was in the frame. just taped off the guts and vacummed out the shavings. also did a full white bros exhaust at the same time. it runs like a champ. very happy.

How much did you have to take off? How did the dremel work and what type of bit did you use?

glatf70gg
06-30-2009, 08:57 PM
I had to take off about 1/16" around the entire opening. i tried all kinds of bits, stone, sand disc, sand drums, and metal bits. i found the 40 or 60 grit sanding drum worked the best. i used carb cleaner on the inner cases to get a clean surface for the tape to stick to. then taped around the rod an entire opening, and don't forget to vacumm out any and all shavings before removing tape. just for precautionary measures i washed the guts out with two gallons of fresh oil. just remove the clutch cover and drain plug and it will all flow quite fast.