PDA

View Full Version : what is the difference in gripper seat covers and non grip?

dingo
01-05-2003, 11:34 AM
I a little confused about seat covers. people buy gripper seat covers, nonskid, med. I dont understand I thought you wanted to slide your butt a little to go around corners. Can I get some education.

DaveEX7
01-05-2003, 12:36 PM
well think of it like this.... u have ur stock NON - GRIP seat, and u juss Armour-All'd it (makes it shinier and slipprier) and ur goin around a turn.... ur gonna slide rite off the bike.....

but if u get a gripper seat, u dont have to worry about slidin off, its a lil extra insurance so u know u wont wreck while in a TT race or somethin

tants
01-05-2003, 01:03 PM
easy as this...

what would you race with?

brand new tires

or worn out tires?

you wanna stay put when you race. you can slide your butt still on the gripper seat. it doesnt allow you to slid off the seat when you shouldnt!

dingo
01-05-2003, 01:29 PM
allllllllllright! I get it. so they make light, med and heavy grip ? whats the best for woods and dune riding?

d-14 rider 27
01-06-2003, 11:26 PM
i like being able to slide around on the seat, i armorall it before each race. i dont have a problem with slidin off, cuz my big hind-end sinks right inot the foam, and i got a ***** groove wore just like on the couch lol:D and if anyone has a stock '02 black seat cover for a 400ex that says honda, not sportrax, let me know, i dont want a gripper

beerock
01-07-2003, 12:06 AM
LET ME TELL YOU

you do not want one of them gripper type seat covers......

you will get MONKEY BUT in less then 2 hours riding...
BAD RASH ON YOUR *****!!!!!

Its hard to explain the kind im talkin about but they arent the rubber ones. the rubber ones are good.

I have a ceet with the medium gripper and its great NO MONKEY BUT

STAY away form the coarse stuff!! REPEAT stay away from the coarse stuff:o

its bad bad baaaaad news!!!!

they werent jokin when they said "rip your pants off"

more like rip your ***** off... OUCH!!!!!
http://www.ceetracing.com/text/seats/grip_close%20.html

300exryder
01-07-2003, 06:38 AM
i have a ceet gripper seat cover -- no problems with "monkey butt" But then again, i dont sit down all that much, only when the quad is off and im taking a break.