PDA

View Full Version : some pics of my new quad,check em out

SRH
06-15-2009, 10:18 PM
its a 06 wolverine i just picked up, before anyone asks yes thats a seat belt , im paralyzed so i need a lil assistance to go at speed, also have edges on my floorboards

SRH
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
another

SRH
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
back view

feuerstack411
06-15-2009, 10:20 PM
looks good. props for keeping on riding

SRH
06-15-2009, 10:21 PM
last one

tri5ron
06-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by SRH
its a 06 wolverine i just picked up, before anyone asks yes thats a seat belt , im paralyzed so i need a lil assistance to go at speed, also have edges on my floorboards SRH, very cool,
(attitude, that is)... Enjoy it, and have fun.
I made up a couple of sayings years ago, and I think they might apply here.
the first one goes...

"It matters NOT, where the line is drawn in the sand.
What DOES matter,... is on which side we choose to stand!"

and the second one is...

"I prefer to Thrive on life,...
as opposed to Dwelling on it !"

Keep the rubber side down Bud,
Ron

Pappy
06-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Are you ready to battle me now ya gimpy bastid:eek: :devil:

Looks good, now get some action shots!

SRH
06-15-2009, 11:09 PM
haha i will i gotta find someone to snap some, thanks for all of the nice comments

MX MaNiAc 06
06-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice man! How did you hook that seatbelt up? Don't go too crazy cuz if you rolled you're not jumping off but I wouldn't imagine that is news to you. haha My buddy is getting more mobile by the day according to the most recent update.

SRH
06-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Nice man! How did you hook that seatbelt up? Don't go too crazy cuz if you rolled you're not jumping off but I wouldn't imagine that is news to you. haha My buddy is getting more mobile by the day according to the most recent update.

ive got 2 chairs so the one i use in my shop i removed the seat belt and popped my seat off to decide where it should be placed and folded the seat belt material over so it was double thickness,and then stapled it on like a seat cover with a 1/4" air stapler, im going to be doing a gncc in september so ive been out practicing and tagged a few tress and its kept me planted, the staples work because the belt's tension only pulls sideways on the staples and not outward, i leave it slacked when i ride because i have enough mobility to lean for corners but not enough strength or control to keep myself from falling off, so i leave it slacked enough to keep myself in the range where i can correct myself without an issue

i sort of had to decide, ok im either going to be on if i flip or fall off time to time., i figured there was a better chance of me falling off and went with the seat belt, i really wont push it to the point where im taking the risk of flipping, its not worth it, ive hit the ground hard enough to not want to do it again lol

thats good to hear, is he moving his arms yet?? positive attitude and support works wonders!

hypersnyper6947
06-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Nice work, good luck on your GNCC race. It is amazing the attitude you have towards riding and life in general, you could help a lot of people with the same injuries. Also you may want to think about marketing your modifications, (seat belt, floorboard edges) you could make some money and make it easier for other paralyzed people to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Cant wait to see some pics,.

Pappy
06-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Bill, there hs to be something better for riding like you intend to then a belt. Maybe a belt that will detach if enough force is applied like in a roll over so you dont end up under the quad.

We've got some intelligent folks up in here...someone has to be able to figure something out.

SRH
06-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Bill, there hs to be something better for riding like you intend to then a belt. Maybe a belt that will detach if enough force is applied like in a roll over so you dont end up under the quad.

We've got some intelligent folks up in here...someone has to be able to figure something out.

i was thinking about that as well, its kind of a double edged sword, for example when i clipped the tree i would of been eating bark if the belt didnt stop me but on the other hand in the event i flipped i dont want to be riding it out, i was thinking on looking at how skis work when they detach from the boots and seeing if i could get some sort of buckle to operate the same way, but my body would probably have to take some sort of impact before it would release, ive also thought about something like a quick release lever i could grab if i saw it coming

the thing with that is it happens so quickly chances are id be focused on saving my *** more than reaching for the release

so im open to any ideas, ive been troubleshooting this to death

i would love to do some sort of work with other guys in the same situation, ive found the doctors, hospitals, therapists etc pound nonsense into your head and place limitations on you that dont need to,plus there more than willing to give you any pain killer or anti depressant you want,im a happy guy in general and they made me consult with a psychologist in the hospital because i seemed upset...he told me i needed a antidepressant, i refused to take them and weened off pain meds asap to get my state of mind back where it was, its amazaing how much that garbage affects mood and state of mind, plus your so drawn back by the injury itself you accept thats how things will be , unfortunately some people never recover or pull themselves out of that rut, but with support from freinds and family and pappy reminding me from time to time that my brain works and i better make use of it , ive pretty much resumed my life where it left off less than a yr ago. i just took each thing as a challenge and found a way to put that piece back in the puzzle , the more id see things come together the more motivated i was to keep trucking along.

