PDA

View Full Version : XC ride height?

ProConcept
06-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Got LT Fox shocks all the way around on my DS450 and was wondering what would be a good ride height setting to start at for XC/harescramble racing. I'm at 8 1/4"-8 1/2" right now and it feels too high. Hoping someone can give me a good baseline. Also how much higher the front should be than the rear.

Thanks

GE4x4
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Between 7"-7 1/2" at the footpegs is about average for xc. I run at 7 1/2", but we have a lot of rocks. But you are to high tho.

hypersnyper6947
06-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I ride right at 7", here in florida its all sand most the time so i dont have to worry about rocks.

TNT
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Ride height is very much a personal setting dependent on rider preference and track conditions. The DS has a lot of "rake". If you don't know what that is, it's the angle the lower front frame makes to the ground going back and is for ground clearance, so on the DS you may not need alot of slope front to back. I keep our quad as low to the ground as possible with 1/8-0 front to rear, without bottoming out the frame especially an aluminum one. Theres alot of literature on this site on how to set ride height and shocks. Spend some time with it in the suspension section, it will be well worth your time. Good luck!

:D