PDA

View Full Version : Complete Big Gun System

riz400
11-19-2001, 10:26 AM
I just installed my new Big Gun system a few days ago and have put some time on it. Honestly, I really cannot tell a difference. I used to have a T4 slip-on and it felt just as good...??? I don't know, I just expected a little more for the money I pumped into her. The one thing I do love is the ceramic coating. I hated the rusty stock headpipe. I could never keep her from rusting up.

I seem to be suffering from a very serious and expensive condition.....a never ending desire for MORE POWER!!!!!

11-19-2001, 10:32 AM
Did ya rejet to make up the difference in exhuast flow?? I would think it should have made some difference,,,is it running OK,,no backfiring or bogging at any point,,from the very bottom of 1st thru the top of 5th. I know when I added my FMF powerbong it didn't seem like it did squat,,except run like crap. But when I put a 40 pilot in it and adjusted the air/fuel screw,,well then it was a different story.

riz400
11-19-2001, 10:45 AM
Yeah, the jetting was the first thing I checked. It seems fine. The plug is a nice light brown color. I ordered a Uni Filter the other day. We'll see if that helps any.

Has anyone had their carb modified by Curtis Sparks Racing?

riz400
11-21-2001, 09:18 AM
I was wrong. I assumed my jetting was OK just because my plug was a light brown color. What I forgot was that I just recently mixed a little octance booster in with some 93. I believe this was giving me false readings. Anyway, I actually took out my 152 main and put in the stock 148. I also turned the air screw out one more turn from stock position. . It ran great with the 152 when I had the T4 slip on.??????Who knows.. Precise jetting is absolutely CRITICAL.

WOW!!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

This thing screams now thanks to my new exhaust and HRC piston.