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 03:19 AM
Bill,
Just playing on what Pappy said a bit here, but what about something like a rear cargo bag mounted similar to mine, but with a few changes.

Since I'm not real sure of exactally what you need to keep you in a riding position, I'm just kind of shooting in the dark here...

so here's what I'm thinking.
If you do not necessarily need the belt to keep your butt planted DOWN the seat, ...
And mostly need something to keep your butt from sliding off side to side,...

Then how about if you were to mount a rear cargo bag that has some side "Wings".
Then stuff the bag full with some semi-stiff foam rubber, to create back and side supports that would "give" in the event of a unintentional dismount.

similar in idea to the back support and armrests that a person sitting on the back of a Goldwing has.
When I have my rear cargo bag on my quad, it is almost like having a bucket seat. naturally though, I've got it filled with gear, and it would not flex, or "crush down" like you might need.

so what I'm thinking is, if you had it stuffed full of a fairly firm grade of foam, then it could provide enough support to prevent you from sliding, but would also crush down and/or pad and protect you in the event that you were getting tossed off.

Heck, you could even make a small velcro belt that could rip away if you flipped, or maybe consider a couple of small velcro patches/strips sewn to the butt of your riding pants, and the matching halfs sewn into a custom seat cover. that way, as long as your weight was on them you'd pretty mch stay put, but if you were getting tossed, it would allow you to rip away from the bike. No need to think, or trying to have the time to grab some sort of quick release deal.
as long as you and the bike were basically going in the same direction, (up,down, left, right, etc.), the velcro would keep your butt on the seat.
but, in the event that you were getting tossed, (bike going one way - you going another), the velcro would be over powered, and rip away.

(either that, or you get tossed without your pants, and they stay on the seat ! LOL!)
so only use JUST ENOUGH, but not too much velcro!!! LOL!

(now I've got this sicko visual going with you sitting 5 feet off to the side of your quad,... It's upside down with the wheels spinning in the air,... and you wearing no pants! LOL!)
Sorry 'bout that,
but as Larry the Cable Guy would say,...
"I don't care who you are,...THAT'S A FUNNY ONE THERE!"

here is a pic of mine, and keep in mind that the bottle holders are removeable, providing a "deeper" butt area...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/03%20400ex/IMG_8420.jpg

here's a pic of me doing a wheelie, with a 9 year old kid on the back going for his very first ride.
(he kept forgetting to hold onto my waist, but he never left the seat, and we rode for about 30 minutes doing some pretty fast open desert trails, shooting some roost's, and even a few small whoops...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/03%20400ex/IMG_9201-1-1-1.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/03%20400ex/IMG_9200-1-1-1.jpg

for your application, I'm picturing something a little more like a wrap-around bag like this,...
then completly filled/packed, with a good firm foam rubber, cut to fit tightly inside the bag, thus creating a wrap-around seat, support, and "Butt-Keeper". it wouldn't weigh anything, and it just might work!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/wraparoundbag.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-BLACK-Deluxe-ATV-Cooler-Rack-Pack-Prairie-Grizzly_W0QQitemZ330336506429QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMo tors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ce997123d&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3A131 8

anyway, that's just kind of what popped into my head, and you can do what you want with it. Maybe it'll help inspire some other or better ideas. Just a thought.

and BTW-
You've OBVIOUSLY choosen to stand, on the right side of that line in the sand!
Thrive on Brother!!!

Ron

hskers82
06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
I applaud you on your outlook with your situation.It is not everyday that you find someone with the will to achieve anything they set their mind to when faced with an opstacle like paralysis.You are an inspiration to anyone whether they are paralized or not.

Quad18star
06-16-2009, 09:56 AM
You know , the velcro idea doesn't seem too outrageous really. A few heavy duty pieces sewn onto your riding pants and something rigged to have the opposite pieces on your seat would probably work. Same goes for maybe rigging pieces onto the side panels to keep your legs in place.

