PDA

View Full Version : backfiring after heavier flywheel

moshachusetts
06-15-2009, 07:52 PM
i just put a +12 oz flywheel on my 08 yfz450 and now i'm getting some backfiring. before this everything was fine. i was wondering if it was because the bike was on its side for awhile or if the heavier flywheel has something to do with it. any help would be great as i have a xc race this weekend and dont want to be stalling in the woods.

outtagas
06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
if this is a trail tech flywheel i had the same problem - the solution was to buy the rectifier and stator from trail tech. Its weird because mine was a +6 oz and my friend had a +4 and did not have this backfiring problem. I still have the trail tech rectifier but not the stator. Heavier flywheels are sweet i wish i could get one for my 2009 yfz450r nobody makes one yet.

moshachusetts
06-16-2009, 05:10 AM
yes its a trail tech, i guess i'm not sure why it would do it though.
doesnt seem like adding the weighted flywheel should be a problem.

outtagas
06-16-2009, 10:04 AM
give trail tech a call, a rectifier and stator will solve your problem.
or take it off and run with the stock flywheel, because it really is different.

moshachusetts
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
I JUST TALKED TO TRAILTECH AND THEY SAID I SHOULDNT NEED ANYTHING MORE. SAID TO PUT IT BACK TO STOCK AND IF IT FIXS THE PROBLEM THEN THEY'LL SEND ME A NEW FLYWHEEL.

outtagas
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
ok my second +6 didnt work either without the rectifier and stator , but go ahead have fun with that, i was just trying to help and save you some time and anger.

moshachusetts
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
i understand and thank you for your help. i just dont want to spend another $160. only takes a few minutes to switch back so its worth the try to me especially if it fixs the problem and trailtech is willing to send me a new flywheel