SRH
06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
i had thought about the base of a go kart seat which contours to your bottom and goes up in the back, but it might affect me getting on and off too, one of my buddies has one of those cargo bags ill see how it feels, velcro wouldnt be too bad , i actually have some ill play with it and see how it feels

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 11:16 AM
The thought also occured to me that you could stuff them full of styrofoam packing peanuts, but I figure those would smash down pretty easily, and not fluff back up real well.

here's a couple more bags that I found that are a bit cheaper...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/wraparoundbag2.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270406265080

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/BTuJfgBmkKGrHgoH-DQEjlLlt51ZBKI5W5Z.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220434207242

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I see where your going with the Gokart idea, but I dont think it would be too advisable to mount a hard plastic/fiberglass seatback that you may end up getting tangled up in during a set of whoops, or something worse.
I think it shoud be firm yet soft. Something that will hold you, but cant hurt you if you smash into it.

naturally You will be the better judge of that, I'm just ratteling off idea's here, and trying to put myself in your position.

how about something like this...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smallseatpack.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370137856994#ebayphotohosting

400exrider707
06-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Bill you are awesome man.

If only you guys heard his "preaching" after his accident. He tried talking all of us into selling our quads and getting out of it cause "it wasn't worth it"

He didn't even finish his sentence and he came out with ... "I'm thinking of getting a SxS though" Then that progressed into maybe I'll race a SxS.... then into Oh I bought a 4x4... into I'm racing Unadilla...

Your a riot dude. Like I said if you still want me to be your goggle bich at Unadilla I'm there for ya bud.

Quad looks good with the graphics on there too. Also if you need anything custom made or come up with any ideas for more restraint stuff or anything that you could use to help keep your butt planted, let us know man, we can make anything you need and it wont cost you a dime. Heck even if it doesn't work you wont be out anything. Feel free to toss some ideas out to me. We need to come up again to ride and maybe we can discuss some ideas for your couch...errrr 4x4.

400exrider707
06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i had thought about the base of a go kart seat which contours to your bottom and goes up in the back, but it might affect me getting on and off too, one of my buddies has one of those cargo bags ill see how it feels, velcro wouldnt be too bad , i actually have some ill play with it and see how it feels

Not to mention if you did roll and you were still planted that back lip of the go-cart seat would definitely do some serious damage to you.

Honestly I think velcro is probably one of the best ideas. I'd be even more worried with the seat belt if you flipped over near water man...

SRH
06-16-2009, 08:21 PM
yeah the water thing makes me a bit nervous, or like a rocky hill

im debating on a neck brace.. i dont think i will wear one for the fact i have 2 6-8 inch titanium rods in my back and i kinda need the flexibility if i do happen to crash

there isnt much short of a roll cage i could put on thats going to keep me too safe, i just have to ride with a different mentality

Pappy
06-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Bill..its late, im beat and barely keeping my eyes open...but search out people that ride horses that are paralized. They may have some ideas or some things you could adapt to the quad

reconmaster
06-16-2009, 08:52 PM
looks good bill and wear a neck brace you won't join the local quad rugby team no pun intended

SRH
06-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
I see where your going with the Gokart idea, but I dont think it would be too advisable to mount a hard plastic/fiberglass seatback that you may end up getting tangled up in during a set of whoops, or something worse.
I think it shoud be firm yet soft. Something that will hold you, but cant hurt you if you smash into it.

naturally You will be the better judge of that, I'm just ratteling off idea's here, and trying to put myself in your position.

how about something like this...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/smallseatpack.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370137856994#ebayphotohosting

i think i may do something similar to that i need to buy another seat , take the cover off and glue some foam in and shave in the contour then i need another cover made

SRH
06-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
looks good bill and wear a neck brace you won't join the local quad rugby team no pun intended

haha i hear that, thats my fear though, my lower to mid thoracic isnt going to budge under an impact so its obviously going to be above it , god forbid im ever in that situation again , but id hope the force not be concnetrated entirely to 1 area of the spine

Mxjunkie
06-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Great to see your riding again man!! :macho

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Bill you are awesome man.

Like I said if you still want me to be your goggle bich at Unadilla I'm there for ya bud.

Also if you need anything custom made or come up with any ideas for more restraint stuff or anything that you could use to help keep your butt planted, let us know man, we can make anything you need and it wont cost you a dime. Feel free to toss some ideas out to me. That's a couple of pretty darn nice offers there man,...

I've been thinking more about this today as I was driving around, and I am still thinking that the "wrap-around" idea is worth looking into, OR, some sort of modification to the original idea.

So how about chewing on this a bit, and see what you think...

suppose you took the stock seat cover off, and built a raised, butt shaped, "horseshoe", out of seat foam.
Say maybe 4" to 6" inches tall. glue that in place right on top of the existing seat foam, and then have a good auto upholstery shop/guy sew up a seat cover to custom fit the new shape.

I'm visualizing something like the front half of this Harley seat,...
Except that the raised part will be on top of/ raised higher,on the existing seat foam
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/saddleseat.jpg

Then, have the upholstery guy sew in the looped side of the velcro right into the butt spot, and maybe around the raised part also.

I do also like the suggestion of a little more velco on the inner pant legs, and on the side panels of the quad, or an alternative might be a couple of snaps.
(snaps might be a little eaiser to get mounted more solid to the plastic on the quad).

Ok, I'm done for now....

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i think i may do something similar to that i need to buy another seat , take the cover off and glue some foam in and shave in the contour then i need another cover made Uuhmm, yeah, Ok,... I didnt see that post before making my previous one. (picture me with pie in the face here, LOL)

Well, I guess we're on the same line of thinking!

here's some other shape and style ideas...

http://www.day-long.com/new_pages/gallery.html

250x_kyle
06-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i was thinking about that as well, its kind of a double edged sword, for example when i clipped the tree i would of been eating bark if the belt didnt stop me but on the other hand in the event i flipped i dont want to be riding it out, i was thinking on looking at how skis work when they detach from the boots and seeing if i could get some sort of buckle to operate the same way, but my body would probably have to take some sort of impact before it would release, ive also thought about something like a quick release lever i could grab if i saw it coming

the thing with that is it happens so quickly chances are id be focused on saving my *** more than reaching for the release

so im open to any ideas, ive been troubleshooting this to death

i would love to do some sort of work with other guys in the same situation, ive found the doctors, hospitals, therapists etc pound nonsense into your head and place limitations on you that dont need to,plus there more than willing to give you any pain killer or anti depressant you want,im a happy guy in general and they made me consult with a psychologist in the hospital because i seemed upset...he told me i needed a antidepressant, i refused to take them and weened off pain meds asap to get my state of mind back where it was, its amazaing how much that garbage affects mood and state of mind, plus your so drawn back by the injury itself you accept thats how things will be , unfortunately some people never recover or pull themselves out of that rut, but with support from freinds and family and pappy reminding me from time to time that my brain works and i better make use of it , ive pretty much resumed my life where it left off less than a yr ago. i just took each thing as a challenge and found a way to put that piece back in the puzzle , the more id see things come together the more motivated i was to keep trucking along.

there is a guy from Nova Scotia on one of the message boards i get on that has his yfz set up after being paralized in a motocross accident. ill try to find some info on his set up for ya. sick looken wolverine by the way.

SRH
06-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
there is a guy from Nova Scotia on one of the message boards i get on that has his yfz set up after being paralized in a motocross accident. ill try to find some info on his set up for ya. sick looken wolverine by the way.

thanks he actually posted in this thread reconmaster aka ben brown, deal on here actually directed ben to me right after i was hurt and ben has been giving me pointers and advice which has been helpful since i been hurt

even tho were both paralyzed are levels of injury are quite different and ben requires a lil more to hold him self in place, im also shorter and my quad is wider tank area and what not so i dont have alot of the same issues a paralyzed guy would on a 450, pretty much each guys injury and body size and type and quad effects what he has to do to make it work for him

another thing i dont know if you guy are aware of when your paralyzed is you have to be careful of the skin below your level of injury for sores etc because your circulation isnt as good, so ive held back a bit on going with the seat tri5ron and i have concluded would probably work because there would be more pressure sitting flat on a seat vs the seats rounded profile, in which case i need to find a softer foam and almost a stretchy cover to keep from getting " monkey butt" as its known:p so the material moves with your body, ive contemplated actually cutting out a portion of the seat and placing a cut out of a gel wheelchair cushion in...thing is these cushions run 400 bucks so im a bit nervous about buying one and hacking it up not knowing if its going to work

when i finally do get it all set id like to get a able bodied guy on it and strap him and see how different the ride is

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 10:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Gel-cushion-for-Wheelchair-seat_W0QQitemZ270407293199QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ef587d90f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gel-Pad-Orthopedic-Lumbar-Comfort-Seat-Cushion_W0QQitemZ250444051451QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4fa0f3fb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Liquid-Gel-Seat-Cushion-for-Car-Desk-or-Wheelchair_W0QQitemZ200352465683QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea5f00313&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Comfort-Liquid-Gel-Fleece-Seat-Cushion-Chair-Pad_W0QQitemZ370216172934QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item56329a7d86&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skwoosh-Angler-II-Gel-Seat-Cushion-Yellow_W0QQitemZ220419894790QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33520cae06&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

^^^Here's some cheaper alternatives^^^

ya know,...
This whole Butt shaped, Tushie contoured, Custom fitted, Gel seat idea, is starting to grow on me a little bit.
I'm kinda LIKING it!

Hhmmmm,.... me thinks this old man may need to start thinkin' 'bout MY next mod !!!

but, I AM NOT coming over to take a plaster casting of your Arse!!!

SRH
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Gel-cushion-for-Wheelchair-seat_W0QQitemZ270407293199QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ef587d90f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gel-Pad-Orthopedic-Lumbar-Comfort-Seat-Cushion_W0QQitemZ250444051451QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4fa0f3fb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Liquid-Gel-Seat-Cushion-for-Car-Desk-or-Wheelchair_W0QQitemZ200352465683QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea5f00313&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Comfort-Liquid-Gel-Fleece-Seat-Cushion-Chair-Pad_W0QQitemZ370216172934QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item56329a7d86&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skwoosh-Angler-II-Gel-Seat-Cushion-Yellow_W0QQitemZ220419894790QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33520cae06&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

^^^Here's some cheaper alternatives^^^

ya know,...
This whole Butt shaped, Tushie contoured, Custom fitted, Gel seat idea, is starting to grow on me a little bit.
I'm kinda LIKING it!

Hhmmmm,.... me thinks this old man may need to start thinkin' 'bout MY next mod !!!

but, I AM NOT coming over to take a plaster casting of you ***!!!

lmao i could get reall high tech here and carve channels into the seat and put a contoured air bladder in there with foam on top as sort of suspension, i might have to patent that haha

it is a good idea to do the *** molding , your setting my wheels in motion here haha im going to end up with this trick multi million dollar seat lol

tri5ron
06-16-2009, 11:36 PM
ROTFLMAO !!
JEEZ MAN !, Whats next?

Swedish Memory foam,...
Air Conditioned Butt ports,...
Magic Massaging Fingers,...

Heck, at this point lets start talking about installing some heated vibrators and an IPOD !!!
LMAO !!!

400exrider707
06-16-2009, 11:59 PM

Heck, at this point lets start talking about installing some heated vibrators

Bill, I know I said I'd help... but if you go this route, I gotta draw the line...:p

reconmaster
06-17-2009, 06:36 AM
hey billi use a medium/soft foam most able bodied guys tell me cause i can't feel it that my seat is the most comfortable thing to sit on. also the knee blocks i use keep me from standing and legs from the exhuast

SRH
06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
i was actually thinking once i get this seat squared away taking it and having it pressure mapped to find out what spots did and didnt have pressure ands to what degree

tri5ron
06-17-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not Pressure Mapping your butt for you Either!
your on your own there Bud!

matt14c
06-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Great attitude man and hope everything works out well. Seem to have alot of help thats for sure.

The only thing about the velcro is wouldnt it slowly start to pull away throughout a long race to wear its really going to lose alot of its holding power to keeping you on?

SRH
06-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Great attitude man and hope everything works out well. Seem to have alot of help thats for sure.

The only thing about the velcro is wouldnt it slowly start to pull away throughout a long race to wear its really going to lose alot of its holding power to keeping you on?

thats what i was thinking along with mud getting on it

250x_kyle
06-17-2009, 09:02 PM
ROTFLMAO !!
JEEZ MAN !, Whats next?

Swedish Memory foam,...
Air Conditioned Butt ports,...
Magic Massaging Fingers,...

Heck, at this point lets start talking about installing some heated vibrators and an IPOD !!!
LMAO !!!

not quite sure how the fingers in the butt could be massaging but hey whatever floats your boat boss just dont hug me lol.

yeah would the jel seats for like on a bike work or something along those lines? i dont really have any ideas.

250x_kyle
06-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by matt14c

if you cant duckt it. well u know the rest lol.

Keystone_Rider
06-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice to see you back riding again.

I was thinking about your roll over situation.... why not fabricate something like a sissy bar, a big upside down letter U , but attached to the sub frame. Just high enough to protect your whole body from getting crushed from the weight of the wolverine. I would suggest mounting a pad of some sort to keep your helmet from smacking in the back of the sissy bar and save yourself from a concussion when you hit rocks, logs and big bumps. Maybe you could install a 5 point harness to whole yourself on the quad better with a molded seat. Or maybe attached a car racing seat to the quad and sissy bar together.

Also, your foot holders are nice, but you should put something like a strap to keep your feet in so your foot don't fly upward and out when you hit the bumps, logs or rocks. I would hate to see what would happen if your foot/leg came out and got under the rear wheels or worst, if your quad does a complete roll over and your leg comes out of the holder and snap your leg in half.

I hope any of this helps.

SRH
06-17-2009, 10:15 PM
i actually have grip tape inside them and the way the wolverines cvt cover and engine cases are and tha fact i got some size 13 1/2's holds them in pretty well:p

initially my first few rides i had no edges on the floor boards and i had hit a small table top and my foot slid off and i had no idea luckily it didnt snag the rear tire lol

i had thought about the sissy bar idea....i know my safety is important, but i dont want it to appear as im much different from the other riders, i try to make my setup as subtle as possible

i just dont want to draw attention to myself with soem freakish looking setup that makes people feel sorry for me (yeah yeah pride thing i know lol:blah: )

i guess its a kick in the balls to go from a good b-a level motocrosser to having to relearn everything a new way, and barely being able to hit a bump or hole at 5 mph that was frustrating i said well i guess im done with quads at that point but luckily ive stuck with it and im steadily improving, my goal is to be able to be at least 1 able bodied rider without a dnf etc.

not looking for any sympathy here but i miss jumping, lifes a trip a yr ago this time i was a average dude going to work and stuff, as terrible as it was that it happened i got no regrets

Keystone_Rider
06-17-2009, 10:35 PM
i know how you feel about the pride thing, not wanting to draw attention to yourself. I'm all for blending in and wanting other people to treat you the same and not feel sorry for you. I know exactly where you are coming from because i'm deaf (since birth), and hate when other people treat me differently. This is why i read lips and not use sign language. I can talk fine, but alot of people think i'm from another country cuz it sounds like an accent. lol.

If the economy improves before next season GNCC, there might be a possibility we'll meet. I'll be happy to shake your hand cuz i have respect for people who don't let their disability stop them from doing anything.

SRH
06-17-2009, 10:45 PM
i feel weird when i go to watch my buddies race and my gf pushes me backward from the fence on my lt80 because everyone is like wtf that guys lazy lol i hide it pretty well

250x_kyle
06-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i feel weird when i go to watch my buddies race and my gf pushes me backward from the fence on my lt80 because everyone is like wtf that guys lazy lol i hide it pretty well

dont lie she did it before the accident to

Lowcountrydave
06-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I didn't read every post. But I was thinking what if you had a chord attached to your seat belt latch. Kinda like the kill switch cuts yours bike off. But attach it to your wrist. We all know when we are about to eat dirt our hands start flailing, lol. Figure the length of chord you would need if your arm was extended fully to brace for impact when hitting the ground. It just might work fast enough to unlatch your belt before you fly off the seat.

Just a thought.

Dave

JForestZ34
06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
That looks great.. I just sold my 400ex this past weekend, so I don't have any wheels right now..

The next thing I'm going to look into when the time is right is a nice BIG MONSTER.. I was a HUGE utility quad this time around.... Not sure which one yet...

James

sly400ex
06-19-2009, 10:07 AM
SRH, you are one hell of an inspirational guy! Awsesome attitude!:)

jcv400ex
08-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Bill,

Any updates? How's training going for the GNCC race?

MOFO
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry I missed this thread....

SRH - prop's to you, this actually put a smile on my face to read. You are truly an inspiration to a lot of people out there including myself. I wish you all the luck with your GNCC race!!!

Have you figured out your seat belt system? If not, I have a couple idea's. Maybe later tonight I'll take some pictures to better describe what I'm talking about - in terms of a release system.